Very Unusual by Eliminator or?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh ya

Yep, I need more free time & extra money to turn my flowerpot into a boat It will get there...

Comment

eliminator gets its shots

Originally posted by Jerkizoid View Post
      Very happy to see the large stainless drop through turning skegs very much like the beisemeyer hardware. However, they are leaking!!
      Today, the hammer test revealed some delam that should take about 3 days to fix. It's minor compared to the other project and this could have been present when the boat came out of the mold in 1970! Technology back then just isnt what it is today, now vacuum bags are used for a better wood glass bond!
      Delam will be addressed with West Systems epoxe, injected with a horse syringe 45 cc at a time! The holes are filled with golf tees then beveled and reglassed. I tip the boat while injecting so resin runs into the effected area and all air is forced to the high side with weights. The actual fiberglass skin over the wood is app 3/16 to 1/4 inch.
      The wood tailings are nice and light colored which indicates no water had penetrated this area to rot and jeopardize the woods strength.
      I suspect lots of boats in use have this condition since every boat I have flipped displays this potential problem. That's a jerks opinion of course.
      Product on the right, West Systems is what I described above, two pumps of each totals 2 oz and is mixable right in the tube if you use the golf tees to plug the nozzel. Two rows of holes as small as you can make them so the golf tees fit snug and stop resin from escaping. Then the next day I add to the top holes after the air bubbles stop. I also make sure the first area repaired is lower than the last so all material runs and fills the gap pushing the air forward and upward. In other words, the transom is lower than the bow and the boat is tilted as well. Dont forget to add weights to the area before epoxe sets up.

Last edited by Jerkizoid; 03-17-2011, 09:41 PM.

Comment

this one:

Originally posted by Jerkizoid View Post
        On the rotisserie for its bottom check. Sure exciting to see the actual running surface, kinda like kicking the tires or seeing it there is actual tread left so you can drive fast! No one, of very few do this. After the Aquacraft debacle you learn! Thanks Jim for the loaner tool!
        SOLD by the weekend, going West!

Comment

It's back

New owner has surfaced! Ed and son intend on getting her wet very soon. I wanted so bad to help install the new steering but my shop is full of NON moving stuff so I opened up the doors for them to pick the last parts. They needed a v-drive pan and minor stuff to complete this rare boat! Finally maybe the old girl will see water after a 15 year rest on the trailer bunks. Welcome Ed and post pictures if you can!

Comment

Working...
          X