SO Agenda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ryan_4z View Post
    It's always nice to hear Ed admit when he's wrong isn't it!! It's to bad he doesn't do it more often!! Just kidding Ed. If you always admited you were wrong I wouldn't have anyone to argue with.

Ryan: I always admit it when I'm wrong. It's just that I'm not wrong as often as you believe. You're mistaken, in those cases.
    14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

Points for NAC's

Mike Ross, Ed Hearn, et al:
      Several weeks ago there was a "call for agenda items" here on hydroracer.net. I requested that the commission discuss and consider making Stock North American Championships count as double points like a Divisionals. Both the Junior category and the Mod category already do this. I was present at last years 2006 National meeting when this was proposed. I was disappointed that there wasn't even any discussion in the public forum. They had a simple count of hands. It seemed to me at the time that the commission had instead chosen to discuss privately either before or after the meeting?
      As a race director and a competitor I feel that double points is good for both racers and racing. It makes sense to increase the value of the NAC. For those of us that will not be able to take the time/money to travel to compete at either of the west coast Winter or summer National events this year it might make it mathmatically possible to still compete for High Points. Double points helps clubs attract racers. Big races, particularly "anything billed as a CHAMPIONSHIP" attracts spectators and more importantly, it attracts sponsors. If the commission thinks it would be fair, let the NAC's be hosted on the opposite coast from the Stock Nationals each year.
      While the trophy that APBA provides to the winners is nice, it isn't worth the $100 per class that hosting NAC's costs a club. NAC's are too expensive unless the championship status is raised high enough to attract at least 3 more racers in each class to the event. Please add this to the agenda for 2007. Mike Marshall, Raceboat 61-S

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Warnock View Post
        Getting back in the game!

Warbs

Nice avatar Steve. Is that the old 25SS?
        Joe Silvestri
        CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
        JH/JR

Comment

Originally posted by raceboat61-S View Post
          Mike Ross, Ed Hearn, et al:
          Several weeks ago there was a "call for agenda items" here on hydroracer.net. I requested that the commission discuss and consider making Stock North American Championships count as double points like a Divisionals. Both the Junior category and the Mod category already do this. I was present at last years 2006 National meeting when this was proposed. I was disappointed that there wasn't even any discussion in the public forum. They had a simple count of hands. It seemed to me at the time that the commission had instead chosen to discuss privately either before or after the meeting?
          As a race director and a competitor I feel that double points is good for both racers and racing. It makes sense to increase the value of the NAC. For those of us that will not be able to take the time/money to travel to compete at either of the west coast Winter or summer National events this year it might make it mathmatically possible to still compete for High Points. Double points helps clubs attract racers. Big races, particularly "anything billed as a CHAMPIONSHIP" attracts spectators and more importantly, it attracts sponsors. If the commission thinks it would be fair, let the NAC's be hosted on the opposite coast from the Stock Nationals each year.
          While the trophy that APBA provides to the winners is nice, it isn't worth the $100 per class that hosting NAC's costs a club. NAC's are too expensive unless the championship status is raised high enough to attract at least 3 more racers in each class to the event. Please add this to the agenda for 2007. Mike Marshall, Raceboat 61-S
          Another bonus points race just dilutes the importance of our Naionals and divisionals point process. To be fair there would need to be a double point NAC in each region then. But isn't that what we have the (double point) divisionals for

Why do we even have a NAC? How long has it been going on?

If it's not profitable then don't put on a NAC. I proposed the NAC to our club last year and we decided it wouldn't bring in enough extra entries to be profitable, so we passed on it.

I hope someone proposes to remove the extra points for the J category for NAC, doesn't make sense to me. And move J's back into the stock category. I am also a race chairman, western stock divisionals every other year, and having to pay an extra $100 for the J category is outright dumb.

Comment

Manufacturers, Distributors, Dealers....where are you ?

I certainly hope that some of the people directly involved with motor
            and parts distribution are in attendance at these meetings to clarify
            what is and what is not available for stock outboard. Was disappointed
            in the lack of response by the people directly responsible for this
            aspect of our sport in all the discussion in this venue so far. This is
            an ideal venue for rumors and such to be confirmed or denied but was
            not utilizied. All the info that I read was second or third hand and
            feel that the membership should be better informed by those who are
            to profit from the use of their product. This forum could and should be
            better utilized to keep the membership informed and hopefully someone
            will take the ball and run with it in the future. Surely would be an asset
            to those involved with making decisions concerning our future to have
            some insight as to what is and is not available in the future.....I, for one,
            would like to hear this information directly from the horse's mouth rather
            than rely on the rumor mill to make decisions on what to get ready for
            the upcoming season or seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by sax View Post
              I certainly hope that some of the people directly involved with motor
              and parts distribution are in attendance at these meetings to clarify
              what is and what is not available for stock outboard. Was disappointed
              in the lack of response by the people directly responsible for this
              aspect of our sport in all the discussion in this venue so far. This is
              an ideal venue for rumors and such to be confirmed or denied but was
              not utilizied. All the info that I read was second or third hand and
              feel that the membership should be better informed by those who are
              to profit from the use of their product. This forum could and should be
              better utilized to keep the membership informed and hopefully someone
              will take the ball and run with it in the future. Surely would be an asset
              to those involved with making decisions concerning our future to have
              some insight as to what is and is not available in the future.....I, for one,
              would like to hear this information directly from the horse's mouth rather
              than rely on the rumor mill to make decisions on what to get ready for
              the upcoming season or seasons.

some of this information has been provided here already..........Sidewinder,LLC has done a wonderful job of it. Bass Machines has "spokesmen" here also. They will all be respresented at the National Meeting, to also include the Yamato sotck outboard importer, Ric Montoya.
              Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Here it is Warbs. I have added a couple other things but this is the majority of the info we need to cover. Mikey
                mike ross

Comment

Working...
                X