No announcement yet.

APBA Board of Directors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a reminder, the deadline to get your ballots in the mail is 9/13/16 if you're voting for me. Anytime after that if you're voting for others.

Comment

I am currently working on a 4-pronged approach for marketing and growing APBA. The 4 subjects will work together to raise awareness of all APBA events nationwide, and provide an opportunity for spectators to get involved in the sport. It will promote our driving schools and the APBA banner. I wholeheartedly believe it will also open doors to the entrepreneurial possibilities within boat racing. ​More to come- Got to go to work!

Comment

• Matt Dagostino
        Matt Dagostino commented
        Editing a comment
        A fifth prong should be 'affordability' for new and old racers in our entry level divisions. We need to assure that the BOD and our Stock Outboard- J Division stresses 'affordability' with equipment that provides access into the sport!! Often times we are more concerned with availability and forget about affordability. We can have all the exposure in the world but if we price what we do out of the market( for new folks especially) we have failed. Not a sermon, just a thought.

I purchased my first rig, a complete csh outfit, including boat, 30 h, safety gear, and a trailer for 950 bucks....boy was I thrilled! Of course my parents were less then thrilled when they found out I used my college tuition money for the stuff...but oh well...maybe Apba could start a national database of used equipment for sale...there is so much good used equipment sitting in people's garages....

Comment

Get your properly filled out (Vote for John Runne) ballots in the mail, ASAP. The deadline is Tuesday the 13th of Sept. If you don't vote, I don't want to hear complaints about the direction of APBA. ......... I wonder if we can somehow get that in the by-laws? Probably not.

Comment

Tomorrow DEADLINE! Get them in the mail!

Comment

Still not too late! Fight apathy, vote (for John Runne, of course). All kidding aside, I hope our membership is taking this and all elections seriously. We need to make a change in our philosophy going forward if we are to grow. We need to take advantage of all the tools we have access to in order to preserve this great but shrinking family sport. Take the time to care before we have nothing left to care about. Regardless of who gets elected to the BOD, they will have my encouragement and hear my opinions. Like it or not!

Comment

• dwhitford
              dwhitford commented
              Editing a comment
              Good on you, John. You already got my vote days & days ago. :<))

Good luck Mr Runne-
            Please be aware my vote certainly would've been your's had my ballot arrived in my mailbox. Unfortunately, it did not.
            The Monday before Labor Day (Aug. 29) I contacted Linda Likert/APBA via phone with credit card difficulty. She was very helpful in expediting the process; however she did not mention that the racing membership term runs Nov through Nov. I expressed that I was new to boat racing and was given the new driver discount ($195 vs. $270).
            Within two days a Propeller magazine arrived in the mail. I was thrilled. A few days later, my membership card arrived w/ two beautiful APBA stickers- but I noticed the date on the card was 2016. Hmmm...
            This past Saturday I was made aware of the Nov/Nov term; of which I had no idea. I raced off-road M/C for 30yrs & was required to belong to the AMA (American Motorcycle Assoc) & the term expired on your join date. I assumed APBA was the same. Shame on me.
            I am awaiting a return call from Ms. Likert to try & resolve this- which easily could have been avoided had I been told my card would expire in a matter of weeks.
            Good luck to you Sir- after following this thread very closely it is obvious to me that you certainly have the APBA's best interest at heart
            George Bressler

Comment

• squirrelboydeluxe
              squirrelboydeluxe commented
              Editing a comment
              I talked to her yesterday- she said she will talk to her boss & see what she can do
              She did ask if I've been on the water in a (race) boat since I got the card
              I told her the boat is not even built yet- which I told her to begin with
              Just about can't wait to see how this shakes out
              Most (or at least a lot of) these five pages are about APBA increasing membership
              Let's see how they treat a brand new member-GB

• squirrelboydeluxe
              squirrelboydeluxe commented
              Editing a comment
              I am getting a 2017 card- Thank you APBA...GB

• Matt Dagostino
              Matt Dagostino commented
              Editing a comment
              Patrick the new APBA Director seems to be a fair and sharp guy! They did the right thing!! Amazing how a little common sense goes a long way to build good will and trust!

I'd like to thank all of you that have supported me with your votes to the APBA Board of Directors. I just received a call from Pres. Mark Wheeler congratulating me on my election to the BoD. I will work hard to accomplish my goals and look forward to working with all of you to help grow this great sport. Keep the ideas coming. I will not disappoint.
            John Runne

Comment

• Charlie Pater
              Charlie Pater commented
              Editing a comment
              Congratulations John

• Matt Dagostino
              Matt Dagostino commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats.........

• fbref5269
              fbref5269 commented
              Editing a comment
              great news! congrats!

As Expected!! Those 75 votes I sent in worked!! Everyone that knows you, already knows how committed you will be! Congrats!

Comment

• csh-2z
              csh-2z commented
              Editing a comment
              the check is in the mail

Who all got elected?

Comment

• Racerkyle20
              Racerkyle20 commented
              Editing a comment
              Howie Nichols, John Runne, Chris Fairchild, and Jean McKay.

Originally posted by squirrelboydeluxe View Post
            Good luck Mr Runne-
            Please be aware my vote certainly would've been your's had my ballot arrived in my mailbox. Unfortunately, it did not.
            The Monday before Labor Day (Aug. 29) I contacted Linda Likert/APBA via phone with credit card difficulty. She was very helpful in expediting the process; however she did not mention that the racing membership term runs Nov through Nov. I expressed that I was new to boat racing and was given the new driver discount ($195 vs. $270).
            Within two days a Propeller magazine arrived in the mail. I was thrilled. A few days later, my membership card arrived w/ two beautiful APBA stickers- but I noticed the date on the card was 2016. Hmmm...
            This past Saturday I was made aware of the Nov/Nov term; of which I had no idea. I raced off-road M/C for 30yrs & was required to belong to the AMA (American Motorcycle Assoc) & the term expired on your join date. I assumed APBA was the same. Shame on me.
            I am awaiting a return call from Ms. Likert to try & resolve this- which easily could have been avoided had I been told my card would expire in a matter of weeks.
            Good luck to you Sir- after following this thread very closely it is obvious to me that you certainly have the APBA's best interest at heart
            George Bressler
            Mark or John,

APBA needs to resolve this for George Bressler. His membership needs to be for 2017. I'm surprised he wasn't told this to begin with.

Best Regards,

Dean Hobart..................
            sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

• csh-2z
              csh-2z commented
              Editing a comment
              It has been taken care of. He's all set for 2017

Thanks Dean, Matt D, John Runne & hydroracer.net
            The APBA did right by me; and I am thrilled to see John was elected...
            George B

Comment

Originally posted by squirrelboydeluxe View Post
              Thanks Dean, Matt D, John Runne & hydroracer.net
              The APBA did right by me; and I am thrilled to see John was elected...
              George B
              Really cool............ This is what we need..... Way to go John.
              sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Originally posted by csh-2z View Post
                My name is John Runne and I am seeking support for the opportunity to serve on the APBA BoD. Many of you are familiar with my stance on many issues throughout the past 10 or so years here on Hydroracer. If any of you have any questions, comments or topics to discuss, I'll be glad to respond as soon as possible.

Fire away!

There is also a thread on the APBA social site.
                Okay let's see you work your magic I'll be standing by watching the great improvement you will make to grow APBA now that you were elected based on your comments in your election run I am sure it will be a matter of a few months and you will fix the issues that are plaguing the future of APBA.
                1. declining sanctions
                2. declining membership
                3. high cost of putting on races
                4. increased insurance cost
                5. lack of interest in national issues
                6. pulling the APBA out of a downward tail spin as this is going to be as effective as realigning the deck chairs on the Titanic before hitting the iceberg.

Good luck will fun to watch!

Comment

Originally posted by daveracerdsh View Post
                  Maybe, just maybe...being a member run organization is not the best way to move forward if we want to grow
                  APBA. I have been to around 20 meetings, both as a member of the stock commission and as an interested observer that cares deeply about boat racing. The one thing I see that is killing the sport? People have a "trailer box mentality" You can't mess with the 44XS I have been racing since 1986....how could we POSSIBLY bring in a new motor....that will make mine obsolete! Take a look at how many classes we run in outboards ....stock mod and pro combined. I can't even count that high. Are we trying to get sponsorship? What long term goals to we have? None that I can see. Instead of tackling these issues at national meetings, we spend time talking about how Dylan Runne should be thrown out in BSH at Lake Who cares...really. Maybe it's time for APBA to cut the number of outboard classes down to 10 total. And I mean ten total across the board...stock, mod, and pro. Maybe we could use a new format to attract sponsors. Maybe. Who knows. I suspect we will lurch along like we have been...people taking up time at meetings talking about items that in the long run do NOTHING to help the sport. Maybe it's time to take a hard look at things.......
                  Dave if you look at the past people elected to the APBA BOARD you will see the same names elected over and over with a couple of changes from year to year the only thing that has not changed in the past years is the decline in sanctions, decline in membership, higher cost of putting on races and increased membership fees with reduced services and benefits. The question really is WHAT DOES APBA OFFER THAT can't be provided by other racing organizations? There will be boat racing in years to come thru the racing organizations that currently exist the challenge will be if APBA can stay competitive to the weekend racers who pay the bills and support the events at local races. Your correct in your question of why is there a need for 3 outboard commissions?? If as region has no races for mod, or pro, why is there a need to appoint a commissioner for that region? The problem is the mindset that this is how we have done it for years and the lack of willingness to change! If APBA was a car company we would be driving model A's !!
                  So as in the past join the management team of APBA and stick your head back in the sand and accept the same things going forward as in the past god knows we will never reduce classes only invent 3 or 4 more ways to run Yamato engines in "new classes" that the commission will dream up thinking they are growing the sport ---------

Enjoy the ride!

Comment

Working...
                  X