No announcement yet.

nbra record courses??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not true for 1 mile course. Is true for 3/4 course.
    bill b

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by bill boyes View Post
      Not true for 1 mile course. Is true for 3/4 course.
      Thanks!
      Sounds like 1 mile is open.......
      Anthony McCulloch
      modifiedoutboard@hotmail.com

Some things never change
      sigpic
      They want it cheap

Comment

APBA has a booklet. Go to the APBA web site the open Resources and move down to Miscellaneous and open Race Courses and Records. All the info is there. Once approved the course is approved for ten years I think.
        bill b

Comment

Course layout

I am planning on having the Straightaway course certified , if the money is available then the 3/4 mile race course . Unfortunately due to the area at hand , big wide turn courses don't always fit the area . Surveyors cost lots of prize money that the racers don't get . Most racers opt out of suyveying for a little gas money on the way home . I do .... Hoping to get at least a 1/4 mile certified and maybe later do a short and long course records run . As usual all about the money at hand .
          Speed cost Money --How fast ya wanna go ?

Comment

The course will be 3/4 of a mile, surveyed for the lake. Race coordinator says it will be made available on the web. Standardized?... This is an NBRA event, run with NBRA rules... the purpose of the event is to have fun and boat race on a surveyed course with decent timing equipment. So, what is presented will be the format of the day with no logical reason to consult or coordinate with other organization's formats, course designs or whatever.

As more information becomes available the race coordinator will make it available. I understand the fees will be quite economical by most standards.

We hope you'll be there, and we welcome you.

Dan Crummett
            NBRA President
            O-66

Comment

I have been involved with setting the record courses at Dayton over the last few years. The course has been modified slightly each year. Jack

Comment

Originally posted by dcrummett View Post

We hope you'll be there, and we welcome you.

Dan Crummett
                NBRA President
                O-66

Oh crap.... I don't welcome those guys. I hear they're fast, and they'll all come down here and go home with all the booty, and get their names in our record books....

I better go buy a new prop or two...

Comment

up this end of town we usually try and get the surveyers to donate there time or free entries or motel for weekend or??? if my new boat runs well and no other important races closer iam deff thinking of coming over to race with you guys in 850 and prob bring a fast dmod hydro as well,,,

Comment

Peg the Fun meter

Would totaly love to have ya come over and make some noise .! No doubt in my mind this will be one race to remember . Roughly two years in the making . Thinking about a fun run with Lemans Start right in front of the spectators and $100.00 to the winner . Mix it up a bit . Last race a 82 year old ex boat racer took a 82 mph ride in a Super E . She was exstatic . Big publicity stunt for the papers and the locals . If we can just get a hot dog shooter for this race we should be in good shape .

Comment

Originally posted by form-e one View Post
                      iam deff thinking of coming over to race with you guys in 850 and prob bring a fast dmod hydro as well,,,
                      Ahh man, see that Vernon? Chaney Street is planning on it...

If you keep adding money and stuff, next thing you know, it will be the Kyle's and Sponsonhead and Guedo desending on us like a hungry pack of looting Vikings...

You better warn those farmers in Kansas to lock up their daughters.
                      Last edited by mdaspit; 01-04-2011, 07:45 AM. Reason: Spelled Guedo's name wrong...whatever

Comment

Viking Pillage

Thats funny stuff right there. A least we know they are coming - we can get ready for them .

Comment

oooo hehehe,,, nothing to worry about i dont have any short corse props,,,,,hehehe,,, just want to race with some different and fun people,,

Comment

NBRA = Fun

Vernon has worked hard for this race. I can attest to one thing, once he makes his mind up, he will get it done. I think he invented the words party and fun.

Come play with the NBRA. The rules are not so different from APBA, we can accomodate just about any APBA class in Mod & Stock. Trust me, it is very competitive. The rules are fair, the atmosphere is laid back. Come and enjoy it as it is.
                            Dave Mason
                            Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Chaney, I'll be heading down this year from Seattle aswell. Last time we headed to pineville La and had a blast! Now that a record coarse will be put in makes the trip that much better!

Tylor Echols

Comment

tylor,,, cool you can drive my rig there and i can fly!!!!,,,,,mdaspit ,,if ya check your guys record book in super-e,,, my motor still holds the record in nbra with erik korpe driveing it since i had to get back to work at that time...just coming for fun and to drink some beer with you-all...

Comment

Working...
                                X