Long Sault Canada - 30 Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Sault Canada - 30 Something!

What a GREAT race site! We had a super time and ran off over 30 heats each day. The inboarders also put on a super show and everyone was very friendly, as always up in Canada! Thank you all that helped me out this weekend, you guys are the best! Special thank you to Dave Scott for letting me run the 25 rig, that was awesome! I was also very glad to meet some new people up there, Bob Abbott, Mike B. etc. Maybe propeller mag. could add a little section for our friends up north, results etc., race was under APBA. They did tell me a story how once another Region 3 guy came up there awhile back, I think his name was CRAIG BOWMAN.
    Thanks Again to all for a Super Weekend, See ya soon!
    Earl - From Jersey 11J
    Earl 11 J........ Dangerous when Wet Runne Craft- Earl said, " Driving a Runne Craft is like Cheating". Dude, ........ Where's My Boat!

I had a great time up there too! Man that's a nice place.

It was fun to watch the inboards too, been a few years since I've seen them! The finals of 2.5L and 5L we're amazing.

I'm sure Jonathan Abbott set history (in CBF anyway, not sure about APBA) by being the first to race an inboard and outboard hydroplane and a runabout at one event jumping from a ASR to a 1.5L to AXSH.

Thanks to all involved!! Top notch and smooth program. All racing completed even though the tight competition got the better of a few boats.
    Fralick Racing
    Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Comment

I want to take this opportunity to thank all the racers, officials and volunteers for helping make this event a huge success.....

I am pleased to announce that we also held a raffle for 2 CBF racing memberships as a fund rasier for the Paul Sohn memorial fund, and at last count we were over $700.00 collected. 1 of the memberships was won by Kent Henderson, and the second one has yet to be claimed. So before you was your race weekend clothes check your pockets and if you have ticket number 2497357 contact me to claim your prize.

Thanks again to all who came up to make this one of the best races of 2006!

Comment

Kudo's

Great site, great people, lots of racing and one heck of a scenic ride! Really enjoyed making all the new aquaintances and renewing a lot of old ones. I over heard several times at the meal Saturday evening that this reminded them a lot of Silver Lake, NY. Bruce O., a pit boss that made things happen. Will be back next year and hope to bring more Region 1 drivers. And for the record, Earl has a New Jersey accent, mine is New England.

31-A, Hampstead, NH

Comment

Accent Ya Baby!

Originally posted by TPLACE31
          Great site, great people, lots of racing and one heck of a scenic ride! Really enjoyed making all the new aquaintances and renewing a lot of old ones. I over heard several times at the meal Saturday evening that this reminded them a lot of Silver Lake, NY. Bruce O., a pit boss that made things happen. Will be back next year and hope to bring more Region 1 drivers. And for the record, Earl has a New Jersey accent, mine is New England.

31-A, Hampstead, NH
          I had an excellent time talking to with you as always pal, but don't be to sure I have a New Jersey accent because I do go to New England a lot(Lowell,Ma this week), can we say "PARTY"!
          11J
          Earl 11 J........ Dangerous when Wet Runne Craft- Earl said, " Driving a Runne Craft is like Cheating". Dude, ........ Where's My Boat!

Comment

The winner of the second CBF racing membership from the Paul Sohn memorial raffle is Spencer Utman.....

Comment

Way to go Spencer! Bob, maybe you can post how many heats we had?

Comment

Great time

Wesley said "I want to drive a race boat too"
                Mom said "no way"
                We'll see
                Thanks to all for a great race. Chrissy, Wesley, and I had fun. Good choice on the Sat. menu.
                Earl squeese the 25 throttle
                Inboards were a great show.
                Chris you are right boats can be fixed.
                See you at Crystal.

Rich Hepton 8-CE
                DMH DSH
                Rich Hepton 8-CE
                Ottawa Valley Powerboat Club
                DMH/DSH

Comment

Hey Earl in total we ran 67 heats of racing in 2 days 34 on saturday and 33 on Sunday.

My Officials team did a phenominal job (scores, referees, pit managers, patrol boats, rescue team). Even the driver who was taken to hospital had nothing but praise for the way the inboard diver took care of him in the water and on the way to the ambulance.......

As of 4:00pm this afternoon I have started planning for 2007, and more to follow in the winter months on what will be on the drawing board for next year!

Comment

Thanks Rich!

Originally posted by rich
                    Wesley said "I want to drive a race boat too"
                    Mom said "no way"
                    We'll see
                    Thanks to all for a great race. Chrissy, Wesley, and I had fun. Good choice on the Sat. menu.
                    Earl squeese the 25 throttle
                    Inboards were a great show.
                    Chris you are right boats can be fixed.
                    See you at Crystal.

Rich Hepton 8-CE
                    DMH DSH
                    Without your help Rich (Brad & Dave Too!) I would have never gotten on the water! Your a true pal and I hope your engine will be better soon! Ya I squeesed the throttle a little, Dave just wanted the engine broken in a little before any big wins. James will be glad his rig is still like new. Hope to see you soon Rich!
                    11J

Comment

For those interested... here is the link to some pictures. Some great shots!

http://www.hydroplanequebec.com/imag...ngsault06.html
                      Fralick Racing

Comment

Thanks to all for putting on a great race....excellent location.

Great photos...wow...I didn't realize how close I was to stuffing a sponson in that turn with Jim.

Dave

Comment

You guys were pushing pretty hard through the slop it looked like. Great to watch you guys duke it out!
                          Fralick Racing

Comment

Anyone hear how Bill Keegan is? We heard he flipped.

Comment

Thank you!!

I want to thank everyones who helped me get my first ride in an outboard, Bob Abbott who found the boat for me, the Pemberton's who took care of it until the race, Dave and Mike Beisweigner (Sp?) for getting it ready and coaching me, Andrew Fralick for the prop and the advises, Chris Mizener for the plugs....and all who made me feel in the group.

As you can see my wife took over as the photographer so don't have to worry about that.

Christian
                              www.hydroplanequebec.com

Comment

Working...
                              X