No announcement yet.

New Boats 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few quick answers to some questions people have had of me when visiting my shop or in phone conversations. While the new boat looks exactly like the older hull, I made a few modifications to it to keep the nose down....me being 150 lbs dripping wet made it a little scary to drive old hull at times. Just watch heat 2 DSH Moses lake nationals and you will see what I mean. I decreased the lift by 1/4, changed the cowling and windshield angle slightly to give it a little more "down force" so to speak...and moved the CG about 2 inches forward. All subtle change to be sure, but hopefully I will not have to keep getting of the gas so to speak to keep the nose down. Going testing Friday, and if everything goes well I will be selling my old hull. I don't want to, but I do not have storage space for it. More to come later.

Comment

• RJs new ride. Good thing it has a big cockpit. He needs somewhere to put 120 pounds.

Comment

• New boat is all rigged and ready to make smoke. Going to lake to test Sunday if weather permits. Boat turned out looking good to me and am very anxious to see how it performs. Hopefully it will do well. Looking forward to getting the new season underway. Once this boat performs to my expectations,will pull a mold off of it and build an all composite hull. That has been the plan from the beginning.

Comment

• New boat looks great!!! Good luck testing!
          Joe Silvestri
          CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
          JH/JR

Comment

• new Darneille 750ccmh.........along with the new Machined Components 44mod tower!!
            Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

• Finally got the new 500 capsule boat on the water at Lake Alfred. Boat runs very well, it is fast, going to make a minor change, move driver back about 6 inches, and go test again. Boat is running very flat. Into the stiff wind at Lake Alfred it was carrying the sponsons like it is supposed to, and Tommy is on a learning curve as how to drive a euro boat. Found out backing off in the corners is a no no as he flat spun the boat twice, All in all a good outing for the first time.

Comment

• Testing is done, everything is a go for the composite boat. Boat is sealed, flanges in place for infusion layup and on the way to the mold maker. Imagine a 160 pound 500 capsule boat with one of Italy's finest pushing it, hang on to your hat it's coming.

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Glad you guys got that boat working in Florida, wish I could have seen it run over the weekend. Have you taken up on my offer? Bill
              Working...
              X