Safety Equipment Saved My Arse!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safety Equipment Saved My Arse!!!!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTOS ATTACHED, and you'll see how I Feel Very Fortunate To Be Only Sore, Stiff And Bruised After This Past Weekends Mishap. I'm Here To Tell You The Neck Restraint, Our Helmets, The Flack In The "pro" Jackets, And My Head To Toe Coverage From "security" Saved My Bacon. Thank You To All Of You Who Have Developed This Stuff, And Get It To Us The Racers Affordably!!!!! Those Who Do Not Wear A Neck Restraint I Strongly Urge You To Do So, This Thing Really Worked!!!!! Kevin Martin
    Attached Files
    Last edited by propwash; 06-20-2006, 09:31 AM.

Glad you are ok, could you fill us in on the head restraint ? how does this work while the driver is in the kneeling position or lying down ?
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Hey Dan

The Restraint Works In Both Positions, I Think The Most Common Mistake Is That Guys Tend To Wear Them Too Tight, And Have Issues While Kneeling , Turning Their Heads To See Well, The Straps Are Meant To Keep Your Neck From Twisting Or Turning To The Critical Points Where Things Snap Or Break, Not To Keep Your Neck Stationary. It Takes Some Getting Used To While Kneeling I Can Tell You, But As It Was Put To Me, How Much Is Your Neck And Even Your Life Worth To You, Is Being A Little Uncomfortable For A Getting Used To Period, Worth The Benefits You Get In That" Every So Often " Moment That You Really Need It?? I'm A Little Older Than Most Of The Guys Not Wearing Them, And I Think Common Sense Told Me To Get And Wear These Things No Matter How Much Time It Took Me To Get Used To Them. Kevin

Comment

Thanks for the info, if I ever decide to come out of retirement I will order one. I would rather be a little uncomfortable then six feet under
        HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

After AJ's accident at Dayton, Ohio last year Jerry Davids had him try out the one he uses. It does restrict the neck movement, but all you need to do is to turn your body to compensate. Jerry was nice enough to give AJ a restraint which he now uses 100 %. It was real easy to attach to his new helmet from Security Racing Products. In fact when I ordered Alex's new helmet I had SRP install the restraint. The cost "PRICELESS" !!!!
          I ordered both their helmets thru Patrick Gleason....
          Lisa J. Jennings

Comment

Kevin:

Glad to see you are ok. About 2 months ago I ordered a new jacket through Pat G., and had the restraints added, "for the future".

I went ahead and put the D rings onto my helmet and tried everything. I was surprised that they still have enough flexability to allow some movement.

I am now sold on them.

Joe

Comment

More on head restraints

Another thing about helmet restraints is that you can have them built directly into the lifejacket. I had the separate 'stand alone' restraint that velcros around the chest originally. It does the job, but sometimes fishing the straps out from underneath your cut suit and life jacket can be a pain.

With the helmet restraint built into the lifejacket, the straps are already toward the outside and easier to access, and seems to have less of an impairment on mobility.

The only caveat is that if you go with helmet restraint installed in the jacket, you want to be sure you either have very snug fitting crotch straps or leg bands, OR consider a torso suit jacket like Joe did.

Either way, however, I believe the helmet restraint is the way to go, and I'm thankful that Kevin's safety equipment performed as it should.

R-19
              www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

thanks pat

your security cut suit helped me as well, being thicker than other brands out there i truly believe helped me here, the rocks cut right through my boots, but i have no cuts or abrations on my body, other than my feet. there's a 2" gouge in the flack in the rear of my security life jacket about 1/4" deep i'd hate to see what that would have done to my back had it not been there. thanks again pat, for helping me get this product. kevin

Comment

Sorry to hear about the mishap Sunday, but so glad to hear how well you came out of it...all things considered. Glad to know that my dad and brother are both wearing this same SRP gear and especially the neck restraints. I think I may need to get them to upgrade the ankle/feet protection.

Take care and rest up...I'll call you later.
                  Robert Stone
                  Team SS Hydroplane Racing
                  Crew

-Too close for missiles...switching to guns!!

Comment

GLAD you are OK!!!! Boats can be replaced!!!

Comment

Note to Ben Roethlisberger . . .

who said "I don't need no stinking helmet to ride my motorcycle!" Apparently he thought he could ride without a proper motorcycle license endorsement as well. Probably because he was to *busy* to take the BRC course and/or to unskilled to pass the state motorcycle skills test.

Safety gear works. Proven by actual test. Wear your gear racing boats, wear a helmet riding scoots, and click that seat belt in your vehicle!
                      carpetbagger

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Huson
                        who said "I don't need no stinking helmet to ride my motorcycle!" Apparently he thought he could ride without a proper motorcycle license endorsement as well. Probably because he was to *busy* to take the BRC course and/or to unskilled to pass the state motorcycle skills test.

Safety gear works. Proven by actual test. Wear your gear racing boats, wear a helmet riding scoots, and click that seat belt in your vehicle!
                        What is your head worth ?
                        HTML Code:

Comment

Note to self

Self, think twice before loaning equipment to Kevin.

Kinda hard on boats aren't you Kev? Glad that you're OK. You can get another boat.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

kevin im glad you are ok . i also crashed an 1100cc hydro back in 1990 while at nationals in depue. was very hot that day so i didnt wear my horse collar. very big mistake as i still feal it in my neck every morning .
                            Jeff Griffin
                            44V DMH

Comment

David

YEAH I GUESS I AM KINDA HARD ON THINGS AT LEAST I CAN SAY WHEN I DO THINGS I REALLY DO THINGS!!! WOULD HAVE PASSED ON THIS ONE THOUGH, KNOWING WHAT I KNOW NOW, ROCK.....HARD!!!!! KEVIN

Comment

Working...
                              X