Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe J View Post
    Daren:

I also thought the inspections needs to be increased, so I became an inspector. how about you???????

I know you run a lot of classes, but you could could assist as well.

Joe
    Joe, I want to become an inspector and have contacted Roger about it, but have not heard back. In fact, I am reducing the amount of classes I used to race, to free up some of my time and could help with inspections.
    Last edited by mercguy; 01-16-2007, 10:19 AM.
    Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

good points Dana.........

Originally posted by dholt View Post
      Hey Darren,

You think if someone is tossed for illegal fuel after heat #2 they should be given points for their first heat anyway???

Do you really believe they were running legal fuel in heat #1 and something just "happened" in heat #2 to make it illegal?

Aside from inspecting after every heat, there is an argument on both sides of this issue.

But how many times does something just "happen" in heat #2 that wasn't already a factor in heat #1?

What happened to JMK kind of sucked...but that's racing. Much liked getting chopped by a guy who already jumped the gun.

On another note...can we add a resolution TO STOP REFERING TO THE STOCK NATIONALS AS THE "SUMMER" NATIONALS???
      although, I have seen the fuel pass the 1st heat and fail the second heat..........but, anyways, I was just bringing up a point, nothing more.
      Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Haüenstein View Post
        The intentions — however noble — don't really matter if the new rule rewards cheating. I think the time/manpower issue is significant.
        guess we need to get more people invloved in the "other part" of boat racing.............officials, etc.........
        Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Yeah it is a Joke!

Originally posted by mercguy View Post
          you made your opinion and I brought up a cir***stance. It did not have to do with a **** thing whether the person is my buddy or not, which he is, buy not the flippin point.

inspect whatever heat you want, you have that option...........if the only answer you have to turn down this change is because it makes the day longer, well, that is not good enough...........
          Read the rule I posted above! He should have been tossed out anyways!
          17W

"You gotta do the work"- Pop Trolian

Comment

Brent, Mike, and Dana are absolutely right on this. Also as Brent pointed out, J. Micheal technically should have been disqualified for driving a boat outside of the cockpit anyway. The point is that our inspection procedures have been in place for a very long time. The current system is not a problem. Could we be more thorough? Absolutely, but for weekend races the system works fine. The idea of making a rule that essentially makes cheating legal in the first heat is absolutely ludicrous. It is unfortunate that there are instances when someone must get thrown out for somthing they did not do, but that is just the way it is. To those who oppose this proposal, I wouldn't worry about it to much. I see this as being an item that will get voted on quickly, and with little support. I would be shocked to see this get passed.
            Ryan Runne
            9-H
            Wacusee Speedboats
            ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

Here's the point

Originally posted by Joe J View Post
              Mike & Brent:

I was the inspector that threw him out. While there was no question in my mind that he was legal when he left the beach, he was too high in inspection. Joe Johnson
              How can there be no question he was legal when He left the beach? Without doubling the amount of inspections we do, something I don't think is particularly practical for most clubs, we need to make an assumption. Is it reasonable to assume that someone ran the first heat legal, then changed to an illegal setup? Or is it MORE reasonable to assume that nothing was changed and that they ran illegal both heats? I imagine more than a couple of us have been DQ'd because our motor clamps came loose, hell I've even had a transom brace come loose and make me illegal. The point is that the cir***stances causing you to fail inspection are IRRELAVENT (including making the greatest save ever). J Mike should have been DQ'd same as anyone else showing up at inspection with an illegal setup, PERIOD. I like J Mike and this is nothing personal, but the rule is fine the way it is, and to change it based on a single incident is irresponsible.
              Moby Grape Racing
              "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

The reason I know he was legal is that I walked through the inspection area on my way to the beach with my daughter's J Hydro, and saw Mike checking height and weight. His class was up right after the J's. Since I was not inspecting at the time, I could not use it later.

I do understand what you are saying, which is why he was DQ'ed later in the day.

I see no reason to change anything.

Joe

Originally posted by propnuts View Post
                How can there be no question he was legal when He left the beach? Without doubling the amount of inspections we do, something I don't think is particularly practical for most clubs, we need to make an assumption. Is it reasonable to assume that someone ran the first heat legal, then changed to an illegal setup? Or is it MORE reasonable to assume that nothing was changed and that they ran illegal both heats? I imagine more than a couple of us have been DQ'd because our motor clamps came loose, hell I've even had a transom brace come loose and make me illegal. The point is that the cir***stances causing you to fail inspection are IRRELAVENT (including making the greatest save ever). J Mike should have been DQ'd same as anyone else showing up at inspection with an illegal setup, PERIOD. I like J Mike and this is nothing personal, but the rule is fine the way it is, and to change it based on a single incident is irresponsible.

Comment

OK..............cool...........

next debate?
                  Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

My Fault

I knew when I was approving the agenda that I should have exercised chairman's discretion and removed that item. I can't imagine that the SORC doesn't have anything better to do than to discuss the appropriateness of rules that have been in the book for a half a century.

Maybe we can discuss whether the Gentex lifejackets should have been outlawed, too. Jeez!
                    14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

Originally posted by bbackus17w View Post
                      I seen the picture from the Propeller & he was not even in the boat.
                      Um, my wife took the picture, and he was in the boat. I've looked at that one and others I took in a lot more detail than what was in Propeller. I was the first one to the boat as it came in. His knee probably wasn't below the cockpit edge, but he did have a leg in the cockpit. And it was a hell of a driving job. And yeah, it sucks he got DQ'ed, but it doesn't mean a rule needs changing.

I know the whole several weeks of the incident. Two great drivers battled. They both got Hall of Champions jackets. That's the point - end of story. No need to keep talking **** about it.

Like Daren said next topic.
                      Mike Johnson

World Headquarters
                      sigpic
                      Portland, Oregon
                      Johnson Racing

Comment

Just Ed saying it was his fault makes my day!!!!

BTW... Margaret & Nick had a baby boy. Nicholas Ryan 7lbs 4 oz. 20 inches. January 2nd.
                        "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

I think we just like tossing J Michael out. We are jealous that he gets to run so many classes and he is the example of getting his money worth out of entry fees. Mikey!!!
                          mike ross

Comment

Originally posted by don11w View Post
                            Just Ed saying it was his fault makes my day!!!!

BTW... Margaret & Nick had a baby boy. Nicholas Ryan 7lbs 4 oz. 20 inches. January 2nd.
                            It's always nice to hear Ed admit when he's wrong isn't it!! It's to bad he doesn't do it more often!! Just kidding Ed. If you always admited you were wrong I wouldn't have anyone to argue with.

Congratulations Don.
                            Last edited by ryan_4z; 01-17-2007, 10:09 AM.
                            Ryan Runne
                            9-H
                            Wacusee Speedboats
                            ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

Bump...............

Here you go steve
                              "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

Thanx!

Getting back in the game!

Warbs
                                64*W

Comment

Working...
                                X