Flight 2 D hydro
    25 mod hydro
    SE hydro
    ------------------------
    Flight 3 E hydro
    C stock hydro
    D R
    AH

this is just a proposal to throw out there, not knowing for sure what all classes will show up. Also these races will be ran in flights, there may be some issues we have to change in the last flight with restrictors in the c and a classes, we may run those 2 classes back to back, Any input????
    Jeff

A and C stocks should be separated some what because of the plate changes. Put the Largest class in when the most people will be in the seats. C stock in the first flight.
    Last edited by doc 35-0; 06-28-2012, 08:07 PM. Reason: wanted to add to the blog

Comment

You might want to put E hydro in the first flight towards the end of the flight, loud, fast and good participation. Thinking that the dirt car guys might come over when they know (hear) the races have started, this class will be right up their alley. Never know, Some of them might be amazed that they could buy a "front runner" complete rig for 1/4 of what they spent on a motor..........

Comment

Just to be clear, for those of you who think our racing is expensive. A good 4 cyl midget motor, or a good late model V8 motor is around 40K. Then you get to buy the rest of the package. Same with a quality sprint car, BTW, sprints run an engine 10 nights and the they need refreshed, at about the cost of a good C-stock hydro rig price. BT

Comment

I hate to start off our program with the Novice. Lets face it, it is the weakest class we have and not exactly a nail biter when run. We used to start out with one of our big 4 cyl classes to get spectators interested. Run the Novice in the middle right before intermission or turn boat change.

Larry Mac

Comment

Originally posted by propfxrO84 View Post
            Just to be clear, for those of you who think our racing is expensive. A good 4 cyl midget motor, or a good late model V8 motor is around 40K. Then you get to buy the rest of the package. Same with a quality sprint car, BTW, sprints run an engine 10 nights and the they need refreshed, at about the cost of a good C-stock hydro rig price. BT
            Just to look at this another way. I was on the pit crew for someone at our local speedway. I will have to say we where in it for the fun, not to win. It was a stock 4 cylinder class. We ran an air cooled Beetle against Honda's, and other newer cars. In two years we got 3rd place once. [Can anyone guess what color it was and what number he had???? For people who know us look at my son's number.] My son has about the same amount in his CSR with a 102 as we spent in 2 years on the beetle. We raced once a week traveling 40 miles round trip.
            We are local boat racers attending around 5 races a year. As for value I think it goes to boat racing. The boat racing "family" still amazes me. Things like "your having motor problems? Use my spare" then the person who let you use his motor seems happy you beat him.
            When we first started boat racing my son said "imagine how nice it would be to have a 6 foot deep man made lake to race in"

GO LUCAS!
            Chris Jordan

Comment

Due to some Valid points from drivers, we have changed up the schedule alittle bit.
              Flight 1
              ER
              CMOD H
              NOVICE
              ---------------------
              Flight 2
              DH
              25 MOD H
              SEH
              --------------------
              Flight 3

EH
              C Stock H
              DR
              A Hydro back to back

We had some concerns about running in flights, I believe that we should try this in the 1st flight, and if things need to change we can go back to back. due to motor changes in the hydro and rbt classes both D and E this is a more workable schedule for the guys doing engine swaps Thanks
              Last edited by thetrailergod; 07-01-2012, 06:26 PM. Reason: just a quick edit
              Jeff

Comment

You're doing a good job Jeff. It's impossible to come up with a perfect schedule.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Jeff and I have been coordinating the fine tuning of the schedule. In way of explanation, we shifted Novice to later in the first flight after consideration of crowd appeal. We will be starting off with a loud class that being ER. I know it was mentioned to run EH first and then ER in the third flight but that would have caused some problems in that final flight with both ER and DR in the same flight. AH will actually be run back to back as the last class of the day and then will lead off on Sunday. Restrictor plate installation was a big consideration in putting it by itself. If those involved feel that they can not install or remove restrictor plates while DR is running then we can juggle the class order within flight 3 to provide more time. At any rate, AH will be run back to back.

As it stands now, we will not have a turn judge change for the AH class and the rest of that, what is really a third flight. Jeff will be there all day on Friday to entertain requests for modifications to the schedule. We, collectively, want to do what is best for the most people. We both understand that everybody may want a change here and there but I can assure you that we took in as many of the recommendations for change as possible to date. There may be some critical points that were missed. We will do our best to cooperate and graduate.

Sincerely, your friedly referee
                  Jack
                  Last edited by Jack Stotts; 07-01-2012, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Lucas

The schedule as offered now seems great. Need to mix the load clases with the not so load, although we will run our C MOD Merc to enhance the sound quality. Can also run the 444 in SE if that will help. One thing we should consider is to run a 20 min marathon at the end of the show limited to D and E MOD. Would be intresting! only kidding. See everyone at the race.

Alan

Comment

REALLY hoping to be able to make it!
                      If we are not able to, PLEASE take lots of videos. I want to see ALL the helmet cam shots! Haha.
                      John Mathews @ Mathews Racing L-390

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnmathews390
                      Instagram: http://instagram.com/johnmathews_390
                      Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/johnmathews_390
                      Email: JohnMathewsL390@aol.com
                      Cell#: 318-794-4515

Comment

By the way... Thank you Jeff and Jack (as well as anyone and everyone else involved in this)!! This is a BIG step! And the schedule look very good for the weekend I think.
                        John Mathews @ Mathews Racing L-390

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnmathews390
                        Instagram: http://instagram.com/johnmathews_390
                        Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/johnmathews_390
                        Email: JohnMathewsL390@aol.com
                        Cell#: 318-794-4515

Comment

flip Eh with csh and that gives you two heats to change the plates. Each heat will take 7-8minutes, so that gives us fifteen minutes to do the change. Braxton has to change a motor, not a plate. there is a judge change as well. Rick burned Braxton's motor up and we may run an A in the C, if we do get it repaired in time..Parts are hard to come by. if that is the case we are good to go..

Comment

Novice should be run when there is fewer people...Given that it will be 100degrees and there is no shade, Novice should run after the A...only a few people will be there at that time in that heat.

Comment

Leonard, I don't agree. The Novice is our investment in the future. You know that so I'm not breaking any news. The novice racers deserve the opportunity to do their thing in front of as many people as possible. We didn't put them first on the schedule so that possibly some folks will respond to the noise of the lead off ER. We are not going to short change them and if put after AH, we again have a restrictor plate change. Jack
                              Last edited by Jack Stotts; 07-01-2012, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X