Region 7 to Constantine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

avoidtheryan.com

There is a website www.avoidtheryan.com which routes you south on 90/94 to Roosevelt Rd, east on Roosevelt Rd to Columbus Dr, South on Columbus Drive to Lake Shore Drive, Lake Shore Drive to Stony Island Ave and then to the Skyway. Take a look please and let us know what you think of this route.

Comment

We are flying into Midway next month, then heading to Constantine for the
      Title Series race.

Would these suggestions work for us as well?

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by Joe J
        We are flying into Midway next month, then heading to Constantine for the
        Title Series race.

Would these suggestions work for us as well?

Joe
        Joe take I-55 toward St. Louis then get on 294 East. What time of day are you getting in? Ed's suggestion may apply during heavy traffic times.
        17W

"You gotta do the work"- Pop Trolian

Comment

I believe we get in around 6:30 or so. by the time we get luggare and a car, I would guess we would leave the airport around 7:30.

Joe

Originally posted by bbackus17w
          Joe take I-55 toward St. Louis then get on 294 East. What time of day are you getting in? Ed's suggestion may apply during heavy traffic times.

Comment

Whats happening guys? I was wondering if anyone knows about how far Constantine is mileage wise from Milwaukee, WI. Thank you.
            RACINE EXTREME
            EXposing the X in EXtreme
            www.racine-extreme.com
            Troy Oleson

Comment

Ashland Route thru Chicago

I can see daRyan from my office

When driving down Ashland, as soon as you exit be sure to stop at:

Choppers Diner (big yellow Checker TaxiCab outside) - 1700 N Ashland - ChopPak is a Double-Cheese Combo for about $4 bucks

LaPasadita (der'z tree a dem on da block) - 1100 N Ashland - authentic Mexican open 24/7

The Billy Goat - 10 N Ashland - Cheebouger Cheebouger Cheebouger, No Fries/ Chips, No Pepsi / Coke

Comment

Constantine is about 225 miles from Milwaukee, about 3 1/2 hours if things are great in Chicago, 6 hours or more if they are bad, We plan on leaving about 8 AM so should get there just as morning rush calms down a bit. With luck we can test motors at Constantine but if things are slow, at least the bar has plenty of beer.

Comment

Now thats thinking positive Sam!! if you can't do one you can do the other ITS ALL GOOD see you there

Comment

Alternate route

I believe I will try something different, Being that I live west of Milw. / Chi town, I will take 47 south to us 30 then east to Indiana then jog north & pick up 80/90 east to Constantine .??? Is this wise?

D shaw -13 W

I have always respected my elders but it's getting harder all the time to find someone older !

Comment

Originally posted by Old Rookie 13 W
                      I believe I will try something different, Being that I live west of Milw. / Chi town, I will take 47 south to us 30 then east to Indiana then jog north & pick up 80/90 east to Constantine .??? Is this wise?

D shaw -13 W

I have always respected my elders but it's getting harder all the time to find someone older !
                      I believe Coop told me he has done this when traffic SUCKS! I would have already left but....gonna wait for UPS to deliver my new skid lid.
                      17W

"You gotta do the work"- Pop Trolian

Comment

if you are doing it in the middle of the day I am afread you may be doomed
                        when took 47 up to burlington. it was in the day. from morris up to nearly the state line it was stop and go traffic all the way

Comment

13w, when are you leaving to head over? I will be calling you friday am. I am thinking about going over as well. not quite sure when I will be able to leave though. Call you in the morn.
                          Last edited by toleson1; 06-15-2006, 10:13 PM.
                          RACINE EXTREME
                          EXposing the X in EXtreme
                          www.racine-extreme.com
                          Troy Oleson

Comment

Leaving for Constantine

I am leaving at 8:30 am. should miss most of the rush hour soccer mom traffic.
                            D Shaw 13-W
                            With age comes wisdom ! Then why do I still do dumb shi+++ ?

Comment

Constantine

Those of you who are flying into Midway can use an old trick. Go to 55th street(Northern boundry of Midway), turn right and go east for about 5 miles though a residential area. Street is 4 lanes most of the way. You will come to Dan Ryan x-way. Go south about one mile and on your left is the Skyway entrance. From there a short 20 minutes to I-80 and you are on your way.

ray

Comment

Constantine Turnout

Got a call tonight from son Jon that the pits are FULL with a guy sitting outside who came all the way from Pennsylvania waiting to get in! Excellent turnout, should be a fun time. Good luck racers.

Comment

Working...
                                X