No announcement yet.

Runabouts vs. Wimps (Save BSR!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope no one was offended by my previous posting. (I notice none of the 'wimps' stood up and spoke.) It was directed at none in particular. It is the side-fin I resent, and no person. (Just so y'all know.)

​[This is me drunk posting, these days. The other was sober. Oh, how times have changed.]

​Peace, y'all...
    Ryan Runne
    9-H
    Wacusee Speedboats
    ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

• Howie Nichols
      Howie Nichols commented
      Editing a comment
      Does this mean you resent the ASR that you won the National Championship and National High Point Championships with this year?

Congratulations go to you on both, hard work payed off for you, Adam, & Kelly. Those Fabbro boats are fast!!

• ryan_4z
      ryan_4z commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Howie, I think you know I have much love for the Fabbro 'You Get What You Pay For.' But I cannot lie, it'd been hella more fun with a round chine!

• crfabbro2F
      crfabbro2F commented
      Editing a comment
      Watching the whole Bennett Navy chasing you in the final was the highlight of my year!

Turn fins in the runabout classes have ruined runabout racing. BSR is the last true runabout class in stock. With the allowance of fins in other classes there are some boats you can't run and be competitive on the short coarse. Example the Nyles Wing that Butch Ott used to win the 97' C2R Nationals with. Couldn't make it happen once we went to sidefins. There are other designs sitting on the beach because of the fins also. Fins really penalize good drivers who had middle of the road equipment but could make up for it with their driving skill.

Comment

Just to remind everybody of a procedural truth about how this would be handled by the SORC if it is even proposed. Because it is class specific any proposed rule of this nature would be put on the ballot for membership approval. It would only be voted on by drivers that have participated in BSR the prior racing year. Based on that and conversations I've had with current BSR drivers, I think this will quickly be disposed of.

Comment

take them off all runabouts or get in a hydro where you may belong,case closed ?????????

Comment

• pearson95m
          pearson95m commented
          Editing a comment
          anyone know how do you double or triple "like" a comment?

• dwhitford
          dwhitford commented
          Editing a comment
          To pearson95m: Just type two (lowercase) single quote marks one after another on both sides of the word or phrase you want to set off, like ''this''.

As a wimpy CSR driver myself, I love when I get the opportunity to run BSR at nationals! The Trolian's have been very gracious in letting me run a boat a few times. There's nothing like a roll up ride!
        Kyle Bahl
        20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Let's get all our runabouts (utilities) back, so we can race again anywhere. Hydro drivers can continue racing on the retention ponds ??????

Comment

I enjoy watching the past S/O Nationals on YouTube,,especially BSR. Dave & Craig,,Cooper,, Edward,,Dana and a lot more roll-up drivers..
            ​Let the existing drivers vote on this one.. No dog in this fight.. Just an old spectator.

Comment

Just hoping there is no vote on this one.
              Still hoping to run this one day. Might have to borrow a motor and prop, but hey. Some day I'll get the real ride.
              ----
              Graham18ce
              Team Canada ThunderCat
              Facebook - www.facebook.com\fralickracing
              Twitter @FralickRacing
              Instagram @FralickRacing

Comment

Working...
              X