Ecuador

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Standard Class Rules

1st and 2nd place in the race were taken by standard class motors. That is motors with fat gearshift lowerunits! Equvilent to a 25XS, short tower and gear shift foot. They have thoes thing moving. 3rd place was a Yamato 302. Bob Williams was in 1st place in the racing class until he hit a board and bent his prop. 26 starters, 23 finishers. There was no entry fee, every driver got $80 apperance money, Bob and I had $20 decucted that went to the driver of the boat that towed us in. The Winner of the race got about $500.

Attached is a picture of Cesar Patino winner of the race. Ric Montoya is already in Seattle, the rest of us will be leaving about 5 hours. We all had a great time.

Darrell
    Attached Files

Comment

Here is a picture of the winning boat. His time from Guayquil to Vinces (63 miles) was 1 hour, 13 minutes, 10 sec. 25sx type Mercury with a standard gear-shift lowerunit.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks.

Thanks for the info.
        I think APBA needs some kind of driver exchange program. You know, like a student exchange thing. That way I...I mean some lucky driver... could go to a foreign country to experience a different culture of racing. And in exchange, we would have a guest driver from afar to show 'em how we do it.

Comment

VERY GOOD IDEA but there should be 2 at a time

Comment

An exchange program is already in the works!
            More to follow.
            Darrell

Comment

good try darrell ! 20 bucks to the tow boat driver,hope we don't start that up here becouse I MUST OWE 2000 GRAND BY NOW!!
              MARC
              Marc
              R-58
              vrp/sattler power

sigpic

Comment

Ecuador drivers comming to Top 'O

Originally posted by jeff55v
                Thanks for the info.
                I think APBA needs some kind of driver exchange program. You know, like a student exchange thing. That way I...I mean some lucky driver... could go to a foreign country to experience a different culture of racing. And in exchange, we would have a guest driver from afar to show 'em how we do it.

There is 7 or 8 people from Ecuador coming to The Marathon Nationals at Indian River Michigan. 4 of them plan to enter the race. I am looking for equipment for them to run. They are all in the 200# range, so what I am looking at is C Stock Runabout. If there is a Super Lite Tunnel driver that can use a deck rider, that would work also. Even you hydro drivers can help with loan of driving gear.
                They may be at the Stock-Mod nationals at Wakefield to watch, but they want to race Top 'O since that is more like their racing in Ecuador.
                Anyone who can help with equipment please call or email me.

Darrell Sorensen
                (559) 665-2690
                csr4c@jps.net

Comment

Being a part of history

Hello Darrel:
                  You already are part of the race Guayaquil - Vinces in Ecuador

On our web page which talks about the history of competition of Guayaquil -
                  Vinces says...

"At the beginning all people thought that the distance of the competition
                  was 55 miles, during the last decade they thought that it was 80 miles, but
                  in March of 2006 the north-american pilot Darrel Sorensen with the help of a
                  GPS system was able to discover that the real distance of the racer
                  "Guayaquil - Vinces" is 63 miles.

Darrel Sorensen as part of APBA -Region 11 came to Ecuador as member of USA
                  WEST-COAST team, and he was accompanied by Ric Montoya (Region 10) and Bob
                  Williams (Region 12) who participated in 50th regatas Guayaquil - Vinces
                  thanks to the initiative of the Dr. Rogger Moscoso - Vinces's pilot , with
                  the unconditional support of Dr. Robert Gilbert who is member of Guayas
                  Sport Federation."

http://vincesnautico.freeservers.com/gyevinces.html

Comment

Ok lets see...

Originally posted by CSR4C
                    Anyone who can help with equipment please call or email me.
                    O.k. since I agree, a driver exchange program would be cool. Let me see if I can help.
                    I'm a hydro driver from region 7. I don't plan to go to the top O. But I only have one set of kevlars and jacket. Exactly when will you need to borrow the stuff? And when could I expect it's return?
                    Darrell, will you accept responsibility for it's safe and timely return? If the date does not conflict with a date that I will need to use the stuff myself, and you can promise it's safe return, I will be happy to loan my stuff to an Equador driver.
                    BTW, I'm 5' 10" tall, 175lbs. to give an idea on this size of my stuff.

Comment

[QUOTE=jeff55v]O.k. since I agree, a driver exchange program would be cool. Let me see if I can help.
                      I'm a hydro driver from region 7. I don't plan to go to the top O. But I only have one set of kevlars and jacket. Exactly when will you need to borrow the stuff? And when could I expect it's return?

Thanks Jeff.
                      I will be at Wakefield pick them up when you are through racing. I would have someone deliver to you a Beloit 8-19.
                      You may consider finding a BIG runabout to mount that Tahatsu of yours on and enter DSR at Top 'O your self. Couldn't think of a better Lake Crusier than a 14' DeSilva / Tahatsu combo. 85 miles of racing over 2 days.
                      Darrell

Comment

It's a plan...

O.K. Darrell, sounds like a good plan. I'll be in touch as Wakefield approaches.
                        Maybe in 2007 I'll be ready for the Top O race myself. I'd love to give it a shot.

Comment

Catarama results April - 23

Catarama Ecuador April 23, 2006

CATEGORIA RACING
                          1-FELIPE ADELL F-22 TAMPICO
                          2-SERAFIN BAJAŅA 1-F CRISTIAN SALAZAR BOAT
                          3-ROGERS MOSCOSO F-72 MONICA
                          4-JUAN CORNEJO F-5 PILSENER
                          5-JOAQUIN MORAN
                          6-CARLOS TORRES F-25 KARLA

CATEGORIA STANDARD
                          1-CESAR PATIŅO C-20 PANCHITO
                          2-GEORGE TENORIO F-5 HILDA
                          3- ABEL MIELES F-257
                          4-BERNABE CEREZO $00 SU FERRETERIA

They run about 2 mile laps in the Ecuador closed course racing. 3 heats each class.
                          F-22 is an ex- David Dewald Austin. Mercury 25xs with OMC A 14:19 gearcase. F-5 has the same set up for an engine. 1-F and F-72 are Yamato 302s. 1-F has a 75 hp merc carb. on the Yamato. Joaquin Moran is also using a 302. Most all are using megaphones, I don't think they gain much speed. They like the noise.
                          I think their parity committee has it figured out!

Felipe Adell, Rogers Moscoso, Cesar Patino and George Tenorio will be racing in the Top 'O Michigan marathon Aug. 12-13.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X