HRL To Bring Outboard back to Quebec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HRL To Bring Outboard back to Quebec

I’m really excited to see that the hrl is bringing a junior program to Quebec next year. This can only do good things for the growth of the sport.
    Anybody know of any kids that are signed up? I’ve heard there are 8 confirmed Already with boats on order!

https://regatesvalleyfield.com/en/la...sol-quebecois/

Originally posted by Albert View Post
    I’m really excited to see that the hrl is bringing a junior program to Quebec next year. This can only do good things for the growth of the sport.
    Anybody know of any kids that are signed up? I’ve heard there are 8 confirmed Already with boats on order!

https://regatesvalleyfield.com/en/la...sol-quebecois/
    Really good news…Especially when there are already 8 getting ready to go…
    sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

It really is Dean, great exposure and if some racers from Quebec get on board it will be good for both the SSOA club and the Toronto club.

Just imagine being a 12 year old kid and getting to race at Valleyfield!

Comment

It really is Dean, great exposure and if some racers from Quebec get on board it will be good for both the SSOA club and the Toronto club.

Just imagine being a 12 year old kid and getting to race at Valleyfield!
        You have that right. Looks like Canada has the right idea. Do they run any of the Tunnel Boat classes?

sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

At Valleyfield they run 2.5 up to GP boats, Jersey speed skiffs and vintage as well. I've only been able to attend once but its a massive event. I believe it's the largest hydroplane event on the east coast of north America (may even be bigger than seafair but I would have to see the numbers).

Comment

At Valleyfield they run 2.5 up to GP boats, Jersey speed skiffs and vintage as well. I've only been able to attend once but its a massive event. I believe it's the largest hydroplane event on the east coast of north America (may even be bigger than seafair but I would have to see the numbers).
            Don’t forget the San Diego Bayfair unlimited race.

sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

San Diego Bay Fair attendance according to their website is about 70k.

Seattle Sea Fair boasts having “touched” over 2M with their even over the years…kind of an odd metric.

Valleyfield website claims their event brings in about 130k visitors yearly…having been once I can believe their numbers.

Has there ever been an outboard race viewed by that big a live audience?

Comment

San Diego Bay Fair attendance according to their website is about 70k.

Seattle Sea Fair boasts having “touched” over 2M with their even over the years…kind of an odd metric.

Valleyfield website claims their event brings in about 130k visitors yearly…having been once I can believe their numbers.

Has there ever been an outboard race viewed by that big a live audience?
                Possibly in the past at the Miami Marine Stadium (Florida) or the Long Beach Marine Stadium (California). Our Seattle Outboard race at Green Lake years ago I know would have several thousand around the lake watching.

sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

I forgot about Miami marine stadium, I have watched old videos of races there.

Maybe the better question is, has a live audience ever watched a jsh race?

Regardless I’m excited to see what happens. I already know what J driver I’ll be rooting for!

Comment

I forgot about Miami marine stadium, I have watched old videos of races there.

Maybe the better question is, has a live audience ever watched a jsh race?

Regardless I’m excited to see what happens. I already know what J driver I’ll be rooting for!
                    They run JSH at the Seattle Seafair race…. They have for a number of years now.

sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

I can’t find any posted numbers on sea fairs ticket sales or attendance. While it looks like Valleyfield has been growing for years(COVID excluded.

Safe to say it will be the most watched live outboard hydro race in Canada…possibly in North America. Possibly ever ?

Comment

As I understand it, there are boats to be constructed, but there are problems finding complete motors!

Comment

As I understand it, there are boats to be constructed, but there are problems getting complete motors!

Comment

Originally posted by Harold8 View Post
                            As I understand it, there are boats to be constructed, but there are problems getting complete motors!
                            From what I have heard it is difficult to come by lower units right now for the 15hp motors.

Comment

Originally posted by Harold8 View Post
                              That problem extends to what? 3 different engines, OMC, Merc and SW because as of right now there is no gear foot being produced for any of these engines. SW LLC was producing the foot for all of them. As of right now everything is in limbo. Great way to promote a sport! What are those SW engines worth now? You can’t get critical parts like pistons, sleeves, ignition, you name it! They are not like the OMC and Merc where you can get everything except the foot and associated parts. Could you imagine what would happen if Yamato decided not to release engines anymore? It is certainly a future possibility because it is the race sites in Japan that now own the engines not Yamato. They, ie. Yamato have been around long enough now that aftermarket 80 and 102 parts have been produced. This whole deal with boat racing right now is bad and I do not see any discussion about how racing is moving into the future. How about moving to the off the self 4 stroke engines like the 15 and 20 hp merc with the stock foot. This outfit has Morse steering. It’s a rec boat but you get the picture. There is a lot more traffic on the Muskoka SeaFlea site than on the TORC site thats for sure! Get away from the specialized racing engines and gear foot. You could add a low water pickup nose cone on these engines and go faster than we are currently going with the racing foot.

Comment

Working...
                              X