No announcement yet.

Terrible Crash, need HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funeral is this coming Saturday, Oct 17 ! Thank you for your donations and Prayer Mike will be missed! Let me share this last story:

Dave Weber told me of Mikes best race of his Life came this year at Burley Id. Regatta, the Mecca of flat bottom racing! His class alone boasted 16 competitors who all wanted the Burley Mink and a win! Mike advanced from all his qualifying heats to the final where he faced the Champion PS70 Faulkner boat driven by Tye Nueton who replaced the late Lance Faulkner and multiple Mink winner and 7 time Hall of Fame recipient! No one had ever beaten or even matched Tyes speed or success at Burley according to Dave! I personally witnessed 5 years of this phenomenon. That changed in 2015 as Mike Devore's PS76 Lavey pulled ahead in every straight and bested the USA's finest and fastest for 2 1/2 laps! Had Mike been a dirty driver, he could have pushed challengers out and won! He NEVER drove like that! He would NEVER want the win that bad and possibly hurt someone!
    He later told me that his leg just gave out from pushing that manual down pedal while the others all had power assisted pedals! If you have ever driven these fast, narrow Lavey Craft Racers you would know this! Experienced Veterans stood in awe and admiration as they witnessed the unthinkable! A Lavey, an obsolete boat was leading! Mikes ability and skill as a flat bottom driver, in a boat brand know for throwing drivers from the helm with regularity, at that point in time, had never been duplicated in a Decade!!! Yet, Mike never bragged of being fast, just grinned and planned to win next time!
    Last edited by Jerkizoid; 10-12-2015, 09:45 AM.

Comment

One last post of Mikes' Lavey, the fastest one in the USA! Click image for larger version

Name:	LaveyNavy.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	439727

Comment

Michael Scott Devore's Memorial is Saturday Oct 17 at 11 am at Mt Spokane Church. Address is 6311 E Mt Spokane Park Dr. Mead Washington. All are welcome to attend at the Familys request. There will be a small display of boats to honor Mike and Luke.

Comment

Working...
        X