wrap around chamber(s)??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wrap around chamber(s)??

Look'n for a chamber to werk with on a 20H For A-MOD.......25SS for 25MOD.

If anyone has a set that werks for a 40-44 I would be interest'd............

Thanks......100N

One below is from George Stillwell/Febby/Dewald record holder.....
    Attached Files
    Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 01-21-2013, 04:05 PM.
    100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

I have 2 sets one set is for a 40 cu an one set is for a 44 cu 200.00 a set an they are yours.
    Lonnie Morris

Comment

Originally posted by Morris85C View Post
      I have 2 sets one set is for a 40 cu an one set is for a 44 cu 200.00 a set an they are yours.
      Any report on the Merc 500 I sent you? Bob N-96

Comment

Steve, Goller has some older things he probably would just get ride of.. give him a call.
        sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Better check Steve, I heard 20H with chambers is not legal in A mod.?
          Earl 11 J........ Dangerous when Wet Runne Craft- Earl said, " Driving a Runne Craft is like Cheating". Dude, ........ Where's My Boat!

Comment

Originally posted by Hydroglobe17J View Post
            Better check Steve, I heard 20H with chambers is not legal in A mod.?
            ............."It is permissible to use the 20 cubic inch Mercury engine with 1987 Stock Outboard specifications. Exceptions allowed: fiberglass reeds and latest K dimensions (all of which are in the current Technical Manual), with expansion chamber exhaust or 20H conversion exhaust with a Quicksilver lower unit."...........

Hey Earl!!.....Just tinkr'n with that old Green("Lightning") tank'd 20H powerhead that I ran at Charlie's "Fun-Run" last Fall..........Screams with the converging Quincy stack but have tried to add several mid and rear chamber sections to it and just kills it...........I looked at the pipe in pics that George S. had on that old Defebo 25SS motor, and Archies wrap-around chamber on his 25SS, and several 44's at Wilson last Summer and most seem to have a longer lead-in to the first cone.

The "LeBlanc(?) chamber on the Hot-Rod A-MOD I bought from Chuck Zolkoske is small and looks like a normal megaphone length into the first cone......Must be the rotary valve "crossflow" Hot-Rod is more receptive to a chamber.....Have thought it would be fun to try this pipe on a 15 Sidewinder but without the rotary valve, it might act like the Merc.......???......Wish we had more small cube "loope-charged" motors...........
            Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 01-21-2013, 08:04 AM.
            100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

Comment

Originally posted by DiGia54D View Post
              Steve, Goller has some older things he probably would just get ride of.. give him a call.
              I talk'd to Bob about those pipes several years ago at Lock Haven and he thought they were in pretty bad shape..........but, might be able to copy them......Did anyone wind up with the powerhead?....He was wait'n for someone that was serious about werk'n with/race'n it?

Comment

Hi Bob no i have not started it yet.I have to finish Fred H motor first.It should be done some time this week.Then ill start yours. Fill free to call me any time on the motor.I perfer to stay off of this site.Lonnie
                Lonnie Morris

Comment

Lonnie, are either set "Wrap-around" style?......any pics?

Might stick with Howard and one of the chambers he bought from Bob Rusnack (see his post), cause of ship'n cost...(But, then again yer price is fair!!)....Really would like the wrap around powerhead style but straight style would be easier to werk with/tune?.....(and drive on a small rig)......just need to find one that werks....could build wrap around from there..........
                  Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 01-25-2013, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Both sets are rape around. Lonnie
                    Lonnie Morris

Comment

John Broge used to use a wrap-around chamber in 25 MOD, with a Mercury.
                      Give him a shout.

Comment

Both sets are rape around. Lonnie
                        "....rape around...".....Wow!!........message phone number?

Comment

Both sets have manifolds an filler block. an the filler blocks are water cooled.This is all good stuff. I have no way of putting pictures up maybe i can forward them by cell phone?
                          Lonnie Morris

Comment

Working...
                          X