The Nationals Resilts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NBRA Long Course

We made it home about 6:30 PM with only one blowout on the rear of the motor home. A bit sporty when it let go but saved it with out doing any major damage excet for four new rear tire acquired in a small town in Mississippi. Great folk helped us and we were back on the road in 2 hours. Sorry to hear about the issues the other folks had going home and hope everyone is now home safely. A really big thanks to Alan Owen for his hard work and a special thanks to the city of Centralia. I can't wait for net year.

Running in class "D" we had a great turnout and my son did a good Job in winning the first heat of D in his first time out with the engine. If we did not loose the fastener holding the fuel filter on the upper carb we might have finished better in the second heat.

For anyone wondering about NBRA racing we would highly recomend that you look at the club as a great place to race with great people! The club offer great race sites, tow money and much more.

Alan SR and JR

Comment

As with most all boat racers - we are a group that truely has a passion for the sport and more importantly the friendships usually carries over into our our personal lifes as well . If you come race with us - you're Family . I can't thank everyone enough that helped me clean out my c- mod after i tried to submarine it .Never done that before . Patty has it on video and i'll post later . It ran great in the next heat . Maybe that helped it . Thanks again . Lot of engine problems at the Nationals this year .. Overcoming those gremlins is the stuff Champions are Really made of . Congrats to all the new Champions !!!!!!
      Speed cost Money --How fast ya wanna go ?

Comment

DH Video at Centerville

Did anyone video the D hyro race at the NBRA nationals? If so could they post it on YouTube.

Thanks,
        Alan

Comment

Originally posted by BURNINVERNON View Post
          As with most all boat racers - we are a group that truely has a passion for the sport and more importantly the friendships usually carries over into our our personal lifes as well . If you come race with us - you're Family . I can't thank everyone enough that helped me clean out my c- mod after i tried to submarine it .Never done that before . Patty has it on video and i'll post later . It ran great in the next heat . Maybe that helped it . Thanks again . Lot of engine problems at the Nationals this year .. Overcoming those gremlins is the stuff Champions are Really made of . Congrats to all the new Champions !!!!!!
          Vernon, I think that for you to take the time to write this post to thank everyone for helping you out at the race, after experiencing what sounds to be a very serious highway accident, and to not mention a word of your own hardship....Thats the stuff of champions my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by mdaspit View Post
            Vernon, I think that for you to take the time to write this post to thank everyone for helping you out at the race, after experiencing what sounds to be a very serious highway accident, and to not mention a word of your own hardship....Thats the stuff of champions my friend.
            To Mark....very well said.

To Vernon...I was shocked when I read about your misfortune. To hear the description of your trailer having to be set right-side-up tells me that most, if not all, the equipment inside was severely damaged as well. You mentioned the passion we all have for what we do. You're absolutely right and to see all the years of work and passion that you put into all of that equipment be so adversely affected in a moment must be very difficult for you. It is difficult for me and it is not even my equipment. My heart goes out to you.

Know that you have many friends in the boat racing community that admire and respect you.
            "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress". -- John Adams

Comment

only one thing to say DIRT I mean BURT HOEFS IS THE MAN !!!!!! the fastest se run & hydro there and very impressive driving to boot. Its was said that after the race burt was ticked off because nobody got close enough for him to cut off.. Got to meet and talk to jerry davids, nice guy fit in real well with the nbra crowd not sure if that is a good thing for his reputation...

Comment

Holy Crap

I am sorry to hear about the bad things that happend after the race, prayers out to Lakes, i know it has been a long time , hang in there. Jeff is a trooper. Vernon, patti, thank GOD you guys are okay. That new trailer of yours was a kick arse trailer, but you guys are even more kick arse. Glad it was your equipment being trashed and not you. It wouldn't be a race without you two present. I still like to "bust the covey" now and again, and I need my supporters !!
                Kelly Kidwell, heal up man !!!

Congrats to all the competiors, i know Burt must be eating Maccaroons and drinking Makers Mark as I type this.

Also, glad some others posted up the full results, it is always hard to remember the results when driving home Sunday night, right Ralph !!! hehehehehe
                Dave Mason
                Just A Boat Racer

Comment

All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!! What a great show. I was very unsure how the weekend was going to go but I will have to say I had a great time. The 16 plus hour ride was well worth it. Racing is an interesting sport and you don't get to the finish line by yourself. Two weeks before I left to go to IL. I blew up my Dist. cap and rotor. Called Eric Vanover and had them in three days. And if it wasn't for all the help I got from the NBRA crowd I would have never got off the beach. I went to this race to race Champions and walked away with much more. The people I got to know and party with I can now call my family. Vernon, my shop is always open for you. I'm so glad to hear you and Patty are alright. A very special thanks go to the Mac family. There generosity and kindness can't be beat. Thank you all for a great time, great racing and most importantly, great fun. Looking forword to next year.
                  Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by Team B&H View Post
                    It was Palmquist all the way in DMH
                    Here's the proof that a Merc can still win against a Tohatsu with a level playing field. (Same propshaft height)
                    So maybe we can now eliminate the Tohatsu penalty in APBA DSH?
                    (I'm not holding my breath)

Comment

Thanks Jerry for takeing the chance to try racing here in the Midwest, you help us too, driving to a great win. Braxton had bad luck when He hit ty Hebert(Ty's motor blew a rod and the boat stop abruptly). He finish the heat by passing Andy Seay, eventhough the sponson was blown out. Allot of duck tape failed in the second turn and the sponson loaded with water and he turned over. He finnished third behind the new champion Matt Johnson and Andy Seay. At thirteen, he has another chance .....Doc

Comment

Vernon,
                        So glad to hear that everybody is ok. Boats, motors and trailers can all be replaced. People can't...
                        Be well,
                        Brent Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by doc 35-0 View Post
                          At thirteen, he has another chance .....Doc
                          Doc- At thirteen, and as well as he drives...
                          My intuition tells me he wont need many more shots at it.

Comment

Sweet !!!

Originally posted by Jerry Davids View Post
                            All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!! What a great show. I was very unsure how the weekend was going to go but I will have to say I had a great time. The 16 plus hour ride was well worth it. Racing is an interesting sport and you don't get to the finish line by yourself. Two weeks before I left to go to IL. I blew up my Dist. cap and rotor. Called Eric Vanover and had them in three days. And if it wasn't for all the help I got from the NBRA crowd I would have never got off the beach. I went to this race to race Champions and walked away with much more. The people I got to know and party with I can now call my family. Vernon, my shop is always open for you. I'm so glad to hear you and Patty are alright. A very special thanks go to the Mac family. There generosity and kindness can't be beat. Thank you all for a great time, great racing and most importantly, great fun. Looking forword to next year.
                            Jerry
                            Jerry,

I had no doubts you would fit right in. Something about good old boys who just want to race without all the BS that is attractive.

Your cowboy hat and boots I bet were looked at... As Bad Burt likes those hats.... hehehehehe. Not to mention Heberts, and a few other good people from the south.

Congrats on your win. Hopefully you can make a race or two with them. As you experienced, it is the same racing you get anywhere else, just a little different format.
                            Dave Mason
                            Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
                            X