NBRA Series Race at Boomer Lake, Stillwater,Ok. Aug. 22-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave,

You can probably expect a call from Gardner any day now inquiring about that hydro of his that you have up there. I was around him all weekend and I can tell you he is chomping at the bit to get enough stuff together to go racing next year. He has feelers out looking for pieces already.

He commented to me the he was taken back a bit by the kindness and generosity of everyone at the race. He walked up to Ken Parks and started talking engine building and he said Ken treated him as though they had known each other for years. He then witnessed the folks from other teams hustling around to help their competitors when they needed it. Vernon Barfield, Jimmy Homfeld, Charlie Holman, ( and maybe others that I did not see ) took the time to acknowledge and congratulate my son Ryan after his first ever race. Folks don't have to do those things but it sure is appreciated when they do.

As I said in the original post for this thread...great weather, great site, and as Gardner can now attest...great people.
    "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress". -- John Adams

Comment

You know it!

Originally posted by Dave M View Post
      Lets see, that makes a contigent of racers from TX. Welcome aboard. I am betting Gardner (propdoc) will find some sort of ride for next year.

Thanks to the boys for getting these folks in some boats. I know it meant a lot to them. The generosity of boat racers never ceases to amaze me.

So Dennis, and Gardner, get some pipes !!!
      Dave, you know I'll be trying real hard to put something together by next spring. My task just harder after this weekend now that Graeme has gotten his first ride in a hydro. NOW he wants a boat!!
      Gardner Miller
      Lone Star Outboard Racing Association

"Water is for racing. Asphalt is for the parking lot."
      Rember....Freedom isn't...."Free".......

Comment

Great bunch of guys n gals

Originally posted by Dennis Crews View Post
        He commented to me the he was taken back a bit by the kindness and generosity of everyone at the race. He walked up to Ken Parks and started talking engine building and he said Ken treated him as though they had known each other for years. He then witnessed the folks from other teams hustling around to help their competitors when they needed it. Vernon Barfield, Jimmy Homfeld, Charlie Holman, ( and maybe others that I did not see ) took the time to acknowledge and congratulate my son Ryan after his first ever race. Folks don't have to do those things but it sure is appreciated when they do.

As I said in the original post for this thread...great weather, great site, and as Gardner can now attest...great people.
        Dennis is right my son and I were made to feel right at home this past weekend. The "family" atmosphere was very prominent and that is what makes this sport not only fun but also enjoyable to be a part of. I've been to several races back in the midwest when I lived in Michigan and now this race here in Oklahoma and the "family" seems to evident everywhere.
        Gardner Miller

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M View Post
          So Dennis, and Gardner, get some pipes !!!
          Dave, is there any other way to go?

If it's too loud you're too old!
          Gardner Miller

Comment

Maybe

if there is another way to go I have not found it yet..

When you give me a shout we can talk over a few things. Be ready to tell me what class Graeme wants to race in, and what you are going to let him race in.

We will talk about your Yale then too.
            Dave Mason
            Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
            X