Lone Star Outboard Shootout of Somerville, Tx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lone Star Outboard Shootout of Somerville, Tx

It has come to my attention that concern has arisen regarding our race, and the likelihood of it happening.

Let me assure everyone the event is on schedule for May 7th and 8th and will be bigger and better than our first event in 2010. We have greater control over the lake this year so the delays caused by pleasure craft will be much less than our initial test run. I am still working with the promoter on a sponsorship amount of $2000.00 to be used as tow money to make our event an even better success. We will be holding the Shootout in conjunction with the Great Texas Sausage Festival on Lake Somerville www.burlesoncountytx.com/sausagefestival.htm and this promises to add tons of entertainment to our event with great food, and live bands all weekend.

I also want to thank a few people who are working hard to make this race a success. Gardner Miller, Dennis Crews, Mike Hauenstien, Jack Stotts, Dave Nichols, Dan Crummett, Will Hawkins, and the rest of LSORA.

I look forward to seeing everyone at the race in May.

Take care,

Dennis B

Thank you!

Dennis, thank you for spearheading this years event.

I also want to thank those down in Somerville, TX for supporting our sport and club and thanks to all of the LSORA members for helping to make this event a sucess.
    Gardner Miller
    Lone Star Outboard Racing Association

"Water is for racing. Asphalt is for the parking lot."
    Rember....Freedom isn't...."Free".......

Comment

I'm planning on coming down from planO, tx! Just a fan...

Comment

I am Planning on being there, so My better half will be there also just to keep me out of trouble, boy i hope i dont get any sausage stuck in my tooth LOL
        Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by thetrailergod View Post
          I am Planning on being there, so My better half will be there also just to keep me out of trouble, boy i hope i dont get any sausage stuck in my tooth LOL
          Jeff it might take more than Patsy to keep you out of trouble.

As far as the tooth goes we could always have someone cut your sausage into bite size pieces for ya!
          Gardner Miller

Comment

Originally posted by STOCKRUNABOUT 4 LIFE View Post
            I'm planning on coming down from planO, tx! Just a fan...
            Come on down and enjoy the boat racing!

Feel free to contact me if you are interested in joining our club or if you just want to help out for the weekend. We can always use more people who are interested in our sport. Send me a pm or email me. ghmsynthetics@yahoo.com

Like you I'm a MI transplant as well, I grew up in Coldwater. I now live in Haslet, TX just west of TMS.
            Gardner Miller

Comment

and i can allways take it out to pick the grissle out of it LOL, Gardner are ya about ready to run??
              Jeff

Comment

and i can allways take it out to pick the grissle out of it LOL, Gardner are ya about ready to run??
                That's funny!!!

No not yet, still trying to get everything together. I hope to run at 1 or 2 races this year we'll see. In the mean time if you're in the market for some great pit help let me know I might know of someone.
                Gardner Miller

Comment

O ya know i will never refuse good pit help, I even got ya a team shirt to wear
                  Jeff

Comment

O ya know i will never refuse good pit help, I even got ya a team shirt to wear
                    Cool, at least we'll look profesional!
                    Gardner Miller

Comment

Sausage Festival?

There is already too much sausage at boat races and you want to add more?????!!!!!!

Seriously, Dennis, scince the Lucas Oil deal fell through I need to make one of your races. Tell me how you feel about being my Plan B?

Way too many good people out there I have not met yet and many old friends I need to reconnect with. Gotta get out there.

BW
                      Walker Racing
                      302SSH.....Putting the Stock back in Stock Outboard

Comment

Sounds Like Fun

The Hauenstein Team is planning to be there - Mike has told us about last year and the good times. Looking forward to it.

Fred
                        Fred Hauenstein

Comment

Be great to see you

Originally posted by B Walker View Post
                          Sausage Festival?

There is already too much sausage at boat races and you want to add more?????!!!!!!

Seriously, Dennis, scince the Lucas Oil deal fell through I need to make one of your races. Tell me how you feel about being my Plan B?

Way too many good people out there I have not met yet and many old friends I need to reconnect with. Gotta get out there.

BW
                          Walker Racing
                          Well, if you are able to make one of our races, this would be the one to come to... since currently it is the only one we have scheduled, however there may be a Second location for us to look at.

Plan B is alright with me, I might even feed you once or twice.

Dennis

Comment

I'm pumped!! Hopefully gonna meet some purty texas ladies lmao. Jokes.
                            John Mathews @ Mathews Racing L-390

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnmathews390
                            Instagram: http://instagram.com/johnmathews_390
                            Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/johnmathews_390
                            Email: JohnMathewsL390@aol.com
                            Cell#: 318-794-4515

Comment

Dallas yes, Somerville, not so sure.

Originally posted by johnml390 View Post
                              I'm pumped!! Hopefully gonna meet some purty texas ladies lmao. Jokes.
                              Hmm, not so sure about Somerville Texas, but come to Dallas and spend a weekend.
                              More beautiful women in one place than I have ever seen in my life. I always heard the remarks about this, but passed it off as braggin' but I am a believer now.
                              I hit the Sushi bar on Fridays, which is at the entrance of North Park Mall in Dallas.
                              You will be amazed.

Course I am engaged to one of these lovely ladies now, and I am no longer allowed to look.... right lol

Comment

Working...
                              X