frame work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, here is the rapid prototype model

its about 13 inches long without the engine. i do have all the panels and am sanding/priming for paint now. what do you think for those that have been following?
    Attached Files

Comment

any progress??

Comment

I've been following this thread now for over a year.

Time to build! There is nothing more to add.

Comment

im thinking

of making a carbon center section (full length) with a wood boat. anyone care to run the tunnel boat program on my design?
          by the way, this made an awesome desktop model.
          Attached Files

Comment

New boat

Hey Jeff,

I've been following for a while, but is a been a while so tell me again...Are you making plans for a 60 or 120? Are you planning to build this out of wood or glass? Its looks great. Is it time to start testing?? Are you looking for someone to build it?
            Alex Fernandez
            2007 SST60 National Champion
            "persistance prevails every time"

Comment

Thanks for the interest. Yes its been a saga for this design. My "framework" thread turned out to be quite an informative one. So yes I am planning on building. My design may not be quite finished for what I want. I would like to make the bottom out of wood, and incorporate a carbon fiber/Kevlar center section (full length). So I have a little modifying to my plans for this. I think it will keep the cost down plus once I have a mold, would be offer other builders an "updated" center section and still give people the personal build of the boat. Also giving me the option to ship the center section easily to anyone that wants to build one. So that's what im up to. Like I said, I really appreciate any feedback and am grateful for all the interest.
              Thanks, Jason
              ah and it is a SST-120 boat shown. but i still want to model a SST-60 also.
              goals~
              SST-120
              -3d computer model carbon fiber (entire boat with capsule incorporated into body) (already modeled)
              -model carbon fiber full length center section (build) (not modeled but should be easy to do from existing model)
              -wooden sponsons build (already modeled)
              SST-60
              -computer 3d model
              -maybe model carbon fiber full length center section

thanks everyone!
              Last edited by JJJeffcoat; 03-07-2008, 06:25 PM.

Comment

end of the road for this design i suppose.

I can laser cut these for anyone interested. If you dont know about lasercutting, think of it like a 3d jig saw puzzel. The fit is exceptionally tight. The guy near me charges from 1000 (8 sheets ply) for alot of parts cut to 500 for a light package (no smaller parts and 6 sheets ply). This is just for laser cutting. Anyone really interested, let me know and i will get a current price. these are round abouts pricing.

I am now working on blueprinting a 20ssh hydro. I will start a new thread for that build. I do have a SST capsule, but think the build will be more expensive than i am willing to pay for now. Plus, i like my designed capsule more than the one i have in the garage. again, waaay to expensive to build molds for that. I am a poor guy like the next.

Anyone have a cheap 20 or C class hydro engine for a good cause?

I would like again to thank everyone that help with this 3d model build. Its been since Feb 2007. now its Jan 2010. i never really stopped working on the model for that time period. Modify here and there. I must say, it looks good.

I did start a SST-60 also, the model framework i think is done (havent visited in a while), but could probably be laser cut also.

I used to work for Janicki Ind and got laid off after being Design Engineer / Project Manager on the "Wing" project for BMW Oracle Racing. After being laid off i was lucky enough to be picked up by those guys since i was part of the top secret wing already. So here i am again, the race will probably be in Feb and i am looking to be laid off from work again. Everyone is deploying to Spain as i am writing this. If you dont know about the wing, please do your self a favor and take a look. its impressive!
                bmworacleracing.com

SO having said that, anyone looking for 3D model work done, send me a shout. I have the software and computer to do the work.

Take care and see you in the 20SSH / C HYDRO BUILD!
                Last edited by JJJeffcoat; 01-08-2010, 03:45 PM.

Comment

SST By Jason

the up to date 3d model
                  Attached Files

Comment

more

more 3d models. Yes even a trailer from my old SST-120.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I don't know what the market is like right now but I have to believe that you could do fairly well in starting up a radio control model boat company building electric, nitro and gas model boats. If you do an internet search you will find a wide range of designs and sizes. You could also investigate options of building boats for model companies such as Kyosho, etc. Many of them are molded in ABS but top competion boats are epoxy/carbon fiber. Probably the best tunnel boats have been produced by Tommy Lee (Leecraft) who's brother David builds the Aeroslot SST 120 and F1 boats aka Terry Rinker. A good model racing hull sells from $300 to $1200 depending on size and/or design.

Comment

Janicke looks as though they have the greatest machine for making plugs. How many hours would it take them to do your capsule plug on their cnc machine?

Too bad you are getting laid off. Is their business that slow? You'd think they were in a good position with all the emphasis on composites these days.

You might be interested in this link to my site that concerns capsule design.
                        http://members.axion.net/~tstanley/Capsule.htm

I'm only a little over an hour north of you, depending on the border line up.

Tom Stanley

Comment

Working...
                        X