Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe J
    Daren:

you and I have discussed this before, so you know some of the reasons. However, it does seem that the politics in this area are getting better.

Let's take Bakersfield for an example. There are a lot of drivers in R-11 that quit going there after being charges $70 entry fees, and getting 1 heat. And being treated like SH*& at the same time.

Granted that was a while ago, and the people in charge have changed.

The other reason people do not go to races in other regions is due to scheduling. When we have races every other weekend, then Bakersfield is on an off weekend, the $$ start to add up.

that's $600, and hopefully no equipment breaks, but those costs need to be added as well.

We ran 9 weekend of racing this year, plus 1 trip to Omaha and 1 to Depue. that's $5400 spent locally before counting in ANY out of region costs. At some point, the majority of racers need to pick and choose where they are going to race and what races they will miss.

I would bet most drivers would prefer to attend EVERY race, but that's not possible.

Joe
    I gurantee this has not happened in the last 3 out of the 5yrs I have been racing in Reg12:

"Let's take Bakersfield for an example. There are a lot of drivers in R-11 that quit going there after being charges $70 entry fees, and getting 1 heat. And being treated like SH*& at the same time."

if it has, I want to know about it and actions will be taken, trust me!

and this is an underestimate:

Let's see:
    Motorhome gas $200 (more like $250 nowadays)
    Food ( and beer) $200 (beer alone can cost $125, so not much foor for $75!)
    Entry fees $200 (that would be only racing 2 classes, which alot of us are now racing 3/4, so add another $100)

yep, it does add up, but alot cheaper and more exciting than spending that $$$ in a bar all weekend).

Joe, just for your info, I figure it cost me about $1000 every time I attend a Reg11 race, so know about the expenses................................that is why I live in a cardboard box and eat government cheese and drink government provided milk!
    Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

daren i love reading your posts, in fact in this case nearly makes me feel like i made the wrong decision, your passion is nearly unmatched, your enthusiasm is great and what the sport needs, it's really thankless work, and burnout is extremely common. keep up your drive on this kev

Comment

Originally posted by Joe J
        Food ( and beer) $200
        Wow! You must not drink that much!
        Ryan Runne
        9-H
        Wacusee Speedboats
        ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

Originally posted by propwash
          this sport is not what it once was, not nearly as enjoyable!!!! the family we all talk about , even that has changed in the way we interact at races, i see families yelling and screaming at each other, often,
          This is not the case in any race I have ever been to. Maybe having fun is just a Stock Outboard thing now?
          Ryan Runne
          9-H
          Wacusee Speedboats
          ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_4z
            Wow! You must not drink that much!
            some of us do not drink like a fish, like you do Ryan!!!!
            Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Unfortunately, politics is a neccesary evil. By definition, every organization needs a governing body. Within that governing body, you'll have people that share the same opinions, and you'll have people that have other opinions. All voices are equal, but in most cases, the majority rules. In our case (boatracing), each region may have problems that require different solutions. Therefore, it is very difficult to develop a strategy for all. In addition to that, many of us have a different perspectives on what we need to do to improve our sport.

Consider the reasons we have three or more separate racing organizations. When a minority group feels strongly about certain issues, they may consider these differences to be irreconcilable and decide to create a new organization. Why do we have so many categories? Simple: we all have a different idea on what real boatracing is. Why are there so many classes? Because we have different tastes and comfort levels. There's always going to be conflict. The most important thing is that we remain civil and respectful of each others opinions. And let's face it, everybody is not going to like everybody. Sometimes personalities get in the way of progress.

John 2-Z
              John Runne
              2-Z

Stock Outboard is all about a level playing field.

True parity is one motor per class.

It's RACING, not just another boat ride!

NOT a representative of Racing Outboards LLC.

Comment

Well said, John

Comment

Working...
                X