Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by race4kaos
    ... ***
    I am of the opinion that the fewer classes TRORA race, that more boats would [eventually] come down from MI.
    That is only true if the club cannot complete the schedule. If you complete the schedule as indicated on the circular, the boats will still come (assuming there is not some other problem). It is only when they don't get to run, or have to be cut down to one-heat racing because the race committee cannot get the schedule run off, that boats stop showing up at the race.

Races in Michigan or in the State of Washington, do not have the same problems races in the rest of the country have. They have their own, to be sure, but they are not the same ones.

Sorry to disagree with you again Kevin. Are you a Democrat? Ed.

ADD: BTW: if the club cannot complete the schedule, then Kevin is absolutely right. Again, however, that's just my opinion, though.
    14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

Originally posted by race4kaos
      ...***

dayton is a long day, too much work, and not much fun. i stopped going (years before i got the 45).
      And here I thought that it was because you couldn't count past three (3) laps. I assume you've made some other provision for the 45SS, like radios. lol.

Sorry, Kevin: I owe you at least a case of beer for all of the ribbing. Let me know what kind; I'll bring it to Constantine. Ed.
      Last edited by 14-H; 05-03-2006, 11:03 AM.
      14-H

Comment

If any club wished to race from 9am to 7pm or later...they could run 50 heats a day. No argument there.

But then again...who the H*LL wants to do that?

Sure would be nice to schedule 15 classes and get 140 boats. But you can't argue with geography.

It's up the individual clubs how they wish to run their races...you know...the Democratic way.

End of discussion on my thread about DMR and BSR participants. Other arguments can be taken elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by dholt
          End of discussion on my thread about DMR and BSR participants. Other arguments can be taken elsewhere.
          Agreed. Ed.
          14-H

Comment

Can not sit silent any more

I have wrote this 5 times, each time toning it down because I knew Dan would have just deleted it. This one is for the money.

Ed & Kevin,
            I would really like to know where the two of you get the stones to knock any other club in anyway? Who died and left the 2 of you to judge how any other club does anything?

The question and thread was to the DMR & BSR guys to see if they would like to be on the schedule. Don't remember anything in Dana's initial post that asked for the 2 Gods of racing to give their expert opinions on the management of any organization, much less one that they know nothing about (or what little they know could not be seen with the Hubble telescope).

I am not going to knock or make suggestions for either of your respective clubs on any management issues because that would be as unfair and unwelcome as what you 2 have done. Remember, people in glass houses, shouldn't play with dynamite!

And for the record, TRORA has had to go to 1 heat racing in order to complete the schedule a handful of times in the last 15 years and this while having an average of 5 races per year. Each time it was done, the Race Committee and the club would have rather done anything else but one heat racing. However, sometimes BLANK happens! It happens to every club at somepoint and it is never a welcome event. We are not right 100% of the time, but we always do our combined best to have quality races sites, to have the best racing program possible, to treat every driver with respect deserved and make sure they will come back and race with us again.

To sit behind your keyboards and publicly kick dirt in the face of another organization and to insinuate the lack of management skills or being unwilling and unable to complete a race schedule in a timely fashion is something I would not have expected from the Stock Chairman and the President of a great club like Michigan Hydroplane.

Brian Williams
            TRORA Referee and Board Member
            25yr TRORA member
            Brian 10s

Comment

Originally posted by Brian10s
              I***Ed & Kevin,
              I would really like to know where the two of you get the stones to knock any other club in anyway? ***
              Brian: Are you bating me? I told Dana I'd shut up. Ed.
              14-H

Comment

Chill...

Brain,
                Please re-read my posts. I don't see me criticizing TRORA. I was actually defending Dana (and his idea).

As the MHRA commodore, I welcome any constructive criticism or suggestions. There's aways room for improvement. But yes, I am bias - I feel MHRA races are run as well as any in the country. I know what our members say in our meetings about races and I have raced all over the country.

And you should know I mostly only posted to rip Ed - as I like to do at lunchtime for fun. Although he may admit to being the boatracing God, I know I am not. I personally could care less what you run. But some people sounded uninformed of Burlington. And I offered feedback for TRORA to get more future MI participation - sorry I assumed that might have been a TRORA goal.

Don't want opinions? - don't post on Hydroracer.
                kladd-

Comment

Working...
                X