1960's Speedliner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hillsdale Run

Hi Dave and Alan- LOVE THAT SOUND. Been to many years since that was music to my ears. Did both of you attend the race. Rich Welsh is a good guy.
    Did he have a 6 cyl Merc or a 3 hole OMC at that race. The MI and IN boys are all top notch.
    The Ropp hydro looks great running. Did you get a chance to see Tim Kurcz at the race?
    Keep us posted on how things go with the new boat. Put it on You Tube again.
    Ye Olde Desert Geezer Al

Comment

• Hillsdale friends

Al
      We did get to meet a lot of nice helpfull people. Rich ran an OMC. We did not stay for the races as we still had to pick up a nice 55H and a matching 30H, then drive back to Florida. We did meet Tim and he offered us an invite to test with him sometime. Alan spoke with Ropp and it looks like we will be building a new boat over the winter that is closer to the correct length and weight. All in all we were very happy with results and look forward to racing in the Mod classes next year.
      David
      Attached Files

Comment

• Quincy Looper

Doug Kay has nearly completed my "A" and "B" loopers. The "A" is FA-88 and was used by Champion Spark Plug Company to test plugs. The "B" is FB-115 and belong to a racer in the mid-west. All that remains to be done is the fuel systems and a couple detaling things and there ready to test run. I will take some video when we fire them up. Hope you enjoy the photos.

Alan
        Attached Files

Comment

• Hillsdale test compliation video

I compiled a six minute video of the six hours of testing done last September in Hillsdale. We enjoyed our time at this great venue and look forward to racing there this year.

You can see and hear how the engine progressed during the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tIjfLGb9Rw

Thanks
          David Van Weele

Comment

• Hillsdale Run

Hi Dave and Alan- Loved the video. Wished I could have been there. Sounded GREAT and looked good. Best in your running this year. Keep us posted with videos. A little bit different than running the stocks of yesteryear?
            Ye Olde Desert Geezer

Comment

• Mercury Mark 30H and 20H driveshafts

We will be placing an order for a limited quanity of both the Mark 30H and the Mark 20H large pinion end ( not like the current reproduction ) driveshafts. If you are interested in purchasing one they will be for sale at $295.00 plus shipping. Drop me an email or call aeroliner_boats@bellsouth.net or 386-295-3391 to get your name on the list. We still have a number of the Mark 55H shafts available for the same price. These shafts are made using the factory drawings and compared to last new factory shafts we have in our inventory.

Visit our web site for the links to our 2010 Hillsdale efforts. We ran our Mercury inline 6 to a third a first and a fourth place finish in 3 days of racing plus three thirds in A Mod using our latest 20 H.

Comment

• I am Don Christy's grandson, anyone remember him? He is such an amazing guy.

Comment

• Our latest restoration a Sid Craft

We have nearly complete the restoration of a 1959 short sponson Sid. I have attached some pictures.

Sorry I did not see the Don Christy post by his grand son. Alan has a bunch of his propellers and as one of his KG4H engines in his collection.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Dons engine

I will post some photos of the prop box and the A engine as soon as I can get them out. Raced with Don in BU more years ago than I will admit to. Found the prop box that Don Christy had.

Alan
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by OldRacerBU; 09-17-2011, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X