Pete Voss recovering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best wishes

Sending you best wishes from florida, hope that your recovery is as fast as your c runabout,oh yea i forgot nothings that fast... get well bud..be patient with your self if you push your self to hard it will only take longer to heal... take this time to rest a LiL.. Ken Godwin

Comment

Heal fast, Pete . . .

Hopefully the only long term annoyance from your injuries will be the need to explain that you have a plate in your hip to the scowling Homeland Security andriods who jumped all over you after you pinged the metal detector at the airport.
      carpetbagger

Comment

Get well Pete

Get well soon you old fart. Racing wouldn't be the same without you.
        Bill

Comment

Phone number at the hospital is 815-664-5311 St Margarets Spring Valley IL

Comment

speedy recovery

Hey Pete, hope you have a fast healing, from one ole boat racer to another .... good to see you at the Antique race boat regatta in Clayton every other year .... take care ...
            Wayne [dagiz] Izzo ...

Comment

Just Spoke with Pete...

....he is sore , but on the mend. He heads back to Long Island tomorrow. He is very appreciate of the care and treatment that he is being given at St. Margarets. Hopefully, he will be able to visit with us in Raleigh, the first weekend of October.
              David Weaver

Comment

Pete Voss

Originally posted by David Weaver View Post
                ....he is sore , but on the mend. He heads back to Long Island tomorrow. He is very appreciate of the care and treatment that he is being given at St. Margarets. Hopefully, he will be able to visit with us in Raleigh, the first weekend of October.
                We are trying to get out there, but bad storms in PA and upstate NY are currently keeping me on Long Island! On the plane, but ...

Ok, finally made it here and the first thing Pete wants is a pizza from Peru Pizza. Guess he's feeling better!
                Last edited by dlmurray; 08-03-2007, 08:56 PM.

Comment

It's kind of ironic that the 3 racers involved in the 500 Runabout crash were all at Peru Pizza at the same time with different parties. Glad to hear that Pete is going home. Brad had an x-ray yesterday on his neck. He still has some swelling and a little pain. He's done for this season, way to much damage to the boat for Mike to get it fixed this year.- Billie Sue

Thanks again to everyone that helped get Brad's boat and motor dried out, and for all of the concern shown to him. Hopefully he can work on staying in the boat next year.
                  Last edited by Billie Burklund; 08-04-2007, 09:07 PM.

Comment

500 Runabout

Originally posted by Billie Burklund View Post
                    It's kind of ironic that the 3 racers involved in the 500 Runabout crash were all at Peru Pizza at the same time with different parties. Glad to hear that Pete is going home. Brad had an x-ray yesterday on his neck. He still has some swelling and a little pain. He's done for this season, way to much damage to the boat for Mike to get it fixed this year.- Billie Sue

Thanks again to everyone that helped get Brad's boat and motor dried out, and for all of the concern shown to him. Hopefully he can work on staying in the boat next year.
                    Never gave it a thought that we were all together at Peru Pizza that night! I spoke with Pete on the phone on Friday and he should be home by now. I will visit with him sometime this week. Don has a pulled mussle in his shoulder but the boat got it worse than Don did. We will repair it over the winter and put a nice paint job on it. Don wants to run at Dayton as we have another runabout to use and he really wants to run the new Koney powerhead. Glad Brad was OK after the wreck. I am still pulling pieces of Brad's boat out of Don's. I actually found Brad's complete wireing harness there also. This wreck was scary as I review the photo's but so glad Brad, Pete, and Don will be OK and back racing again in the future. ...Bob Rusnak N-96

Comment

Pete Voss - back on Long Island

Pete arrived home last night - long day and the car and plane ride were a bit rough in some spots. He still has neck pain and his left leg doesn't bend fully. But he, according to the hospital staff, is doing extremely well. He is mobile on crutches and/or a walker. He needs to start physical therapy to get everything working properly.

He really appreciated all the phone calls and visits (and so did I). Feel free to call him on his cell phone - 631-645-2543.

His address is:

243 Main Road
                      Riverhead, NY 11901

Thanks again to everyone for all their thoughts and well wishes!

Comment

I'm glad to hear Don is doing well, and that Pete has made it home safely! Tell Don if he needs pit help in Dayton Brad will be available to lend a hand. Glad to hear his shoulder will be heald by then. Brennen will be the only one racing the rest of this year. Jerry Kirts Daughter video taped the entire accident, we are sooo lucky it wasn't much worse. Good to know that with time everyone will heal.

Comment

Billie, glad to hear that Brad is ok, but sorry about the boat. All were pretty lucky!

Comment

Speedy Recovery Message

Hi Pete & Diane,

We did not go to Depue this year, but we were very concerned when we heard that Pete and others were injured during the 500 Runabout race. It is great to hear that Pete is back home in NY and recovering better than the doctors expected. You are in our prayers for a complete recovery from the injuries, Pete. Keep your spirits up, and take the recovery therapy one day at a time since bones take more time to heal than building your new boat.

Best Regards Always,
                            Al & Bonnie Peffley

Comment

Working...
                            X