Region 7 and 8 guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AOFoffice
    I think we would have enough boats to make a race. After all, besides an ambulance all we need for an AOF race is $200 for ).
    However, the problem comes to having equipment to run the race. Some of us in region 8 who used to put on races (and I am talking about the Payn's), decided we were too big for our britches and we were super stars so we started travelling and not supporting local races. Since we were very active in putting races on in this area, and since we were not supporting local racing, the equipment, along with the racing, went to heck. That is the Iowa side of the story. I believe that the same thing pretty much happended on the MN side of region 8 also.
    I talked with Steve Johnson the other day about equipment, and neither of us seem to have any. Need a clock, flags, rescue boat, etc. This is not going to be an easy undertaking, building back the local racing. Once it is gone, it is pretty hard to get back. Sure hope others learn from my mistakes and try to keep their local racing alive.
    Connie
    "don't invite Darren, he thinks the insurance isn't any good"...........

I did not say that..................but fine, don't invite me...........
    Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Darren,
      Nope, your're invited! And if the job doesn't work out in Washington, you got a place in the midwest. I have extra rooms and am a good cook. Tempting?
      lol You will just have to help Mark with this racing stuff.
      Connie

Comment

Darren,
        Nope, your're invited! And if the job doesn't work out in Washington, you got a place in the midwest. I have extra rooms and am a good cook. Tempting?
        Connie
        I got room at my place too. But he would like your cooking. Mine sucks.

Boy this deal could be great! We got lot's of lakes. Also alot of boat owners that don't work on there own stuff. I know places that need machanics. Would you work on ATV's and Smowmobiles in the winter?

Mark
        Mark
        G-11
        125H
        When the green flag drops, the bull**** stops!!!!!!!!!!!
        Keep'em Sunny Side Up Boy's!

[

Comment

Darren,
          Connie
          sheew!!!! I was getting' to think everyone hates me! As to Mark, he has one of those slow as hell POS Dawecrafts that everyone says, so does need help....................just kiddin' Mark, show them who's boss!!!! Dawecrafts rule!
          Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Ain't Happenin' !!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Lights
            I got room at my place too. But he would like your cooking. Mine sucks.

Boy this deal could be great! We got lot's of lakes. Also alot of boat owners that don't work on there own stuff. I know places that need machanics. Would you work on ATV's and Smowmobiles in the winter?

Mark
            no way could I live in a place that is frozen and snowy half the frikkin' year!!
            Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mercguy
              sheew!!!! I was getting' to think everyone hates me! As to Mark, he has one of those slow as hell POS Dawecrafts that everyone says, so does need help....................just kiddin' Mark, show them who's boss!!!! Dawecrafts rule!

I'll give then B&H's a run for the money in the secound heat of CSH at Burlington. To dam bad I got to come in last in the first heat.

Mark
              Last edited by Lights; 04-15-2006, 03:13 PM.
              Mark
              G-11
              125H

[

Comment

no way could I live in a place that is frozen and snowy half the frikkin' year!!
                Hey we got hydro racing during the winter. It is call water skips. We use snowmobile's and skip them across the open water areas to see who can go the farthest.
                Mark
                G-11
                125H

[

Comment

that's OK.......

I'll geve then B&H's a run for the money in the secound heat of CSH at Burlington. To dam bad I got to come in last in the first heat.

Mark
                  maybe half of them will jump the gun and you win the second heat! Give em' hell anyways! Who runs CSH in that Burlington crowd?????
                  Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

maybe half of them will jump the gun and you win the second heat! Give em' hell anyways! Who runs CSH in that Burlington crowd?????
                    I have no clue but I was told they have plenty of CSH and OSY entries. sssssh don't tell them but my secound entry will be in OSY
                    Mark
                    G-11
                    125H

[

Comment

I have no clue but I was told they have plenty of CSH and OSY entries. sssssh don't tell them but my secound entry will be in OSY
                      OSY "chop you off" 400..........yikes!!!
                      Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

a bigger threat!!!!!

I'll give then B&H's a run for the money in the secound heat of CSH at Burlington. To dam bad I got to come in last in the first heat.

Mark
                        I would be worried more about those Pavlick hydros!!! Seems that guy knows how to build a fast boat too..................
                        Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

I have another great site in mind. It would be 20 minutes from St. Paul. It is a protected bay on the St. Croix river right in down town Hudson WI. It would be visible from HWY 94. If you wanted something to food or something to drink . Main street would only be 1 block from the pits. It does not get any better than this site. Now who would come?

Check out this race site. http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...te=WI&zipcode= You will need to zoom in.

There are island between the dead end of Walnut Street And the RR bridge. The islands are used for camping by the boaters on the weekends. The clock and stectator area could be on Walnut St. The pits would be were Vine St. ends. It is a public beach. Beach house with vending included.

Franks, S&J. Johnson, J. Neises, Tippy, and all you other Midwest guy's. What do you think? Let,s have a club meeting soon.

Mark
                          OK can we get back to the who would come and what do you think of the Hudson site? A link to a mapquest map of the Hudson site is posted in the quote above I will add some photos soon
                          Mark
                          G-11
                          125H

[

Comment

Csh...

Kargus, Jr Jr Allen, Hemp, Burdick....to name a few. You need to bring your "A" game when coming to the Midwest!
                            17W

"You gotta do the work"- Pop Trolian

Comment

Midwest

CSH, Just try any class in the midwest. You can get your 15 race days plus in and if you can come away with a National High Point Champ, you've done something.
                              Ditto on Brent!!

Nuff said!

Warbs
                              64*W

Comment

OK you Cheese Heads

Listen up to this Mud duck for a minute. Would you come to a race put on by Midwest? I have a great site picket out. It is in your state. It would be in Hudson.

I have pictures that I took today of the site. Who can resize them so they can be posted?
                                Mark
                                G-11
                                125H

[

Comment

Working...
                                X