Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZUL8TR
    commented on 's reply
    If that is a 302 and you kept with him for 3 laps you are doing well.
    Have you dumped the gear oil? Water, metal in it or clean? Clean is good!

• Albert
    replied
    D89DBD0B-191B-442A-BED9-FBFFBCA6FF8A.jpeg
    One more for kicks.

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    commented on 's reply
    7/8” below at 1* of tuck.
    Other boat was running a 302 I believe.

• ZUL8TR
    commented on 's reply
    Luc, Very nice action pic looks to be running well. What was the set up, prop height, tuck, etc? Is 26B running a 102 or 321?

• DeanFHobart
    replied
    Originally posted by Albert View Post

Thanks Dean,
    That was a smooth as the water got all day, but it was definitely the boat and I's best showing to date, really encouraging to see the motor and boat starting to come together.
    Always do lots of testing… then test some more.

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    replied
    Originally posted by DeanFHobart View Post

Cool…. Great job.
    Thanks Dean,
    That was a smooth as the water got all day, but it was definitely the boat and I's best showing to date, really encouraging to see the motor and boat starting to come together.

Leave a comment:

• DeanFHobart
    replied
    Originally posted by Albert View Post
    A nice picture taken by someone at the start finish line, we ran like this for 3 laps.]
    Cool…. Great job.

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    replied
    A nice picture taken by someone at the start finish line, we ran like this for 3 laps.
    3E91E8AB-E0D9-4B8C-902B-0EDAA8B5DECD.jpeg

Leave a comment:

• ZUL8TR
    commented on 's reply
    Luc
    Oh! I thought the scrap pile boat was a different one. The 75w- 90 good choice, let me know if any water or metal in the drain out
    Keep safe testing.

• Albert
    commented on 's reply
    Pete,
    The Bezoat still looks the same. I was so caught up in the day I didn't take a single picture. I'll get some from friends I'm sure and I'll post a couple up here.

I ran synthetic 75-90 gear oil and will change it between each use.
    Last edited by Albert; 08-15-2022, 04:20 AM.

• ZUL8TR
    commented on 's reply
    Sounds like coming along well. Post a pic of the scrap pile boat. On any gear case work with new bearings, etc after 1st use I check the oil condition to see of all well and no bad stuff like water and metal in the oil. What oil brand and weight gear oil did you use, full syn or other?

• Albert
    replied
    Local run was yesterday, we had an abundance of wind with white caps on the course for a good part of the day. Morning testing was ok.
    But when us bsh boats went out for a run a rookies driver flipped his boat trying to make it to the clock.

I made a few small changes to the set up but ultimately ran at 1” below to make sure I was getting lots of water. No cooling issues bites with the motor even on a 5 lap race. Still think there’s a little more power to be had but I was able to show that the boat is competitive when I had a deck to deck run for the lead for 3 laps with a much more experienced racer.

The basket case motor and scrap pile boat worked great. Now we need to work on the driver.

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    commented on 's reply
    I had not considered tuck affecting water pick up…another thing to look into.

Also I have the two mag locks on each side each held by two bolts. They don’t seem to me quite enough, we knocked the mag my accident and it moved after setting timing last time. I’m sure I can make what I have work.

• ZUL8TR
    commented on 's reply
    Luc TJ has mag locks, one on each side under the mag. When it comes to water feed pickup that unshaped foot could be a problem at the higher prop shaft heights as well as the transom angle and prop shaft level or kicked in.
    Happy testing
    Pete

• Albert
    replied
    Another piece fixed, time to fix a stripped out transom clamp. Then set timing and find a better way to lock the mag down. The two hold downs are not sufficient to hold it in place and the forward locking mechanism is MIA.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X