Boat racing in Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Admin View Post
    So everyone here in the states that races in Stock Mod and Pro are just "playing" ?
    No, it's all racing. You said what they do in Japan is NOT racing. I'm saying it most certainly is. So is what we do here.

Why can't they both be racing????

Edit: All I'm saying is give credit where credit is due... those drivers BOAT RACE their asses off! So do many people here.
    Last edited by Andrew 4CE; 07-08-2008, 07:00 AM.
    Fralick Racing
    Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew 4CE View Post
      No, it's all racing. You said what they do in Japan is NOT racing. I'm saying it most certainly is. So is what we do here.

Why can't they both be racing????

Edit: All I'm saying is give credit where credit is due... those drivers BOAT RACE their asses off! So do many people here.
      Ok
      HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Japan vs APBA

When I watched the vido, it reminded be of the B runabouts. A one bouy turn with rollups. I have been in that kind of race. Next race lets put a one bouy turn and have 8 B's have the rabit start where all get to the turn together.
        It may turn out to be a little exciting. Look at the cockpit they are protecting the driver from somebody hitting them when in turns. Must be a reason for that. We are talking about kevlar sides for protection. Lets chalange them to a home and home race. That would be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark 32 View Post
          Ever wonder why there is a loop on the back of your steering bar on your Yamato?
          For some folks who may not yet know what it's for. A picture's worth a thousand words.
          Attached Files

Comment

Kyōtei
            From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Kyōtei (競艇, Kyōtei?), literally "boat racing", is a hydroplane racing event primary held in Japan. It is one of the four "Public Sports" (公営競技, kōei kyōgi?); public operated parimutuel gambles in the nation, other three being horse racing, keirin (bicycle racing), and auto race (motorcycle racing).

The Kyōtei is an event which professional racers compete on man-made pools. Local governments that host race courses sell betting tickets under the parimutuel system. The racing was started in 1952. Japan was the only country to hold the racing until 2002, when South Korea also started their racing under the name 경정 (gyeongjeong), which is Korean pronunciation of 競艇. As of 2007, there are 24 racing courses in Japan, 1 in South Korea.

Motorboats will make three rounds counterclockwise, turning on two corners marked by turnmarks (buoys) floating on a course. As two turnmarks are 300m away, it takes 1,800m to finish a race. The race employs the flying start (false start) system, that is, boats must start before a race itself starts. There is a big clock put on a starting line, counting seconds left for the starting time. Boats, away from the starting line, starts roughly 12 seconds before the starting time. All the boats have to cross the starting line within 1 second after the starting time. If any of the boat could not go through the line within 1 second, or if any crossed the line before the starting time, the betting will be canceled.

All the boats and engines are the same type provided by the Yamato Motor Co., Ltd.. Racers, however, are allowed to tune their engines by themselves (but not by any other staff). Engines are randomly distributed by a drawing on the day before the race. They are also allowed to bring their own propellers. It means racers have to take a lot of time tuning their engines and propellers.

A unique aspect of the sport is the fact that women can compete men evenly. As the weights of racers make important differences for the hydroplane racing, female racers, often lighter than their male counterparts, have certain advantages. Roughly the 10% of 1,500 professional racers are women.
            Youngest Member of the Flyer Raceboat Gang

Comment

korean engines?

I read an article on Korean racing but don't recall if they make their own engines or not. Does anyone know?
              Richard

Comment

Originally posted by artie2323 View Post
                imagain having csh doing that turn i think it would get ugly or even better csr
                It dosent look like they use much of a turn fin if any.
                Team Tower

Comment

Working...
                X