Touchstone Energy Hydrofest on Lake Shelbyville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touchstone Energy Hydrofest on Lake Shelbyville

The ODA will be proud to present the Touchstone Energy Hydrofest on Lake Shelbyville, Illinois on September 16 and 17 2006. There will be $3,500 prize and tow money. We have arranged to have accomodations at Eagle Creek Resort on Lake Shelbyville. They have offered us a special rate of $79.00 plus tax. That is $50 off of their normal rates. They will also be having a Dock Party on Sat night for us. They say their Dock Parties are the best. For more info on the resort www.eaglecreekresort.com. The race site at Shelbyville is an excellent place to race with a nice hard packed sand beach for pits. Last year we had a huge crowd of spectators both in boats and on the beach. The sponsor is very motivated and excited about this race with bigger plans being made for next year. If we can have a good turnout this could turn into something very big for all of kneel down boat racing. All NBRA classes will be run both days. If you have any questions you can e-mail me at kampenracing@yahoo.com or call me at 314-497-2502.

Thanks,
    Keith Kampen

Eagle Creek Phone Number

I forgot to put in the phone number for Eagle Creek. It is 1-800-876-3245
    Keith Kampen

Comment

Shelbyville

Bump Bump Bump
      Keith Kampen

Comment

Keith this is going to be one of the best races this year. I have been telling all my friends about it. I hope we can get good boat support.

I can't believe how many boats were on the lake watching last year. Did we ever figure out how to get a speaker to all the pleasure boats so they can hear? Let me know and I will see what I can do.

Everybody needs to click on the link and see the eagle resort we are staying in and having the dock party at, what a nice place.

Kevin McAfee
        Y-44
        "I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."sigpic

Comment

Shelbyville

Kevin, they called me and asked if we could get speakers out there some how. I told her I did not know but would check. They would love to have speakers out there. We will talk about it in OK.
          Keith Kampen

Comment

This site is equal to Centralia for race water, the cove is all ours plus the pits are great with all beach area. These people go out of thier way for the set up with concessions and organization in general. To have a site and promotion like this is hard to come by these days.
            Alan Owen

Comment

how far is it out to where you want a speaker?
              i can look i believe i still have a spool of army surplus comm wire somewere in the barn

Comment

How far?

I don't know how far. We are going to talk about it this weekend at the NBRA Nats. I will let you know though.
                Keith Kampen

Comment

Planning on being there. Reservations made!

Comment

Good luck at the Shelbyville race...looks and sounds like a dynaminte site!
                    We'll be "making a living" that time of September and won't be able to churn any water.

Look forward to seeing you all in Okmulgee tomorrow and this weekend!

Dan
                    O-49

Comment

Does anybody know of or how to send a signal through radio freq. Like at the drive in theater. I think this would work if the boats could just tune into a radio station and be hooked up to PA on land. I will be at the NBRA Natl. until Monday evening so if I don't respond that's where I'm at.

Thanks
                      Kevin
                      "I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."sigpic

Comment

Kevin there are numerous Cheap transmitters for doing that. most of them you are getting exactly what you paid for. Ed Hern has one (or indiana outboard does) they use it at dayton i have been told. He would be one to talk to though.

Comment

Thanks for the reply kws. I talked with Ed tonight and looked on Ebay and a few other sites. One fellow has called me with a system and an price for 3/4 to 1 mile coverage area. Now we have to see if the club can afford it. Thanks again and hope to see some new faces there.
                          A few of us are talking about taking off Friday and playing golf. Anybody else want to play??

Kevin

Y-44

Comment

Amr-bmr

anyone going coming to run AMR, AMH or BMR type classes?

also what are the engines are legal for these classes?

53-W
                            Last edited by 53-W; 08-21-2006, 07:18 PM. Reason: changes

Comment

Kevin- Ray and I will be up for a little golf. We are going to have a little match between us since he said he could whip my bu**. We said we would play at each other's course and at a neutral course. This could be our neutral course. Look forward to the golf!!

Rick Miller
                              34-0

Comment

Working...
                              X