No announcement yet.

NBRA race at Lucas Speedway, Saturday results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alan you need to post the helment cam vidio of the nasty spin, it would be really good watch , of things not to do, I am really glad Alan was ok, from my view it was scary bad.
    Jeff

Comment

Hopefully a little West System and some Krylon and it will be as good as new! Just dont stick a chisle in your hand like my last repair!
      Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Lucas

Hi Jeff,
        If the club would like it posted we can do that after editing out the long section of bringing the boat to shore. I would also like to thank Vernon for his help in getting Alan and the boat to the shore. Hope someone also has video from shore.

Alan
        Last edited by OldRacerBU; 07-13-2012, 10:42 AM.

Comment

So I have to ask what happened and which class was this in?

Comment

Dr Rick Miller... Please keep me posted concerning Garnett, Kansas which
            is coming up the week-end of July 21-22.. Will it the be north lake or the south lake??
            Davey Viola
            dviola2@cox.net

Comment

Thank You

We had full fields in all but I think one class. It made for an impressive show from a racer standpoint. And i am positive the fans in beer tents enjoyed Kevin Mac & I doing synchronized spins in the first turn in ER. I have to say I am not so sure these sissy fin boats are the way to go on this course. A roll up would flat take the cake here.

Had a great time, despite the heat. While some of us (in true boat racer form) stayed a little too late at the speedway's bar Friday night the racing was a blast.

So for all the non-believers and skeptics on the ability to race here, not ONE flip occured. The only accident was Tony hitting Vanwheel in DH Sunday when he spun. Nobody hit the bank either. Personally I found you could run it like Dan Kirts always did at Beaverton MI Pro races. The right sponson on the shore gave you a real nice arc for the turn. I admit it was not my choice to put it there between traffic and working my way up I found one could make that lane work real well.

There are a lot of details to the results of this race that will most likely not be published until an offical communication is released. For now all I have to say is welcome to Lucas Oil Speedway. We came, we proved, we had fun, stayed safe, drank enough gatorade to buy stock in the company, and found out that on real race courses, the fastest boat often does not win. It is a combination of being a driver and a racer. You had to pass smart here, and you had to actually race and not ride. For all those that like CSH in APBA, deck to deck stuff, you should have seen the start of EH on Sunday... wow. 7 of us all bunched up to where you could toss a tarp over us. I know I was touching sponsons on both sides ! LOVE IT. And guess what, all of us got through the first turn. Talk about heart pounding.

I want to thank the girls who ran the show on judges stand. As Jack Stotts was the referee and the scorers on the stand, WOW. AWESOME JOB. I have never in all my 30 plus years of racing seen a full schedule run off in that amount of time. Hats off to you. The pits worked great, everyone did a fine job. At the rate we were going we could have run over a 100 heats that day. Too bad the storm hit I really was looking forward to the Lucas Oil dude taking out a race boat for a test run.

No races were cancelled here, we got it in. We got back to the hotel and ate supper at the Pub & Grub saturday night. Back from eating at 6:30 PM. Had no idea what to do with all my time after that. Oh, wait, I did seem to do a complete workout of 12 oz curls.
              Dave Mason
              Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M View Post
                We had full fields in all but I think one class. It made for an impressive show from a racer standpoint. And i am positive the fans in beer tents enjoyed Kevin Mac & I doing synchronized spins in the first turn in ER. I have to say I am not so sure these sissy fin boats are the way to go on this course. A roll up would flat take the cake here.

Had a great time, despite the heat. While some of us (in true boat racer form) stayed a little too late at the speedway's bar Friday night the racing was a blast.

So for all the non-believers and skeptics on the ability to race here, not ONE flip occured. The only accident was Tony hitting Vanwheel in DH Sunday when he spun. Nobody hit the bank either. Personally I found you could run it like Dan Kirts always did at Beaverton MI Pro races. The right sponson on the shore gave you a real nice arc for the turn. I admit it was not my choice to put it there between traffic and working my way up I found one could make that lane work real well.

There are a lot of details to the results of this race that will most likely not be published until an offical communication is released. For now all I have to say is welcome to Lucas Oil Speedway. We came, we proved, we had fun, stayed safe, drank enough gatorade to buy stock in the company, and found out that on real race courses, the fastest boat often does not win. It is a combination of being a driver and a racer. You had to pass smart here, and you had to actually race and not ride. For all those that like CSH in APBA, deck to deck stuff, you should have seen the start of EH on Sunday... wow. 7 of us all bunched up to where you could toss a tarp over us. I know I was touching sponsons on both sides ! LOVE IT. And guess what, all of us got through the first turn. Talk about heart pounding.

I want to thank the girls who ran the show on judges stand. As Jack Stotts was the referee and the scorers on the stand, WOW. AWESOME JOB. I have never in all my 30 plus years of racing seen a full schedule run off in that amount of time. Hats off to you. The pits worked great, everyone did a fine job. At the rate we were going we could have run over a 100 heats that day. Too bad the storm hit I really was looking forward to the Lucas Oil dude taking out a race boat for a test run.

No races were cancelled here, we got it in. We got back to the hotel and ate supper at the Pub & Grub saturday night. Back from eating at 6:30 PM. Had no idea what to do with all my time after that. Oh, wait, I did seem to do a complete workout of 12 oz curls.
                Sounds like a great time..Can we do the same at Centralia.. Would like to see what is is like to have a smooth flowing race and plenty of time for the 12Oz curls and lots of racing too

Comment

Braxton Miller ran 7 heats, he won five heats and tied with Rick Miller in two events on Sunday. I give him too much room...

Comment

Originally posted by DrRick34-0 View Post
                    Braxton Miller ran 7 heats, he won five heats and tied with Rick Miller in two events on Sunday. I give him too much room...
                    Must be nice to the young ones

Comment

Would like to see what is is like to have a smooth flowing race....
                      Mike, are you sure? I'm not sure what I would do WITHOUT all that extra free-time.
                      Blue Thunder 55U - Sharky 97R
                      sigpic

Comment

Funny Mr. Dirt !!

Originally posted by Mr_dirt View Post
                        Mike, are you sure? I'm not sure what I would do WITHOUT all that extra free-time.
                        You know what was weird, and I made this a point Saturday night becasue it was a somewhat new concept. We were back to the htel, showered, and out to eat a good meal at the local Pub & Grub, and back to the hotel to rest. I looked at my watch and it was freaking 6:36 PM. When I noticed this time I simply looked up and asked now what do we do ? What else but go to the local watering hole and water. The car races werwe cancelled at Lucas becasue the track did not have time to dry out from the hard but brief storm. But the bar was open at the speedway. They like the boat racers there, we all signed the walls inside the bar. Neat atmosphere there, and a great view of the dirt track. Good thing our ideas never materialized on going down to the pits, which was about 300 yards away, and gather up all the golf carts, Polaris Rangers, go Karts, and Kawasaki UTV's that were in the pits. I called dibs on the mini sandrail like go kart thing Kampens brought. I am betting Allan Owen would have loved us for testing out his brand new UTV on the track... hehehehehehehe.
                        Dave Mason
                        Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Dave,

Since I've started running CSH and 20SS, I don't quite know what to do at the end of the day either. The fuel is turned off, the prop is removed and then what? I think I wandered around in circles for a bit at this last race. At least that's the way it's supposed to work.

Mike helped me replace a set of points at this last race. So we ended up wrenching for a little while. Us mod drivers can turn anything into a project. If I get the SEH back together for the last part of the season things could get a little nuts again. Might have to trade the SE for a DSH. I kind of like this gas go program!
                          Blue Thunder 55U - Sharky 97R
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X