Sidewinder boat ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sidewinder boat ?

With the 20 cu in motor soon to be available I haven't heard any discussions on what size and configuration of boat it will be run on. I am mainly curious about the runabout.

Is it to be a roll up only? Is it to be 10ft, 10.5ft, 11 ft? What is it supposed to weigh?

Is the hydro going to be about the same as a 20ssh? weight? etc.

Tim
    Tim Weber

Well Tim in my opinion. I think is should be on a 10ft 2 in and should be a roll up only.

Comment

I'm in agreement with big bri on that one!
      sigpic

Comment

Make it a one design class.

Comment

20ci Sidewinder boats

The class rules for any of the new Sidewinder engines are a work in progress.

The SO Steering Committee will present its rule proposals to the SORC. Whether or not the SORC can adopt those rule proposals or they go to a vote of the drivers...I am not sure.

I have been assigned the the 20ci Sidewinder class rules. That's hydro and runabout.

Stay tuned.

Dana

Comment

Originally posted by DougMc View Post
            Make it a one design class.
            One design class ... interesting proposition. Would this mean you could use any builder but boat metrics must fit within certain dimensional parameters that are easily checked?
            Untethered from reality!

Comment

starting to get more int.!!!

I think this is really getting int. keeo it coming guys.
              Richard.
              Originally posted by Dr. Thunder View Post
              One design class ... interesting proposition. Would this mean you could use any builder but boat metrics must fit within certain dimensional parameters that are easily checked?
              RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

Many, many years ago I ran a 20" alcohol burning Hot Rod on a 10'-6" DeSilva. I would think this new Sidewinder would have about that same amount of horsepower.

Comment

A one design does sound interesting but I'am not in favor of it as who's design is best? However, i'am in favor of some measurements that the hull must meet. Such as min length, width and depth at midships at the shear line so the boat has some sides to it. The 10' 6" DeSilva would be a great boat. Bill and Ralph built many of them. A wider planning surface would be good. Have the fin mounted on the Planning surface(bottom). So in effect it would not chine turn very well.
                  bill b

Comment

Originally posted by bill boyes View Post
                    A one design does sound interesting but I'am not in favor of it as who's design is best? However, i'am in favor of some measurements that the hull must meet. Such as min length, width and depth at midships at the shear line so the boat has some sides to it. The 10' 6" DeSilva would be a great boat. Bill and Ralph built many of them. A wider planning surface would be good. Have the fin mounted on the Planning surface(bottom). So in effect it would not chine turn very well.
                    Thanks Bill, that is what I was trying to say ... don't care about who designs the boat or what design is deemed best as long as the minimums/maximums are met for the class and to emphasize/encourage engine preparation and set-up, propellers, and driving skills ... suspect that eventually all of the boats would end up looking pretty much the same anyway ... something about success breeding success.
                    Untethered from reality!

Comment

Matt and Brian...

Seeing that you both posted in the one o' clock hour, my opinion is that you should both get back to work, so you can buy your sons roll up runabouts to run second to my sons side fin...enjoy your winter gentleman... GL
                      Future J dad!

Comment

Yes. Same design built by the builder of your choice or yourself if you are a woodworker.

Comment

Fun Factor

If you have ever watched a B Stock Runabout race, the drivers are definetly having FUN! With their "roll-up" boats.
                          This year I sold my side fin CSR & have only raced a roll up boat because of the "fun factor" Some courses I have an advantage with it, others I am at a disadvantage.
                          Who ever makes the decision on what type of runabout for the 20 cu. in. Sidewinder, just remember the Fun Factor

Darrell

Comment

Fun Factor

I would love it to be roll-up only. But realistically we need runabout drivers. I think the A Class and the C to some degree are proof that we can combine both approaches competitively.

I am in favor of a bigger boat 10' 2" to 10' 6" an A boat would be asking for trouble.

either way I'm in....

Comment

Im no runabout driver and all the runabout I want to do is around the shop but the size would be about what they run with the 25XS Merc I would asume.
                              Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Working...
                              X