Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tabor City vs. Wimps (Save Local Boat Racing!!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a couple more thoughts on this issue. Has there been a dimensional analysis done of the Tabor race venue compared to others? In other words, is this a real space issue, or truly a personal preference of the only dozen or so drivers who seem to have an problem. Another thought to consider: The shortened milling/turn-around area may actually be safer than not. Because the run at the clock is limited to probably about 15-18 seconds max, the likelihood of hitting top speed early goes way down. On a course like Jesup where a much longer run can be made, everyone is going faster and therefore high speed accidents are more likely. Another note: I don't recall there ever being incidents in the time leading up to the start, when the drivers are turning and making their approach. If I understand correctly it is this feature in particular which has gotten drivers opposed to this venue for Winter Nationals. I only recall a few times drivers going outside the outside course markers here, mostly big mod classes, and not often. Never any safety issues. As others have noted we have had full or near full fields in our biggest, fastest, and most competitive classes. As far as running abbreviated fields, I personally wouldn't feel cheated by, say a ten boat race. Although I don't think it is necessary, it would alleviate some boat density. Less than that, I would start to agree with Eric, too small to feel like the racing we are used to.

​Finally, to the Stock Commissioners: When y'all meet on this, I just urge you to consider the bigger picture here. This is bigger than one race site. Consider the direction we are taking the sport. Do we want to limit ourselves in a time when it is already hard enough to find good race sites? And consider the reality. Is this really about safety? Where is the proof? Week in and week out I see more wrecks on big race courses then on little ones. I see drivers who use their heads when it gets rough and race with caution. In clean water, on a long run, we see dummies peel over backwards looking at the floorboards. Think about it, you all see this too, I know it. The answer is clear: Back off, turn the wheel, lean, lean ,lean, and you will come out going the other way. No problem, just a boat race, y'all.
    Ryan Runne
    9-H
    Wacusee Speedboats
    ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

I invite all the Wimps and Macho racers to come race with us in Region 7 this summer!

Comment

My thoughts on Tabor, it's the " track too tough to tame ". It's the Darlington of boat racing.

I would wager that I have won more CSR races on that course than anyone. That being said, it's a love, hate relationship. Even front water is rough.
        Is it the perfect place for 12 stockers to make the first turn? Well? That's where the debate is. We ran 11, 500MR's there in 2012. I was one of four that finished both heats.

Either I'm really lucky, really good or just plain stupid. Hmm, maybe all three.

Tim
        Tim Weber

Comment

I have never raced at tabor but wasn't the site used for several years for the winter nationals when the water level at Jessup was too low to race? please correct me if I'm wrong. if it is true then why is there a problem now with tabor hosting? just my two cents

​frank Novotny
          52-E

Comment

Frank go to post 3.2 and read very carefully and you will find your answer. If not give me a call and I will explain it to you. Steve

Comment

It's good to see a difference of opinion expressed in a civil, polite and constructive manner.
              Twisted Sister

Comment

Working...
              X