• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any good for our use cut socks

look at this
    https://shop.pomugrate.com/products/...kSOYXs-kmisdXc
    could we use these

At this point it's looking like any foot protection is better than nothing. I bought a pair of Bauer hockey socks made of Kevlar that protect the foot and ankle. No toe protection but a steel toe shoe takes care of that. For what ever reason they don't make these socks any more. Looks like the suppliers are going away from making cut protection suitable for racing, probably not enough money in it.

Comment

From the color this looks like Dynema rather than Kevlar. If so that would make them better, it is smoother to the touch, does not absorb water and is stronger.

Comment

Another option claimed to be cut level 5. https://www.amazon.com/GainzCity-Ult...s%2C219&sr=8-3

Comment

• j hydro racer
          j hydro racer commented
          Editing a comment
          A few members purchased these off amazon and when tested, the socks were able to be cut very easily.

Just be careful buying these kinds of items off Amazon, or Ebay, etc. Claiming something is a certain "cut level" can be meaningless unless it specifically states it meets ANSI/ISEA 105 standards. If it does not, then the "cut level" is arbitrary and can be to any "standard" the seller wants (i.e. none at all).

The following site has more info on what the ANSI/ISEA 105 standards mandate. I tried going directly to the ANSI website, but you have to be a member and pay $35 to download the full standard documentation.

https://cestusline.com/blogs/news/cu...vels-explained
        Dane Lance
        700-P
        CSH/500Mod

Comment

I ordered these before you guys warned me. I will see if I can cut one of them, but if not they sure are comfortable compared to Kevlar socks!
          John Adams

Comment

Guest replied

Today, 08:14 PM

I tried to cut the socks with a razor knife against a pine board. I couldn’t cut them with a force that would easily cut my hand. I did not put my full weight on them because I want to keep them for my grand kids. I have three different yellow Kevlar gloves and they are different thicknesses. There is quite a range in thickness and one would assume the thick ones are stronger. I also have 2 different thickness Dyneema gloves and the socks in question. These are grey and black speckled in color and the socks are in the middle as far as thickness goes. All these are reasonably soft. My grand kids do not like the gloves when racing. All these provide protection and the thick ones seem clearly better. I think the Commission worded it correctly saying you will have to wear socks made of a protective or cut resistant material. You decide how much your feet are worth. I tried to post photos but all I got was error messages.
            John Adams

Comment

mike, get hold of john mauck. he's been making them out of Kevlar sleeves for years. end up kinda like tube socks. a blast from the past.

frank Novotny
              52-E

Comment

For gloves, another site to check is "Hexarmor." They have gloves all the way up to ANSI/ISEA A9. I'm considering a pair that are rated at level A8 (they look like they'd be thin enough to be good for driving). Also, check the specifics on the gloves you are interested in as some have the cut protection in the palm area only (the tiny clickable coverage graphic in the lower left).

These are the ones I'm considering: https://www.hexarmor.com/products/ch...t-5-impact-360
                Dane Lance
                700-P
                CSH/500Mod

Comment

Working...
                X