Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waterford, Ont Roll Call

Hey all,

As race director for Waterford, Ont on June 24 - 25. I wanted to get a roll call started and get some feedback. I spoke with Mr Webster this AM and he informs me that fees this year are 25.00 per day per vehicle.

We have a full Schedule of course including SO, MOD and most likely OSY as well. We are trying this year as well to bring back the FE Runabouts V-bottoms they have approached us and have about 12 boats lined up which should be a fun deal..

No ambulance problems this year our on-site ambulance will be there to start running at Sun Up Saturday morning.. I would like to be on the water for 9:00 am saturday and Sunday...

So it will be a good time it always is.. So we have to supply our own entertainment this year so I guess it will be me on guitar and Randy Dodd on the spoons.. LOL..

JSH
    JSR
    ASH
    ASR
    AXSH
    AXSR
    BCDNH
    BCDNR
    BMH
    25SSH - 8 my count right now
    25SSR
    CSH
    CSR
    CMH
    CSH
    DCDN Hydro - 8 my count right now Classic D / Super Thunderbolt Class
    DSH - 7 my count right now
    DSR
    DMH - 7 my count right now forgot the two OMC twins.
    DMR
    FEH
    FER
    OSY
    20SSH

So chime in and let us know, If I forgot a class let me know.. These are the usuals anyhow.

Regards,
    Last edited by crankbearing; 04-10-2006, 10:12 AM.
    Dave Scott
    Aim Marine Inc.
    613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
    Ottawa, Canada
    http://stores.ebay.com/Aim-Outboard-Recyclers
    DS(M)H - 20CE

Parker Robb Rcaing will be there with 2 BMH 1 CMH 2 DMH 2 FEH
    7-M

Comment

team gt speed count us in 1cmh,1csh and 1cmr. pemberton racing 72n+74n
      PEMBERTON RACING
      CSH 72N

Comment

I'll be there Friday morning hopefully... ASH, ASR and a push boat for the "pro" division

We might have a 4 piece band... discussing more at the Waterford race planning meeting tomorrow.
        CONFIRMED! Live band on Saturday night at the race site!

We've lined up a Jet ski with driver for towing people in and also dedicated drivers for the two turn boats.

Trophies for J's 1-2-3

Part of the Meals on Wheels Charity Race Series... Been a little since I checked but I think the pot is at about $1400.
        Last edited by Andrew 4CE; 04-18-2006, 01:09 PM.
        Fralick Racing
        Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Comment

Cool

OH Ya,

I will also have a C-mod MERC there as well as John Greer..and maybe Mike Rorke too..

Hey Joe! you gonna take the right HWY This time - LOL....

Hey Jimmy it will be good to see you again it's been a couple years.. We'll have to share a cold one or two for Ron.

Regards,
          Dave Scott
          Aim Marine Inc.
          613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
          Ottawa, Canada
          DS(M)H - 20CE

Comment

I haven't been to Waterford in a couple of years so I was wondering, for those of us crossing the border, if we would need a passport or something similar? When I used to come up to Dunnville, I never needed a passport but times have changed, especially with the tightened security of our borders. I do remember one year when traveling to Dunnville, I had a letter written by either TORC or CBF stating that we were traveling into Canada to participate in boat races, and it made crossing the border a little easier. Thanks.
            Joe Silvestri
            CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
            JH/JR

Comment

Nope, Currently you don't need a passport to get into Canada from the USA if you're a US born citizen. If you have one, good idea to use it though. You do need proof of who you are. Two pieces of important ID, one being photo ID (drivers license and birth certificate are generally used)

Nothing has changed at borders since Waterford started to my knowledge.

More info here though:
              http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/index.html

I don't think we've been sending out letters for a couple years. I usually just carry the race sanction with me when going to the USA races. Never had a problem. I can mention the letter at the meeting tomorrow.
              Last edited by Andrew 4CE; 04-10-2006, 11:56 AM.
              Fralick Racing

Comment

Well guys our team won't be able to make it this year as Jonathan graduates from High School that weekend, so we won't be able to get there. Plus both sets of Grandparents have already emphasized that going to a boat race is not an option that weekend

Comment

Just to clarify... I believe it's $25 per night... not per day, and should get you a real camp site should you want it. A day pass is only $8 per car load (for the people going to hotels). These are standard park fees at all the Conservation parks in the region. These fees give you (and spectators) in and out privledges. They wouldn't budge on the rates for this year. The club gets nothing from the fees. But we get to you this great location! I believe this is still lower than the fees we've been charged in the past.

For those that have never been here, it's a great little park. We run a triangular shaped course. It's a private lake with no boats allowed noramlly. Beach or grass pits, your pick. Good fishing/swimming afterwards. Play ground for the kids. Washrooms. I compare it to Franklin, PA only everything is a little smaller.
                  Last edited by Andrew 4CE; 04-10-2006, 12:52 PM.
                  Fralick Racing

Comment

I'll be there with 1 BCNDH, 1 20ssh, and 1 CSH.
                    Spencer Utman #16CE

Comment

Most -- FUN -- race site always!!!!!!!---------"A" ?

For sure;
                      25MOD/B-MOD?----22 OMC
                      25SSH---25XS

Time permitting, will also bring;
                      C-MOD --Merc.
                      OSY-400------202D
                      A-MOD/BSH/B-Canadian? (or what ever)--- if ya need another rig! ---22/OMC-stock/closed-up

19P
                      Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 04-18-2006, 03:22 AM.
                      100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

passports

Originally posted by jsilvestri
                        I haven't been to Waterford in a couple of years so I was wondering, for those of us crossing the border, if we would need a passport or something similar? When I used to come up to Dunnville, I never needed a passport but times have changed, especially with the tightened security of our borders. I do remember one year when traveling to Dunnville, I had a letter written by either TORC or CBF stating that we were traveling into Canada to participate in boat races, and it made crossing the border a little easier. Thanks.
                        Hey Joe,

I think the passports are more required for you going home not coming in to Canada. I have never used one either but I am thinking I will get mine this year.

Regards,
                        Dave Scott
                        Aim Marine Inc.
                        613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
                        Ottawa, Canada
                        DS(M)H - 20CE

Comment

You don't need a passport going either way if you are a US born citizen...

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/va...entary_req.xml

No worries people! Come up and join the party!! EH!

Dang word filter! Copy and paste this but remove the quotes

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/vacation/kbyg/do"c"u"m"ents_req.xml

If you can ge to the link, you'll see you don't need a passport going over land borders until Jan 1, 2008.
                          Last edited by Andrew 4CE; 07-05-2006, 09:45 AM.
                          Fralick Racing

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm going to see if I can fit this one in my schedule this summer. Its a great place, fun race course and a really good time. If I can make it, I will have (1) CSH, (1) 20ssH, and (1) CSR
                            Joe Silvestri
                            CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
                            JH/JR

Comment

werners will be there jsh jsr and possibly axsr if there is enough

mike werener

Comment

Working...
                              X