Comfortable or Not??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comfortable or Not??

Lets say the Government opens up the country at the end of April, are you going to be comfortable or not going to gatherings (boat racing)??

Really would like to go. But I am not going to take a foolish chance. NBRA @ USTS have a big race scheduled for early June at Clarksville Ak. Hopefully a wise decision will be made. Be safe guys and gals !!!!

Comment

Not looking too promising at this point. HRL just cancelled their 2020 season.

Comment

Even if the Gubment opened everything up today business and local municipalities will have their hands full getting back to normal. Some won't come back at all so I doubt there will be any racing of any kind until 2021. Might as well make the best of a bad situation and get equipment ready for 2021. I thought I was out of the game altogether but I am going to try again in 2021. I'll be working on the boat this season, even testing it before Millville 2021.

Comment

Too soon to tell, at least for me. The problem with this is that various parts of the country are on different timetables for the virus to run its course. The challenge is that there will be states that will be relatively 'clear', while others will still be dealing with it. The virus knows no borders. The best analogy I've seen is that it's like swimming in a pool where there's a "peeing section."

With that in mind, do I feel like it's safe to cross country and attend a major event? Again, too soon to tell.

R-19
          www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

Patrick,

Good analogy. ‘Also, I don’t swim in your toilet, so please don’t pee in my pool’!!!
            sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Hoping this blows over so the SO/MOD/J Nationals are not cancelled.

Comment

As soon as they say go I'm ready to hit all Region 3 events. I was really on the fence about renewing my membership. But after a long talk with the wife I'm a 2020 member of the APBA

Comment

Had a good talk this weekend with the wife and are other two teams...keeping the motor home in storage, see you all next season, Stay safe!

Comment

Everyone needs to remember all that is involved in putting on a race. One of the biggest items is having a ambulance with EMT's. Having
                    them available will take a lot longer than just saying we are easing the restrictions.

Comment

That's a fair consideration. Come end of May or June, we might be ready to go racing, but medical service folks might not. I've already decided if Franklin race doesn't go at end of May, then I'm tearing into my boat to do some work on it I've been putting off.

I'm just hoping some of these recent drug tests will hold the key and start getting used on a widespread basis. That has the possibility to bring infection/lethal numbers way down pretty quickly.
                      Dane Lance
                      700-P
                      CSH/500Mod

Comment

jp183w brought up an excellent point I think a lot of folks are overlooking. Will, there be a jurisdiction in the entire country willing to have a rescue squad sitting at a boat race all-day in light of this. This could be a huge game-changer no matter how bad anyone wants to get back racing. What county in the entire country is going to tie up EMT's all day for a race? Also, how does a rescue squad return to a race site after transporting a possible Covid-19 patient to the ER this will be a huge game-changer.
                        HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

race course danville[2305843009214978761].pngAs one of the people who hosts the Danville IL APBA race on August 21-23. I predict this will be the first race of the year in our region sadly. Our version of the DNR will not release the lake until the governor of IL gives the all clear (Michigan will never race again, LOL). I need that form in 30 days before the event. APBA has date deadlines, insurance and notice needs to be given to the racers. We basically need 45-60 notice to race. Because we are planing for short notice and we get all of our paperwork in and ready we might shave it to 40 days. So that means we need the all clear by around July 5-10th to race at Danville. I hope this helps you plan your summer. I see testing in my future not racing.

Should I put Antiques on the schedule?
                          Last edited by brian; 04-14-2020, 09:36 AM.

Comment

• modsquad
                            modsquad commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Save it for next year! What a lot of people are forgetting is how many boat racers and family members are out of work right now, and are trying like hell to get unemployment checks! Lots of people have not seen the worst yet.
                            Last edited by modsquad; 04-14-2020, 11:44 AM.

While there will undoubtedly be some that have major life changes, many will not. Even if we do things on tighter budgets, every dollar we spend going to a boat race, vacation, visiting family and friends or whatever helps in a small way with the community it is spent in. If we all make the decision right now to effectively hibernate for a year while there is spin put out on everything we know and don't, we are all just adding to more people not having jobs. I am not saying that everyone should jump right back into life as it was, but if facts ever to come out and we truly know what is safe or not, I say we need to live like smart, liberty loving Americans. I hope this isn't taken as political, but just the fact that this country is made up of strong, willing citizens that I don't see being sidelined and watching our way of life evaporate before our eyes.

Steve

Comment

• modsquad
                            modsquad commented
                            Editing a comment
                            See you next year....God willing!

Well said Steve.

Comment

Working...
                          X