1960's Speedliner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C/D Aeroliner

We have made good progress on our C/D boat. Currently expect to skin the frame during December. We hope to be testing it in January and run some AOF meets. We also have made good progress working with Doug Kay in putting new threads in Quickie lower units. If you would like to see some photos check our website at aeroliner_boats.com. I also have additional photos of the repair if anyone would like photos. My E mail is apvw1@aol.com

Alan

Comment

• [QUOTE=A/B Speedliner;90204]We had Bill Walker, Bill Hoctor and Doug Cohee over to the shop to observe our progress this past week.[QUOTE]
      A brain trust. Love you guys.
      !"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Comment

• Merc Mark 75

I am looking for a fresh warter Mercury Mark 75. If anyone want to sell an engine please let me know price and location. My E mail is apvw1@aol.com

Thanks,
        Alan

Comment

• Mercury mark 20-H Block repair

We are working on a resleving of two mercury mark 20-H blocks. We will post photos if anyone would like to see them. They will be broght back to standard bore. So far everything has gone well with the sleve removal and were ready to fit new liners in the block. Once the first two are complete we will also post prices for the repair on our web site. www.aeroliner_boats.com

Thanks
          Alan

Comment

• I have a Champ HotRod that I would like to restore back to original to run on our B boats at AOMC meets. Dose anyone have a complete flywheel and mag that they would like to sell? E mail me at apvw1@aol.com

Thanks
            Alan

Comment

• Merc parts repair

As we restore some of the engines that we have and looking at putting together engines that were note 100% we have been able to restore lower units by intalling new cone threads. We have been able to fix all that were bad so far. Additionally we have a number of good blocks that were in sad shape bore wise and now can resleave the all two and four cylinder blocks. If anyone would like some pgotos of the items undergoing restoration please E mail me at apvw1@aol.com. Next summer we are intending to run our boats that were building with our renewed engines. Photos can be seen on aeroliner_boats.com also.

Alan

Comment

• Originally posted by OldRacerBU View Post
                Additionally we have a number of good blocks that were in sad shape bore wise and now can resleave the all two and four cylinder blocks.
                There is another shop that resleeves Mercs to standard size for $120 a bore (plus porting). Is your cost about the same?
                Last edited by sam; 11-18-2007, 10:00 AM.

Comment

• Suter's AOMC Meet

Alan- Was great seeing you again after all these years since Long Island. Are you and Dave trying to out do Mark's collection?
                  Have a great Thanksgiving. Ye Olde Desert Geezer Al

Comment

• Block work

Yes our prices are competive. Each block is an issue by itself but most sleving is about the same cost. The costly part is to get the ports done back to factory spec. If the engine is going to be raced then the most care must be taken. For a display engine are one that just used for fun then a little more latitude can be given in the port area.

Alan

Comment

• KA7A carbs

I bought a Mark 55-H with the wrong carbs installed on it. I would like to replace them with a set of KA-7A carbs. Would anyone have a complete set with the choke linkage that they would like to sell. Also like to buy A, B, C, and D lowerunit housings with the threads gone. Thanks for your consideration. My E mail is apvw1@aol.com The photos are of the bloack restoration.

Alan
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Gerald Waldman Sid Craft

I have acquired Jerry Waldman's C-D-F SidCraft and I am now trying to determine the boat number that he raced with for the restoration. I bought the boat from Kirby Pabst on E bay and would like to get some help with the APBA number.

Alan
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Cool boat, but ironic that Jerry's old boat would have a champion spark plug sticker anywhere on it!

Check with Wayne Baldwin about his number, Wayne has more pics from that era than you can imagine...Something is sticking in my head about the number W-2, or W-4 however. Don't quote me though...
                          Bill Schwab
                          Miss KTDoodle #62C
                          -Naturescape encinitas landscape company

Comment

• Sid Hydro

Thanks for the feedback on where to find the numbers. The boat was owned by a number of folks and raced with different engines. The last setup appears to be for a Konig. To my knowledge the boat has been in storage for a very long period. Luckly it was indoors. I will keep you posted on what I find numbers wise.

Alan

Comment

• New C/D boat

We have been making some progress on our new "D" boat. Sides are on and transom has been finished. We have the bottom cut and ready for fitting. One more weekend and we should have all the major work complete. Hopefully we will complete a second "D" so David and I can run the Top-O-Michigan together next summer.
                              Alan
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Fuel tanks

We are close to getting the bootom and decks on our new C/D boat. Photos on our web site (aeroliner_boats.com). What I would like to know is the fuel burn for a 44 cu in engine running a marathon. I beleive from my D engies I will need about 6 gallons to run 55 miles. Also do anyone have a contack for a tank fabricator? Planning on running in the Top-O-Michigan next summer.

Thanks,
                                Alan

Comment

Working...
                                X