Do you really want to drive a tunnel boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you really want to drive a tunnel boat

Take a look at this footage courtesy of APR Super League, I was winded from just watching the video

http://www.superleaguemedia.com/video/pitt07/OB83.wmv
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Neat video!! Tell them to mount the camera about 3 inches higher next time.
    !"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Comment

Originally posted by PopPop View Post
      Neat video!! Tell them to mount the camera about 3 inches higher next time.
      Hey Phil,

Funny I was thinking the same thing, great footage but the camera placement is a bit off.
      HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

If you look closely you can see me run out of gas on lap 27!!Not one of my smarter moves!

Comment

Don't feel bad it happened to someone in Savannah on the last lap
          I think we have all done it.

Rob

Comment

Rob, I blamed it on the extra kick they put in the couse so we didn't hit the bridge. At least it sounds good! Barry

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
              Do you really want to drive a tunnel boat
              No, not anymore I don't. Looks like more work than I want to do while "having fun". I ran 4 heats back to back at the AOF Nationals 4 weeks ago and thought I was going to need help to get out of my boat after the last heat.

Tell the driver of the boat with the onboard camera that the roostertails from all the boats are supposed to be behind him - not just the one from his boat.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Mount the camera on top of the canopy. 85$ will get you a decent, not great...but decent, digital waterproof vid camera on ebay . Just put in "Helmet Camera" in the search box.
                Last edited by John Howe; 11-07-2007, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Savannah last weekend

R120.jpg

Comment

Notes

A: You don't feel the G forces watching a video (notice how little time it is taking him to make a 180 degree turn, that's heavy G forces on the body!)

B: Notice how little effort goes into turning, and all the wheel cranking effort down the straitaways just fighting the torque to make the boat go strait.

C: Camera height, a few inches higher would give a better view, but the camera is at just about his eye level. That's his view!

D: I would guess that he was starting first ON THE SECOND FLAG! He then will always be in roostertails and slop. We all know about what you must drive through after giving the fast guys a couple second head start.

E: You can see the horizon all through the video. If he were up front in the better water he would be floating the boat so high you would just be catching the horizon occasionally! Touchy, scary, and the real FUN!

F: The camera gives you no idea of how hard his head is being thrown around by all this! In rough water, and all big races like this devolve into rough water after so many laps, the drivers head is being slapped about enough to blur his vision. Therefore this camera is giving you a better view than he is getting.

Comment

Fred, sure sounds good!!!

I have dial up ,,, way it is is, i depend on my freinds for what happens even though tunnells are just a thing, like insulation we struggle thru till kneeldown time comes.
                      RichardKCMo
                      Originally posted by Fred Curtis View Post
                      A: You don't feel the G forces watching a video (notice how little time it is taking him to make a 180 degree turn, that's heavy G forces on the body!)

B: Notice how little effort goes into turning, and all the wheel cranking effort down the straitaways just fighting the torque to make the boat go strait.

C: Camera height, a few inches higher would give a better view, but the camera is at just about his eye level. That's his view!

D: I would guess that he was starting first ON THE SECOND FLAG! He then will always be in roostertails and slop. We all know about what you must drive through after giving the fast guys a couple second head start.

E: You can see the horizon all through the video. If he were up front in the better water he would be floating the boat so high you would just be catching the horizon occasionally! Touchy, scary, and the real FUN!

F: The camera gives you no idea of how hard his head is being thrown around by all this! In rough water, and all big races like this devolve into rough water after so many laps, the drivers head is being slapped about enough to blur his vision. Therefore this camera is giving you a better view than he is getting.
                      RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

here is another good one!
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=AKKjdo0lr24
                        www.opc-racing.com

Comment

Running out of GAS hmmm Choke it with paper towels

I seem to remember quite a few years back a really good guy i wouldnt mention any names however he has one of the greatest websites called HYDRORACER he didnt run out of gas,he just left our shop drove to PA and played a start and shut off game got frustrated and drove home only to have Charlie McCarty remove the front cowling on his engine of which i believe Bill Fleck And myself we very close by and i remember the fraze D-- do you always race with paper towels in the carbs.hmmm adds a whole new meaning to just as bad almost as running out of GAS.
                          Sincerly Tim Lee
                          P.S.The Administrator had some good OPC boats back in the day.

Comment

Hey Rob D.....I know Proffit was running his Optimax in Savannah...how about Jimmi Merleau? or has Merleau gone back to his 120? How many 12o's were there?

Thanks Pitboss 77

Comment

Originally posted by mr2boats View Post
                              I seem to remember quite a few years back a really good guy i wouldnt mention any names however he has one of the greatest websites called HYDRORACER he didnt run out of gas,he just left our shop drove to PA and played a start and shut off game got frustrated and drove home only to have Charlie McCarty remove the front cowling on his engine of which i believe Bill Fleck And myself we very close by and i remember the fraze D-- do you always race with paper towels in the carbs.hmmm adds a whole new meaning to just as bad almost as running out of GAS.
                              Sincerly Tim Lee
                              P.S.The Administrator had some good OPC boats back in the day.
                              Hey Tim,

You just had to bring that up boy that sure does bring back some good old memories of those long nights we spent working in Flecks shop down on the shore. Good old Charlie the one arm bandit I will never forget how we used to sneak Charlie up and down Rt. 50 praying the State Police would not pull us over
                              HTML Code:

Comment

Working...
                              X