Do you really want to drive a tunnel boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Savannah had 12 in both classes.

Merleau and Proffitt both ran the Opti's, finished 3rd and 2nd respectively. Shaun Torrente drove Jose Jr.'s boat on Sat then Jose ran it Sun, barrell rolled in 3/4 but landed right side up.l

Glyn Matthews didn't fire on the initial start but the red flag allowed him to close up then go on to win. Shep ran out of fuel in 1/2 on the last lap while running 4th.

Ladd and I tangled in the 1st turn, I was in 2nd he was 3rd, dropped us both back to last, Kevin needed to go to the crane to tape up a small hole. Jose's restart helped us both as I was able to also tighten up and end up 5th.

Mike Schubert had a fuel pump problem and after it was fixed his batteries went dead. Donnie McDowell had steering issues from the start.

Great race, tough water. Good time by all (most anyway)
    444-B now 4-F
    Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Curtis View Post
      D: I would guess that he was starting first ON THE SECOND FLAG!
      That would be my guess also. That's why I put a at the end of that post. I was not knocking the driver in the least.

I have the utmost respect for tunnel boat drivers..... They race a lot more laps and in rougher water than we do in the hydros plus they usually have some very good deck to deck racing also.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Dan,

Why don't you try to describe to us what it's like to turn a Tower of Power or a V-8 in the time and distance that ya'll turned them in?

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Howie Nichols View Post
          Ladd and I tangled in the 1st turn, I was in 2nd he was 3rd, dropped us both back to last, Kevin needed to go to the crane to tape up a small hole..

Great race, tough water. Good time by all (most anyway)
          I'd say the Real 4 and Wanna-be 4 were tied for 2nd at the time of the incident...
          But you're right, still had a good time...
          How about those Opti's! 2 tough drivers made them shine.
          kladd-

Comment

Working...
          X