Question for da Michigan Racers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Bruce is on to something,

There needs to be or I should say HAS to be A bragging rights competition between the cheesheads and the best drivers in the country from over here in Michigan. Say pick one race from each region, due something with points etc and the looser has to host a party the next year etc etc etc. That could get something going.

Jay
    Maybe I'll be back to help out.

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by 473M View Post
      473M
      Thanks this is something we will surely consider.
      Thanks for your input ! KIP

Comment

Good Deal

Originally posted by 32dubya View Post
        Out of the sport but still linger. Thanks for the kind words. Kip was very instrumental in helping put this race site together.
        Bruce
        Thanks Bruce, Hopefully we WILL work together - We're getting some great suggestions here -Kip 69W

BTW: Live Band after the Pleasant Prairrie Races on Saturday Nite !
        Last edited by Kip69w; 05-30-2007, 07:19 AM.

Comment

As the Commodore of Three Rivers the past 5 years I can say the communication between our clubs has been outstanding. One thing that's made it easier is the fact that we run fewer races these days. By evidence of the turnout at Franklin, I'm glad that's the case. I hope I'm wrong but we could see small turnouts at most races this summer. I know my family would love to race every weekend as we did in the '80's & early '90's but it's just too hard financially these days. Heck, we'd love to race at all Michigan races, Depue, Wisc, etc.

Keep up the positive communication regarding race participation and I'm sure you'll find a good solution. Here's to continued communication amongst our clubs. We need each other now more than ever.

Jerry Brewster
          www.trora.com

Comment

Thanks to Everyone `

Great Responses ! Thanks for all the great writing from everyone. Keep 'emm coming! Many of you I dont even know, but hope to meet someday.

Kip 69W

Comment

As I recall. we went to one of your races last summer...and it was in our state! BOSA did a great job at Wakefield. We live close to the Mackinaw bridge and it's was still over a 6 hour hour drive. We also went to Rochelle last year and spent over 2 hours to go 8 miles because of toll booth construction on Sunday. Any race you have is at least 7 hours away. Come to the Marathon Nationals this year and at least you will get your money's worth running 87 miles in two short days.(less than 2 hours a day if you're real slow) There are no rainouts or blowouts either! Think of how many races you have to go to and the cost of gas food ect. to put on 87 miles of pure balls to the walls racing, not to mention a little two way traffic and the possibility of a 3' chop to keep you awake. But wait there's more!... Like cash payouts to the top 4or5 places depending on class size. Entry fees waived to first time participents. There is also great camping with a large shallow sandy beach at Burt Lake State Park 1 mile from the pits.
              We would love to have more "W" boats at this years race! You can give me a call for more info.
              Steve smith (231) 838-3450

Comment

Working...
              X