Safety Equipment Saved My Arse!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kevin:

With what little is left on the front of the boat, it looks like you are almost ready to race 1100 Runabout!

Joe

Comment

Hey Kevin. From our family to you, we are glad to hear you came out of this okey and able to have a sense of humor about it. We all know **it happens, but that doesn't lesson things when someone gets hurt. It sounds like you took every safety precautions, sane capsule, to ensure your safety.

Take care and hope to see you in the near future
      Jim and the Nilsen Racing Family

Comment

you know joe the thought crossed my mind thanks jim you and your family are the greatest and it means alot coming from you, for those of you that know me may find it hard to believe but the experience has certainly humbled me. kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Joe J
          Kevin:

With what little is left on the front of the boat, it looks like you are almost ready to race 1100 Runabout!

Joe
          Or just re-deck it and make it a round nose
          Sattler Racing R-15
          350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
          TEAM VRP
          The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

Neck Restraints

Originally posted by propwash
            The Restraint Works In Both Positions, I Think The Most Common Mistake Is That Guys Tend To Wear Them Too Tight, And Have Issues While Kneeling , Turning Their Heads To See Well, The Straps Are Meant To Keep Your Neck From Twisting Or Turning To The Critical Points Where Things Snap Or Break, Not To Keep Your Neck Stationary. It Takes Some Getting Used To While Kneeling I Can Tell You, But As It Was Put To Me, How Much Is Your Neck And Even Your Life Worth To You, Is Being A Little Uncomfortable For A Getting Used To Period, Worth The Benefits You Get In That" Every So Often " Moment That You Really Need It?? I'm A Little Older Than Most Of The Guys Not Wearing Them, And I Think Common Sense Told Me To Get And Wear These Things No Matter How Much Time It Took Me To Get Used To Them. Kevin
            I've been an advocate of neck restraints ever since Nic Thompson had his accident testing in 2004. There have been many drivers I've convinced (some would say nagged ) into wearing them. For those of you who were not convinced of the benefits of the restraints before, I HOPE this thread is what changes your minds! Kevin is right - common sense is what it is.

Nic's very lucky to still be with us today! I'm sure if he had to do it all over again, he would have worn the neck restraint that was in his trailer at the time of the accident....but then....he was "ONLY testing". Keep that in mind too.
            Susan Eldredge Sailer

Comment

Working...
            X