No announcement yet.

NBRA Ethanol Challenge Series 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just to say way to gooo guys,,, wish we had you in this neck of the woods,,, as i understand it nbra got chased off by a few naaaaa sayers years past,,,, wish we had nbra here you guys deff getting with it,,,,,,,

Comment

One of things I like about NBRA is the ability to run four heats with one rig. Put the resistor in the C and you have an A. Run a Cmod and you can step up into the 25Mod. A Rig costing at least five thousand, you can get more bang for your Buck. Bring A C stock with a resistor and a CMod and you can drive your little heart out...I hope they split the prizes and milage money, half and half...

Comment

Great job Vernon!!! Hats off to the entire NBRA for working hard over the years. Just a quick proven experience. I owned a 99 model 225 Merc Optimax. I sold it last year and the new owner just had a computer check on it. It is clean and strong all original with 650+ hours on it, original fuel line is still on it. I live in IL and use Ethanol Fuel.
        V-25 Alan

Comment

Looking for answers so we can consider traveling to NBRA events

Schedule?

Cross over chart from APBA classes to NBRA classes?
          444-B now 4-F
          Avatar photo credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

Originally posted by Howie Nichols View Post

Schedule?

Don't know about a cross over chart, but maybe this will help as far as a race schedule...

http://www.racenbra.com/

Comment

Thanks will check out the website
              444-B now 4-F

Comment

Schedule?

What APBA classes are you running? I can tell you what classes that'd be for us.
                John Mathews @ Mathews Racing L-390

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnmathews390
                Instagram: http://instagram.com/johnmathews_390
                Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/johnmathews_390
                Email: JohnMathewsL390@aol.com
                Cell#: 318-794-4515

Comment

NBRA classes

From the current NBRA rule book, hope it helps
                  CLASSES - ENGINES - WEIGHTS

RUNABOUT CLASSES
                  STOCK ENGINES
                  A- YAMATO 80,YAMATO 102,202,302 W/ 20SSH RESTRICTOR PLATE, SIDEWINDER 15H --- 390LBS
                  B---- YAMATO 102, 202, 302, MERCURY/MAINER 25XS-------------------------420LBS
                  D---- MERCURY 44ci, TOHATSU M50D2, MERCURY 44XS--------------------- 490LBS
                  NOVICE---- YAMATO 80 W/ RESTRICTOR PLATE, ANY MOTOR 15 HP-15ci OR LESS WITH A
                  CLUB FOOT, (Removal of tiller handle and addition of a steering bar permitted)
                  DEAD MAN THROTTLE AND KILL SWITCH REQUIRED.
                  SUPER STOCK ENGINES
                  A---- MERCURY KG-4, MARC 15,MERCURY 20H, HOT ROD A, SIDEWINDER 15 w/ANY EXHAUST---345LBS
                  B---- HOT ROD B, SIDEWINDER 20 w/ ANY EXHAUST---------------------------365LBS
                  OMC & MERCURY B-1 ENGINES, YAMATO 80 MODIFIED---------------420LBS
                  D---- MECURY 40ci, 55H-----------------------------------------------------------------------490LBS
                  E---- MERCURY 44-------------------------------------------------------------------------------490LBS
                  SE---- OMC 44-49ci, MERCURY MK75, 650, YAMAHA 50, TOHATSU M50D2
                  HYDROPLANE CLASSES
                  STOCK ENGINES
                  A- YAMATO 80, YAMATO 102,202,302 w/ 20SSH RESTRICTOR PLATE,SIDEWINDER 15H----------380LBS
                  B----MERCURY/MARINER 25XS----------------------------------------------------420LBS
                  C STOCK---- YAMATO 102,202,302-------------------------------------------------420LBS
                  D---- MERCURY 44,MERCURY 44XS, TOHATSU M50D2--------------------440LBS
                  NOVICE---- YAMATO 80
                  ANY MOTOR 15HP-15ci OR LESS, OMC 15 w/RESTRICTOR PLATE (see rule 12G)
                  YAMATO 102,202,302 w/RESTRICTOR PLATE(SEE RULE 12G)
                  APBA J CLASS RUNNING UNDER CURRENT APBA RULES(SEE RULE 12G)
                  SUPER STOCK ENGINES
                  A----MERCURY KG4, MK 15, 20H,HOT ROD A SIDEWINDER 15 H W/ ANY EXHAUST----------------340LBS
                  B----MERCURY 200, 25XS, OMC 22ci, YAMATO 80 MODIFIED---------385LBS
                  HOT ROD B, SIDEWINDER 20-----------------------------------------------365LBS
                  C MOD----MERCURY 30, MERCURY 24.1ci, YAMATO 202,302, MODIFIED 102
                  YAMAHA 24.1ci(running same rules as Yamato 202,302)
                  OMC 31.5ci(Built between the years 1976-1999)-------------435LBS
                  D----MERCURY 40ci, 55H----------------------------------------------------------440LBS
                  E----MERCURY 44------------------------------------------------------------------440LBS
                  SE----OMC 44-49ci MERCURY MK75, 650, YAMAHA 50, TOHATSU M50D2
                  MOD 25----YAMATO 202, 302, MOD 102. MERCURY 25 MOD. YAMAHA 24.1ci MOD---------------400LBS
                  Gene Schertz 26V
                  TEAM CAFFEINE
                  Cranked up and ready to Roll
                  Reeds for Speed!

Comment

Bring Your Fun Here

All the time and effort Vernon put into this, thanks. It is a thankless job and we all know this.

All the APBA guys, come and bring your rigs to this special race. In the first few posts you can see that they obtained $55,000... when is the last time you saw any category in the kneelers obtain that kind of sponsorship ? It has been a VERY long time. So here is the challenge. If you truly and honestly love boat racing, drop the gloves and attend this race. In my experience with this group, they could give an owls hoot what organization you belong to, they are about Mod & Stock boat racing. If Sam Hemp can attend one anyone can. It proves the barriers to entry have been broken down, now the ball is in the racers court. Is it a long drive ? Yup. Is your sport worth it ? You are looking at the next best thing since sliced bread for kneel down boat racing. So please, drop the gloves, and attend this race, lets show sponsors that put up this big money we are worth it. 100 entries would be a shame. That can be had at any race, lets make this one HUGE. If you are afraid your current APBA rig does not have a place in NBRA, think again. It has a place to race. The only one I can think of right now is the A Stock engines. And for last year we voted to allow them to race at the Nationals becasue a few said they might show up. I don't think any did, but that's fine. We can find a place for them, so if you want to come with an A Stock rig, contact a commissioner or some official within the NBRA and express your needs. Please remember, the rules are the rules, don't expect to change the entire thing. I simply can't think of another engine at the moment that is in APBA and the NBRA does not have a class established.
                    Dave Mason
                    Just A Boat Racer

Comment

I am not trying to rain on anyones parade, just supplying facts...

A couple of interesting finds...

RFA is just a lobbying organization. Follow the money. Looks like someone got paid to be a puppet for RFA.

RFA made this claim;
                      http://www.ethanolrfa.org/exchange/e...hanol-attacks/

Fact #5: Clean-burning American ethanol is good for the environment. In fact, a recent study published in Yale University’s Journal of Industrial Ecology found that greenhouse gas emissions from ethanol are “…equivalent to a 48% to 59% reduction compared to gasoline, a twofold to threefold greater reduction than reported in previous studies.”

Here's the actual article, look what they left out;
                      http://ncesr.unl.edu/docs/09-1_impro...ornethanol.pdf

Directeffect GHG emissions were estimated to be equivalent to a
                      48% to 59% reduction compared to gasoline, a twofold to
                      threefold greater reduction than reported in previous studies.
                      Ethanol-to-petroleum output/input ratios ranged from 10:1
                      to 13:1 but could be increased to 19:1 if farmers adopted
                      high-yield progressive crop and soil management practices

And now for the kicker; when you factor in evaporative emissions it all falls apart.

http://www.afdc.energy.gov/afdc/vehi...sions_e10.html

Combined Tailpipe and Evaporative Emissions
                      When both tailpipe and evaporative emissions are considered, Niven found that E10 showed increases in total hydrocarbon, non-methane organic species, and air toxic emissions, while substantially increasing the ozone forming potential relative to gasoline.

Comment

I dont ageee with the politics behind RFA but also dont care if they use me or NBRA for promoting their point of view.

There is an old saying:

"You cant buy me, but you can rent me for a while."

I am looking at the NBRA schedule and trying to plan a race to attend. What is the premier event on the schedule and why are there 2 short course championships?

Thank you,

Brad Walker
                        302SSH.....Putting the Stock back in Stock Outboard

Comment

Thanks for the class info. Doesn't look like a good fit for the Merc 15 (AX) classes anywhere and the 102 Hydro is a lighter weight so not good for me since I'm such a little guy...
                          444-B now 4-F

Comment

I know at the Winter Nationals one year. They combined the NBRA/AOF Novice class with the AXS Hydro. I'm sure we could probably do the same thing for any AXS's that showed up at an NBRA event.
                            John Mathews @ Mathews Racing L-390

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnmathews390
                            Instagram: http://instagram.com/johnmathews_390
                            Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/johnmathews_390
                            Email: JohnMathewsL390@aol.com
                            Cell#: 318-794-4515

Comment

I realy like the weights for the A super stock classes, are there any height restrictions?
                              Gene Schertz 26V
                              TEAM CAFFEINE
                              Cranked up and ready to Roll
                              Reeds for Speed!

Comment

Thanks for the class info. Doesn't look like a good fit for the Merc 15 (AX) classes anywhere and the 102 Hydro is a lighter weight so not good for me since I'm such a little guy...
                                Remember, there is no 3/4" height rule. Don't worry about weight, you may be faster than most of us anyway...

Comment

Working...
                                X