X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure

Originally posted by DeanFHobart View Post
    Teri Ziemer,

This was of course before the "Special" kilo boats. I think that rule changed in the mid to late 60's.

Maybe we could have "two" sets of Kilo Records. One for "any" boat, and one for "competition" boats. You guys in Region 11 have your Region 11 Records. I think this would create more interest. Now, Kilo Set-ups are very specialized.

We could call them, "APBA Competition Boat Kilo Records" or something like that.

Teri..... How's that 125 Hydro working? Say to Joey for me.

Thanks, Dean Hobart

I think that would generate more interest in Kilos than anything. Not many people want to build a special boat and gearbox for Kilos. Especially in today's economy. Keep the speciality boats such as Wart's Hydro without sponsons in a special class for flat out speed, and then a competition rig kilo run. Speeds should vary as much as 20MPH from those specialty boats to regular oval race boats. I also don't feel entry fees of a hundred or more dollars would attract to many people. I understand why you have to charge that, I just don't think it is something the majority want to pay, especially if they have to spend thousands on a special rig to have a chance.
    Dave Mason
    Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Good Idea Dean

Originally posted by DeanFHobart View Post
      Teri Ziemer,

Very well said. APBA should "sponsor" a kilos and "reduce" the fees.

Back in the "old days" the driver would have to get a "third place" or better with the boat in a sanctioned APBA closed course event, to use that boat to set a "kilo" record.

This was of course before the "Special" kilo boats. I think that rule changed in the mid to late 60's.

Maybe we could have "two" sets of Kilo Records. One for "any" boat, and one for "competition" boats. You guys in Region 11 have your Region 11 Records. I think this would create more interest. Now, Kilo Set-ups are very specialized.

We could call them, "APBA Competition Boat Kilo Records" or something like that.

Teri..... How's that 125 Hydro working? Say to Joey for me.

Thanks, Dean Hobart
      You could also give points for this race for the "APBA Competition Boat Kilo Records" Classes or somehow work it in to the Hall of Champoins thing, if they still do that. (You can tell I have been out a while, in fact I've been out almost as long as I was in!)

I would enter he Specialized class, I still have a few more miles and hour in by back pocket.

Comment

Working...
      X