Tunnel hull for AOMCI events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tunnel hull for AOMCI events

Looking for an older, structuraly sound OPC tunnel hull boat, (boat only)capable of running a 4 cyl. Chrylser Stacker motor. boat will be used at AOMCI meets. Need not be a capsule boat. SE part of the country.

rich

It would take some work, but, some guy converted a 1966, 16-17' Carlson tunnel into a V drive on Craig's list, San Diego. It has some small block chevy motor in it for $5200
    Bill Schwab
    Miss KTDoodle #62C
    -Naturescape encinitas landscape company

Comment

Carlson made them that way as an option, might not have been converted.

Building Popular Science Aqua Racer is probably the best way to go.

Comment

Aquaracer is too narrow and for the time and cost to build it, I could build a modern one that would have some value to it after I`m done. If I buy an outdated boat it needs to be a fixer upper cheap.

rich

Comment

The Aquaracer is sufficiently wide. What makes you think it is too narrow for a Chrysler? The original ran with a V-4 ... essentially the same power and weight. It would have been a marginally competitive Sport J boat ... you are looking for the same thing.

Comment

Aquaracer

Originally posted by sam View Post
            The Aquaracer is sufficiently wide. What makes you think it is too narrow for a Chrysler? The original ran with a V-4 ... essentially the same power and weight. It would have been a marginally competitive Sport J boat ... you are looking for the same thing.
            Having driven the first one, the one on the cover of Popular Mechanics, I agree with Sam. It is sufficiently wide enough.

Comment

I built my Aqua Rod a foot wider than the plan and closed in the forks more like the designs that preceded to forks. I believe the Aqua Racer was the second gen design. I ran a 150 Chrysler on it that was one of a pair of factory motors run in '72 by Pierre LaVigne. I have no Idea on speed except that it was much, much faster than Dad's DSH. It did a funny side step as it came on the pipes and settled into full accelleration just fine.
              Attached Files

Comment

Tomta11, I sent you an e-mail, maybe you didn`t get it. I`m interested in your tunnel boat. Please send pics and price. floridaboy2053@yahoo.com
                Thanks, Rich

Comment

Rich

Didn't get the e-mail but you have mail.
                  Tom L.

Comment

Working...
                  X