No announcement yet.

New 321 motor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gee no one ever posted the price for a 321 that is not for the 302 class???

Comment

Originally posted by daveracerdsh View Post
      Alan...sorta curious. How long did it take you to get your 321 into the country? Any problems doing so? Dave
      As I understand it, Mike Ward the importer in the UK who sells parts to drivers in the US sells the motor as spare parts. Powerhead in one box, tower & clamps in another & gear case in yet another box.

Comment

All, please be patient. We are held up by the end of our fiscal year. Currently, the 2016 SORC is being formed in the different region meetings throughout the country. Once that is completed they will pick the next chairman. If they decide I am the person for the job, I will immediately call a meeting of the 302 committee to advise the SORC on the best implementation of the new engine. As Dave Anderson has mentioned, we are working on this almost daily in preparation. The majority of this should all be complete by the end of November. Since I am rarely on this site, please forward any questions to stockoutboard@apba.org and I will get back to you asap.
        Thanks, Jeff
        http://www.stockoutboard.com/

Comment

As a new driver this year in the awesome 302ssh class my vote this coming year is to just let both motors run the class!! Lets just see what happens in race situations and then deal with it if.
          Jeff sherwin 229A

Comment

Thank you for you support this year Jeff! Are you a new driver or have you moved into 302SSH from another class? Dave

Comment

• Jeff sherwin
              Jeff sherwin commented
              Editing a comment
              new driver last year expanded to the 302 class this year

Another new racer looking foreword to the 2016 season. Looking for a 302/321 motor, for CSH class. Seems like this is a transition year. Probably should wait and see where the chips fall for this class. Definitely need a motor.

Comment

3 point....if you can get a good 302 motor go for it. Are you a new Cora member?

Comment

daveracerdsh- Thanks for the advice, as I need plenty. Yes a brand new racer, planning on joining CORA at the start of 2016. Headed for CSH.

Comment

3 point: Cora is a growing well organized club. Check out their website. There are plenty of people that would be more then willing to help you out. If you already have a boat, a used 302 might be the best way to go....but again, reach out to local members in area. Dave

Comment

Check with Ken McMurphy.
                    I know he's got at least one maybe two C stock hydro's for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff sherwin View Post
                      As a new driver this year in the awesome 302ssh class my vote this coming year is to just let both motors run the class!! Lets just see what happens in race situations and then deal with it if.
                      Jeff sherwin 229A
                      Yes, I think this is the way to go...... My opinion only, as I do not have any say or vote on this issue.
                      sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Cliff Johnson has access to the Yamato 321 at a very reasonable price. Hope to test fire our new one this coming weekend. First thing though is to check the cc to see where it is compared to our 302.

Comment

I am no expert...But I think the cc's are the same for both motors.

Comment

Originally posted by John Schubert View Post
                            As I understand it, Mike Ward the importer in the UK who sells parts to drivers in the US sells the motor as spare parts. Powerhead in one box, tower & clamps in another & gear case in yet another box.
                            From the time I ordered it until it came in was a total of 9 days. It took a total of 30 minutes to put it together!

Alan
                            Last edited by OldRacerBU; 11-11-2015, 06:39 AM.

Comment

• Harold8
                              Harold8 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Can I ask what the total Cost was?

The engine cost $2,336 if I remember correctly which included freight.

Comment

Working...
                            X