LASER CUT LAMINATE REEDS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LASER CUT LAMINATE REEDS

Laser Cut Laminate Reeds, $35.00 per set (8) 16 reeds, Free shipping!
    John 1-616-808-7819
    Sobel Brohers Racing 55M Click image for larger version

Name:	reed.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	331.7 KB
ID:	448549
    Last edited by john527; 04-11-2017, 10:39 AM.

Originally posted by john527 View Post
    Laser Cut Laminate Reeds, $35.00 per set (8) 16 reeds, Free shipping! also I will have sets on hand at Dayton record runs if interested.
    John 1-616-808-7819
    Sobel Brohers Racing 55M
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]n448549[/ATTACH]
    How thick are the reeds?
    "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
    No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

.022" thick

Comment

John,
        Can you post some background on these reeds as well as how many engines are running them? Engine running differences with the reeds, failures or success with them, and how long they have been or are recommended to be installed...
        Thanks!
        Tom

Comment

Please comment on any stress issues at the sharp 90 degree corner. Merc OEM config of the left and right reeds are separate and flutter of one has no affect at that corner from the flutter of the other. I realize the reed stop clamps them and it might not be an issue in the replacement life cycle, just asking your experience with it.
          "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
          No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Originally posted by ZUL8TR View Post
            Please comment on any stress issues at the sharp 90 degree corner. Merc OEM config of the left and right reeds are separate and flutter of one has no affect at that corner from the flutter of the other. I realize the reed stop clamps them and it might not be an issue in the replacement life cycle, just asking your experience with it.
            If you can find a better reed than these for the price you better buy it. I make reeds out of the same material and have had as good a result as any Boysen reeds. Heck I even bought his reed, I can't start to make them as cheap. I think you are over-thinking flutter and stress, even if it did break in the sharp corner (which I don't think it would ever do) the reed stop would hold it together.
            Larry Mac

Comment

• ZUL8TR
              ZUL8TR commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you for the comment

Thanks Larry! well said

Comment

Originally posted by 25xs View Post
              John,
              Can you post some background on these reeds as well as how many engines are running them? Engine running differences with the reeds, failures or success with them, and how long they have been or are recommended to be installed...
              Thanks!
              Tom
              We have been running the hell out of them... have not had one fail yet!
              Last edited by john527; 09-03-2016, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Awesome!! got our reeds in the mail, I like the way they fit the cage without slop...Thanks!

Comment

I bought these reeds more than once just to protect my future engine-building projects from disaster. While I don't yet have any good news to report, I'm rather sure I'll never report having cold, hard steel ever running thru one of my 50-60 year-old resto engines . . . ever, long after I'm dead!

Comment

Bought 2sets, put the first set in a rebuild. Ran motor couple years, then just freshened the rings. I left the first set in the engine. They showed no signs of wear. I don't think you can buy a better set of reeds anywhere. Thanks John
                    David Everhart S52
                    Avatar credit - F. Pierce Williams

Comment

"bump"

Comment

Working...
                      X