Mansfield Ar race MAY 8/9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PROPDOC View Post
    That's too bad. Besides that I wouldn't have missed the chance to pit for you and show Mr. Ruth how it's really done.

Just kidding Jeff.
    Wow, Gardner....

Didn't they tell you that you had to give up your Yankee Card when you crossed that Red River and entered into Texas?

Comment

Nice !!

Well Jeff needs all the help he can get...

Mine will be easy this year, just one class ! Maybe I will think about putting the ele starter back on... hmm, nahhh.

Y'all have fun down there, and remeber Gardner, your Yankee card is still valid ! Present it and wear it proud !
      Dave Mason
      Just A Boat Racer

Comment

How many Super E's are going to be there? Any ideas, anyone? Bryan

Comment

Dang Yankee's !! Remember these days Gardner?
          "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress". -- John Adams

Comment

Tharp, Hoefs,Ruth,Baze,Shultz,Mathews,and I think,Hebert,Maybe more but 6 for sure, also Barfield and Anderson thats 8 that I know for sure,
            Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by mdaspit View Post
              Wow, Gardner....

Didn't they tell you that you had to give up your Yankee Card when you crossed that Red River and entered into Texas?
              Mark,
              I only live in Texas I'm FROM Michigan!

That yankee card is worn like a badge of honor!!!
              Gardner Miller
              Lone Star Outboard Racing Association

"Water is for racing. Asphalt is for the parking lot."
              Rember....Freedom isn't...."Free".......

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis Crews View Post
                Yes! I remember those days fondly and come to miss them around Dec-Jan.
                Gardner Miller

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M View Post
                  Well Jeff needs all the help he can get...

Mine will be easy this year, just one class ! Maybe I will think about putting the ele starter back on... hmm, nahhh.

Y'all have fun down there, and remeber Gardner, your Yankee card is still valid ! Present it and wear it proud !
                  Hey Dave I never leave home without it!
                  Gardner Miller

Comment

Originally posted by PROPDOC View Post
                    That yankee card is worn like a badge of honor!!!
                    Well ok.... Just be carefull Gardner, some old boys in the South don't see a whole lot of difference between a Yankee Card and a target.

Don't go Hog hunting with anyone named Bubba.

Comment

some old boys in the South don't see a whole lot of difference between a Yankee Card and a target.
                      Waaaaaay too funny Mark!
                      "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress". -- John Adams

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis Crews View Post
                        Those guys down south there are serious about that Yankee Card. I remember the first races we went to in Texas. I was scared to death. We got called Yankees in all kinds of tones, even whispers and lots of pointing. I was afraid of that target on our Yankee Card being used. Finally, I figured we can stay or go. So, since we were called Yankees so many times, we just made a joke of it, put Yankee Racing on the trailer and came back. Finally we were told that we were ok. We were just "Yankees" and they would put up with us. It is the Dam n Yankees they don't like, they are the ones who come down and STAY! PS. Just so you know, Jeff is from INDIANA! So now you can call him one of those Dam n Yankees! lol
                        Connie
                        former Yankee Racing Team (Now Pro-Payn Racing

Comment

Yankee Card

I was just a teasing about the Yankee Cards... Believe me, TX does indeed have a different view of the yankee than the rest of the south, I agree with Connie !

You can't disguise the fact you are a yank, you will talk funny, and walk funny compared to a true Reb.

I will go hog hunting with any Reb ! At least if we are hunting I can shoot back !!! LOL !!!
                          Dave Mason
                          Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Well ok.... Just be carefull Gardner, some old boys in the South don't see a whole lot of difference between a Yankee Card and a target.

Don't go Hog hunting with anyone named Bubba.
                            That is too funny!!!
                            Gardner Miller

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M View Post
                              I was just a teasing about the Yankee Cards... Believe me, TX does indeed have a different view of the yankee than the rest of the south, I agree with Connie !

You can't disguise the fact you are a yank, you will talk funny, and walk funny compared to a true Reb.

I will go hog hunting with any Reb ! At least if we are hunting I can shoot back !!! LOL !!!
                              Dave it's not us that talks funny it's everyone else down here around me!!!
                              Gardner Miller

Comment

when I first moved down here to the south, it took me 3 weeks to figure out that my neighbors kids names were not yongons and youons
                                Jeff

Comment

Working...
                                X