Region 7 and 8 guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Region 7 and 8 guys

Region 7 and 8 guys and all the others. Who would come to a AOF race up here 15 Minutes from St.Paul MN? It would be on a lake that would be nearly impossible to get blown off. In a park, with on site camping and a man made lake for the kids to swim in. I'm just doing some fishing for participants at this point!

Mark
    Last edited by Lights; 04-14-2006, 03:56 PM.
    Mark
    G-11
    125H
    When the green flag drops, the bull**** stops!!!!!!!!!!!
    Keep'em Sunny Side Up Boy's!

[

No one wants to come to MN to race? I know the local club guys would show up. But thats not enough to pursue this. Is it to far to travel for you guy's in regoin 7?

Mark
    Mark
    G-11
    125H

[

Comment

Hey , Iights,

Get a hold of the Francks in your area, i beleive they'll have ideas, keep up the good work.
      Richard F.
      RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

I think we would have enough boats to make a race. After all, besides an ambulance all we need for an AOF race is $200 for insurance and $60 for the sanction. (don't invite Darren, he thinks the insurance isn't any good).
        However, the problem comes to having equipment to run the race. Some of us in region 8 who used to put on races (and I am talking about the Payn's), decided we were too big for our britches and we were super stars so we started travelling and not supporting local races. Since we were very active in putting races on in this area, and since we were not supporting local racing, the equipment, along with the racing, went to heck. That is the Iowa side of the story. I believe that the same thing pretty much happended on the MN side of region 8 also.
        I talked with Steve Johnson the other day about equipment, and neither of us seem to have any. Need a clock, flags, rescue boat, etc. This is not going to be an easy undertaking, building back the local racing. Once it is gone, it is pretty hard to get back. Sure hope others learn from my mistakes and try to keep their local racing alive.
        Connie

Comment

Got Stuff

We Got Equipt Tr in the backyard. Got stuff just need to dig it out. MY wife says so. a good aftrenoon and we could go.need lights to tow it.

Comment

OK I could tow it. We will just need some bunks on top. How are the tires and plywood? Let's get it dug out and see if it is worth refurbishing it. I also have my little enclosed trailer I could put bunks on. If the equipment would fit inside. We all have buddies with possible tow boats. I know my uncle that use to race would run a turn judge/tow boat. If I asked him along with my dad. They both have boats that they could use for this.

I know one thing we need to do is build are club even if we run with the OPC club.

Mark.
            Mark
            G-11
            125H

[

Comment

Hey, Steve NBRA.

Is happenning, post , cause i know been to warm for fires this year, Allen is the name , knows Jimmie Homfeld , can't get know better than that?
              RichardF.
              RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

Originally posted by AOFoffice
                I think we would have enough boats to make a race. After all, besides an ambulance all we need for an AOF race is $200 for insurance and $60 for the sanction. (don't invite Darren, he thinks the insurance isn't any good).
                However, the problem comes to having equipment to run the race. Some of us in region 8 who used to put on races (and I am talking about the Payn's), decided we were too big for our britches and we were super stars so we started travelling and not supporting local races. Since we were very active in putting races on in this area, and since we were not supporting local racing, the equipment, along with the racing, went to heck. That is the Iowa side of the story. I believe that the same thing pretty much happended on the MN side of region 8 also.
                I talked with Steve Johnson the other day about equipment, and neither of us seem to have any. Need a clock, flags, rescue boat, etc. This is not going to be an easy undertaking, building back the local racing. Once it is gone, it is pretty hard to get back. Sure hope others learn from my mistakes and try to keep their local racing alive.
                Connie
                Choice was't hard for me , geography was important, as where one is, only thing deciding factor was, kneeldown OB racing is a thing that can't be changed , or added to, sorry that, how i feel.
                I guess it's just traditional, personly i think, anything diff. than 35"x35"and not flat is wrong , on the bottum , i mean.

That,s how far back i go.
                Richard
                RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

Count me in...

If there's gonna be other DSH's. I think I could make it. My wife would insist I take her to the Mall of America in Bloomington afterwords. So if I promise her that, I can get her support. And what more does a married man need?
                  Last edited by jeff55v; 05-28-2007, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Hey Jeff thanks for showing interest in this possible race. That is a nice picture of the kid. Hopefully the DSH thing would be settled by then. Our club is mostly DSH (Merc) and DMH guy's. What we need is some ASH/ASR and CSH/CSR. We combine some of the 2 cylinders together. Depending on how many boats show up.
                    Last edited by Lights; 04-15-2006, 07:19 AM.
                    Mark
                    G-11
                    125H

[

Comment

What you need at this point is anything and everything that will show and make a race for them.

Comment

Originally posted by YankeeRacing
                        What you need at this point is anything and everything that will show and make a race for them.

Yes you are correct Connie. We need them ALL!

Come on you guy's in SE WI. I know your out there. Step up and be counted. We come down there.
                        Mark
                        G-11
                        125H

[

Comment

Mark,
                          The fact that you mentioned running the race AOF will keep some people away. They don't know why they'll stay away, they just will. Not the correct letters.
                          Maybe the fact that Rochelle, IL and all of the DePue races (Stock,mod and pro) are co hosted with AOF this year might make a little difference.
                          Hopefully AOF can do our part in building back the Midwest club. Since expenses are so much less, we can put more in our treasury to make future races APBA. Whatever works for the sport.
                          Connie

Comment

Originally posted by AOFoffice
                            Mark,
                            The fact that you mentioned running the race AOF will keep some people away. They don't know why they'll stay away, they just will. Not the correct letters.
                            Maybe the fact that Rochelle, IL and all of the DePue races (Stock,mod and pro) are co hosted with AOF this year might make a little difference.
                            Hopefully AOF can do our part in building back the Midwest club. Since expenses are so much less, we can put more in our treasury to make future races APBA. Whatever works for the sport.
                            Connie

My thoughts exactly.
                            Mark
                            G-11
                            125H

[

Comment

Another Great Race Site.

I have another great site in mind. It would be 20 minutes from St. Paul. It is a protected bay on the St. Croix river right in down town Hudson WI. It would be visible from HWY 94. If you wanted something to food or something to drink . Main street would only be 1 block from the pits. It does not get any better than this site. Now who would come?

Check out this race site. http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...te=WI&zipcode= You will need to zoom in.

There are island between the dead end of Walnut Street And the RR bridge. The islands are used for camping by the boaters on the weekends. The clock and stectator area could be on Walnut St. The pits would be were Vine St. ends. It is a public beach. Beach house with vending included.

Franks, S&J. Johnson, J. Neises, Tippy, and all you other Midwest guy's. What do you think? Let,s Have a club meeting soon.

Mark
                              Last edited by Lights; 04-15-2006, 02:49 PM.
                              Mark
                              G-11
                              125H

[

Comment

Working...
                              X