No announcement yet.

Ione

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking for myself, I would error in the margin of safety, if I was sliding out.
    Not to get in big long debate, if you slide out into the next lane & wash a guy out, & it was not intentional, & retieve your orginal lane, then What? So the debate is, was it intentional? If it happened, only Mike D. could answer that.
    Talking to Mike it was not.

Comment

I have an idea

How about if the lead driver has to be able to turn his head 180 degrees to see where everybody is on the corners---Not possible so I guess the lead boat is Gawd. Jimmy D.

Comment

OK, JERK will blab without abandon: It is a fact, we have some serious side by side duals within our Nostalgia bunch (we are OUTLAWS ya know) NO fouls were called, only cheers for the most exciting 4 boat race heats in quite a while!! I was there both days doing crew for SS396 and trying to stay out of trouble, kinda.
        Fact 2, tight 2 pin turns and a short 3/4 course allowed way more passing room on each chute (safe) Hense, some of the best racing I have ever witnessed period. Ya know, Seattle flat races that I have watched suck in camparison to this and probably the few 2 or 3 boats there should stay home cause this is a TIGHT sprint shoot out not for the weak of heart or the stupid. Now with that being said, WE HAD 8 RACING FLATS ALL RUNNING IN THE 90S. So maybe there arent stupid but smart to stay home.
        #3 we have almost lost our fun ski boat class although we had SS396 and SK1 there in incredible Sangers! Talk abounds for 4 more boats joining next year as boatless drivers teamed up and strategized for next year., we will have a dozen boats back for 2011 it would seem.
        #4 the owner of the fastest K boat ever was present teaching his son to drive his current 19 Ford powered Sanger and the K500 current owner flew in from Oklahoma! Ellis is now another fan of our racing, maybe we will see the blown 429 that ran 157mph in 1983 return! He is currently designing a new home for Tony Stewart #14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        #5 The formitable crew named the Backlunds are BACK! Get scared all over you chickens hiding out in region 10, we just might come mess with you sometime soon!
        Jerk OUT

Comment

Blah, Blah

Carefull Jerk, Kip Brown might find another record running Jones and kick our butts again. Hope to see some Seattle boats here also but not in a " Hatfield vs. McCoy" nosty race. Ryan Butler is restoring a boat and is planning on racing a bit with our group. Jimmy D.

Comment

More Ione phtos

A few more photos from Ione last weekend...
            Attached Files

Comment

Great pics. Much better than mine. Nice shot of Drews boat.
              sigpic

Comment

Docster,
                hangin' tough ...lookin' good...in a RUNNER
                i'm an excellent driver...

Comment

Oh

That Backlund family photo is a killer! He didnt want good seats, well he paid body wise for weeks with neck pain!!! Go figure, idiot! Got more??

Comment

Race this weekend sept 24 2011

NEXT weekend we head to Ione, weather report: 90s for Spokane! Slightly cooler in them mountains but should be sweet! Whose going, we have Charlie ready to test props!

Great spectator viewing! Overnight camping in the City Park, bring your RV or tent. No admission costs, lots of v-drive parking so bring your boats regardless of racing or not! We can help anyone with their boats. Last race of the year for SLORA. Some are testing for Divisionals. No one I know is going to Chelan but possibly Sammamish.

See ya there Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                    X