No announcement yet.

Proposed schedule for Lucas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is the schedule as posted on the NBRA web site.

Flight #1
    ER
    CMH
    Novice

Flight #2
    DH
    25ModH
    SEH

Flight#3
    EH
    CSH
    DR

Jack

Comment

We have to make a motor change between csh and ah. It would give us more time if we flipped eh and csh. Personally , I like the Eh race when most of the people are there which will between 1pm and 3pm. In this schedule the Eh may occur later than that. That is why I like to run Novice first, and then Csh and then Eh which is the two most competive classes. I have cked with drivers and the Cmod and 25mod entries will be down this weekend because of conflicts. The Cmod is exciting class to watch as well because they all run very close together.

Comment

The drivers meeting will be at 11 AM Sat with racing at 1200 Noon. Jeff tells me there will be some testing Sat AM prior to the drivers meeting. I expect him to chime in here with his intentions on that issue. WE are going to run a flight schedule. That is, going through each class as listed within the flight and then repeat except in the 3rd flight where AH will run back to back after
        the last heat of DR.

Engine Change Sermon
        Back a few years ago when I was running 5 classes I could switch engines and add a transom booster going from 25XS to Yamato 302 in 2 1/2 min unassisted. That was from engine shutoff to back in the water. Including putting the boat on the cart, up the beach and then back with the 302. Not picking on you, but we will get it done. I think, just maybe, we will give a little consideration to the old guys but you don't get as much because your driver is so young. Kind of balances out. Remember, for the a reasonable sum, I possibly could be bought! Jack

Comment

testing on Saturday 8:30 am till 10:45 am, drivers meeting short and sweet, NO BS emphisis on SAFTEY ON RACE COURSE, 1/2 hr max, Autograph session 11:30 till noon, 1st class start gun 12:15 promptly< AS far as the scheduling goes, all I have to say Thank you Jack, and untill all you other guys put on a race such as this with the EXCELENT CALIBER of people of Lucas, and what there exceptations of us are, and do all the details yourself, and put up with all the stress of hundreds of phone calls, man hours, expenses and all the other bs that I have put up with, DEAL WITH IT, The Refree and I worked hard to try to please all but that can never be done < SO deal with it, Lets put on this Show
          Jeff

Comment

Race Schedule Building

There are approximately 3,628,800 combinations in setting up the schedule. We looked at every combination in detail and came up with what you see here. I know I said we would welcome comments and that still stands. Please attempt to refrain from beating a dead horse. It's now time for you folks that have multiple changes to concentrate on how you are going to pull it off. It's a team effort to include all your crew and possibly some help from others to include the referee. We'll make it work. Jack

Comment

Schedule

If you make the change doc asked for it will put almost all of the d hydro drivers back to back with their e hydros. Most of the d runabout guys also run e hydro. So I for one would like to see the schedule stay as it is.
              Keith Kampen

Comment

I know of 1 guy that is running every heat in the 2nd flight, jumping from boat to boat, with no pitt help, the only thing he ask for was a o2 bottle
                Jeff

Comment

Some time in the afternoon, an intermission may be in order. We have short ones during turn judge change but we may want to have one a little longer at mid schedule which would put it in the middle of flight #2. Sounds workable so we'll keep that in mind between now and Fri evening. Try to solidify it after the day of testing. Who knows, someone may break something and be a dropout and no longer be an issue. We are not seeking the impossible or trying to run someone into the ground. Putting on a great show is important but with an eye on the big picture. We are what we are and we can not hide that. That's why I get paid the big bucks. Make it work. Jack
                  Last edited by Jack Stotts; 07-04-2012, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M View Post
                    Careful, I will tell who won the war........
                    not quite yet, Dave...there are a BUNCH of people in the south still FIGHTING that war...

Comment

"That's why I get paid the big bucks. Make it work." Jack

Jack....Give yourself a raise you've earned it!
                      Gardner Miller
                      Lone Star Outboard Racing Association

"Water is for racing. Asphalt is for the parking lot."
                      Rember....Freedom isn't...."Free".......

Comment

Pay Raise?

Not Yet! We'd better wait and see how things go first. Jack

Comment

This has been a great thread to read. The way you group your engines/classes lets you run a 'show' for spectators and lets the racers have fun racing. Get in.. get out.. go cookout/party/fix yer rig... And, do it again the next day and get home in decent time.

Somebody from from 'the Crown' (err that's APBA fer my redneck friends) is going to read my posts regarding the NBRA and tell me if i like NBRA that much, why don't I just go race NBRA.

To that I will merely respond that there appear to be advantages in both $$$$ and Sense.

Good Luck at LUCAS
                          Alex

Comment

War

We won. Why else do you think there is a bunch of Yanks living in Texas.

Jack, if you need help keeping peopl ein line with that schedule, let me know. You have enough to deal with on the judges stand.

For those that need help, ASK. There is not a racer at an NBRA race that would not pitch in and get you on the water if you are worn out in the heat and need to make a change. But you have to ASK someone. Don't wine to the referee, as your neighbor for help. Ask someone for petes sake.

Tharpe, I might be up to party in your suite if it is not filled yet. Sounds like fun, and we will leave the boat racing at Lake Lucas.

It is to bad someoen scheduled a race the same weekend as this to prevent others from coming over, and made it a divisonals. Oh well. We will thrive and grow without cross overs. Just like we have been doing.

I emailed Forrest Lucas today and asked him to build an enclosed air conditioned pits for us. hehehehehehehe. Gonna be hot folks, bring lots of water.
                            Dave Mason
                            Just A Boat Racer

Comment

"Why else do you think there is a bunch of Yanks living in Texas."

Why? Because we"ve been to Detroit, so we allow it out of the kindness of our Dixie hearts.

Comment

This crowd could be different than any we have race in front of...Because of the car race later in the evening, we could have our largest crowd later in the schedule. I remember at Garnett last year, we had the EH the first race and all the people were there, it was exciting and a great show. With the temperature around a 100 degrees and no shade, I wonder if there will be much of a crowd. We have rebuilt our 102 and have to test our 302, so we will be testing tomorrow..

Comment

Working...
                                X