No announcement yet.

Skootney Lake Region 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks pat, you have history there and I respect your opinion. You're a good one to bounce thoughts off. I can talk with some of the racers throughout the season and see if they have interest racing here.if so jon and I can work on trying to make it happen
    Sean Byrne

Comment

I have no problem trying to get back to Scootney. If you ask me the Tir-cities area has a ton of potential racers that may not even know it! Sean if you and Jon can get the local park rangers on board I'm sure SOA would love to go back there. Or maybe SLORA can make a go at it. Like Daren Said, SOA is short a race in July this year. Although next year (2015) Kitsap lake should be back again and possibly Little American Lake. 2014 in region 10 APBA it will be about quality races, not quantity. Even though with selected outboards at inboard races we still have over 10 weekends of racing.....including the APBA nationals.

I personally want another go at Moses Lake at Cascade Park for a local race. The Nationals this year will tell what our future there could be. I currently think a July race in Moses Lake would be awesome. Cascade park is expensive, but doing the leg work with local sponsorship can make it viable. Currently local sponsorship for the nationals is going really well.
      Kyle Bahl
      20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

• blueskyracer
        blueskyracer commented
        Editing a comment
        Last year SLORA averaged 13 boats per race and lost a lot of money so they are struggling right now

Jon and Sean, I think this a great Idea to get a couple 3 races on the east side! Scootenay, Moses and Soap isn't a bad trio. Definitely gives more eastern Washington people an incentive to start racing like Kyle said and the more the merrier. Let me know if you guys would like help with talking to people about sponsorships etc. I've always felt that if people in the Tri-Cities knew that they could get into boat racing at an affordable price point that we could really grow the sport in our region to greater heights. I say go for it!

Comment

The big problem with starting a race with no backing from bigger clubs is if it was a APBA race who can afford the sanction, insurance and ambulance with very marginal boat turn out.. Yet if you go affordable such as AOF or NBRA then no one wants to come.. Plus you need all the equipment to run the race..
        Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Working...
        X