Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Deal...BSR vs. DMR

OK....here's the plan.

We have room for 1 more class at Franklin. 1...not 2.

Deadline to get responses to me is May 11th. Either post here or email dholt@wkrc.com.

Whichever class can GUARANTEE the most boats (5 minimum) will be added to Franklin.

That's at least 5 boats racing each day.

No backing out...no maybe...no excuses.

TRORA will not get burned by this. If we add a class and 5 aren't racing each day....no more favors...no more even listening to favors. Stand up and be accounted for.

Ante up boys. Which class wants to race?

Dana

Dmr

Originally posted by dholt
    OK....here's the plan.

We have room for 1 more class at Franklin. 1...not 2.

Deadline to get responses to me is May 11th. Either post here or email dholt@wkrc.com.

Whichever class can GUARANTEE the most boats (5 minimum) will be added to Franklin.

That's at least 5 boats racing each day.

No backing out...no maybe...no excuses.

TRORA will not get burned by this. If we add a class and 5 aren't racing each day....no more favors...no more even listening to favors. Stand up and be accounted for.

Ante up boys. Which class wants to race?

Dana
    I already replied that Don Rusnak will be there running a DMR if the classs is on. From what I was told is that there are 5 not counting Don. Need to know shortly so plan can be made if on the schudual. Don is not new to racing but new to Western Pa. and has a new Merc engine and Franklyn was to be the first race on it....Bob N-96

Comment

Didn't know BSR was a question...

Darren and I have been kicking around coming out, if there is a need for two more, we could be persuaded. AJ, will you have your motor by then? Hey Andy and Jesse, how about you guys? Dana and Ed, I'm sure your motors will already be there. Keep the votes coming so we can make arrangements...
      Greg
      Future J dad!

Comment

May 11th is the deadline...that's when APBA has to be informed which class is being added.

Let's hear it....FIRM committments.

A crew from Michigan wants to bring 4 DMR's. A New Yorker says he's got one. Steve Johnson from Minnesota has one and expressed interest.

BSR...I'm there. That's 1. Who else is FIRM?

Comment

Pick this; pick that

Dana: first, you can't count on the numbers you get from the internet. Second: why not put both of them on and run them together, or run BSR with BMR? Last time I checked, TRORA wasn't in a position to be turning entries away. Ed.
          14-H

"That is NOT why people hate me." - 14-H.

Comment

50% chance

I have a lot of variables,out of my hands, to deal with plus 1000 miles one way.
            Best I can commit to is 50% chance I'll even be there.
            I'll do all I can to get there if the thing I bought can get there as well.
            I will keep posted.
            I tend to agree with ED on this one. I don't think ANY club is in the position of turning away entries. BAD policy. Three show, run em with something. However not my call and thank you for entertaining my request.
            Steve

Comment

Ed,

Funny, I don't recall seeing you at any of our TRORA club meetings.

How is it you are in a place to determine what position we are in regarding entries/classes/how we run our races?

And last time I checked, 5 litre hydro wasn't on the Dayton schedule. Why not? I'm sure someone might show up and run it.

Dana

Comment

You Go Dana !!

Have you read the post about 'families in power'? Apparently, they know everything. See the "Please read very interesting" post. (I think 14-H may fall into this category.)

MHRA has had to limit classes. Sure, you may lose 2 entries, but the people that attend come back the next year - and bring more people. A shorter schedule makes for 2 heats of racing & more social time. It makes for an event people want to attend. I think TRORA is on the right track...

Replies are in... 6 DMR's - 1 BSR.
                The BSR fraternity is very loyal to Burlington.
                Isn't it a no brainer ?
                kladd-

Comment

Ed,

Funny, I don't recall seeing you at any of our TRORA club meetings.

How is it you are in a place to determine what position we are in regarding entries/classes/how we run our races?

And last time I checked, 5 litre hydro wasn't on the Dayton schedule. Why not? I'm sure someone might show up and run it.

Dana
                  Dana: 1) Yeah, I'll fit that in between everything else I do for Stock Outboarding that has nothing to do with my own equipment; 2) I actually go to TRORA races (at least 50% of them). I notice you didn't say I was wrong. 3) If we put 5 litre hydro on, that would require divers and would cost the club more money. We do put ALL stock, ALL mod and ALL J classes along with OSY 400 and J Pro on at Dayton and always manage to get all of the classes run.

Your turn. Ed.
                  14-H

Comment

just a thought...

...someone else might know how to do something better than you, ed.
                    [i know this is incomprehensible for you]

dayton is a long day, too much work, and not much fun. i stopped going (years before i got the 45).
                    kladd-

Comment

Stay on Subject

I'll fight till my fingers bleed on this topic...so hang in there.

I respect all that you have worked for and accomplished in SO. Pretty sure you know that. But that's got NOTHING to do with suggesting how our club runs our races.

Do you think Dayton is the model of excellence in the world of Stock/Mod racing? Let me fill you in on something...it's not. God bless you for busting your tail there...I appreciate it and so do all that attend. I know what it takes. I live it just like you. It's a good event and one many look forward to.

But this just in....it's not a lot of fun racing till 7pm...or waking up at 6am to get racing at sunrise.

TRORA runs 4 races a year. Think we want to run ourselves ragged from dawn till dusk 4 times? Think officials find that appealing and are jumping at the chance to do that 4 times a year? Think that's in the best interest of boat racing? Think guys want to drive home 7 hours after leaving the pits at 8pm? Think getting those patrol drivers for the last set is a peach? Think driving the club van home 6 hours is a ball when you leave at 8pm or later Sunday night? Think that attracts guys to join this sport? I don't.

If that's how you choose to do things...that's your call.

By the way...have you noticed the schedules at Millville, Constantine, Wilson, NC, Grass Lake? See every stock and mod class on there? Have you questioned all those race committees publicly or privately for their decisions?

Comment

Originally posted by race4kaos
                        ...someone else might know how to do something better than you, ed.
                        [i know this is incomprehensible for you]

dayton is a long day, too much work, and not much fun. i stopped going (years before i got the 45).
                        Kevin: 1) Maybe so; apparently, however, I'm not allowed to have an opinion unless I go to the club meetings. I see that you agree with that position. 2) Interesting that Dayton entries have increased steadily every year, with one exception in 2000, since I took over from Fred Miller in 1997 even though you don't come any more. I appreciate that Dayton's race days are long, so are TRORAs.

I've heard your position, considered it, and still think I'm right. I appreciate very well that neither TRORA, nor Dana, has to listen to anything I have to say. Doesn't bother me at all. But, in this case, that "someone", is not you. That's just my opinion, though.

Have a nice afternoon. Ed.
                        14-H

Comment

*** Have you questioned all those race committees publicly or privately for their decisions?
                          Dana: I will try to stay on subject. I was only offering a suggestion along with an observation. The suggestion doesn't cost the club any more time, effort or money. Nevertheless, that doesn't mean you or anybody else has to follow my suggestion.

You invited input; I know the input I provided was not exactly what you were looking for, but you did ask for public input about the running of the race. I'm sorry it rubbed you the wrong way. That was not my intent.

Quite frankly, from my own personal perspective, I hope you don't get to run BSR in Franklin. With my SO Chairman hat on, however, I disagree with my other self. Good luck at the race. Ed.
                          14-H

Comment

I respect all that you have worked for and accomplished in SO. Pretty sure you know that. But that's got NOTHING to do with suggesting how our club runs our races.****
                            Dana: I was only mentioning this in the context that there is no way I could attend TRORA club meetings if I wanted to. My wife thinks I should stop racing for a year, as it is, to finish the room she wants remodeled. I wasn't pounding my chest. Ed.
                            14-H

Comment

Your opinion...

... in this case is just that. Luckily, Dana has the right opinion and is in charge of this race. I know you will always think you are right. But I'm pretty sure people go home from MHRA races having had fun. So you are right, that "someone" is not me... alone. It is all the people involved in putting on an MHRA race.

ps. Let me know if you're looking for someone to pound on your chest - I know a guy. [This is a joke - please don't sue me].

Dana, sorry to get off subject...
                              I am of the opinion that the fewer classes TRORA race, that more boats would [eventually] come down from MI.
                              kladd-

Comment

Working...
                              X