Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New DSH Scottcraft

Hey guys,

Here is a pic of the latest DSH delivery at Crystal Lake this past weekend. Newly designed scottcraft Hydro and 44xs motor. He will debut the outfit at Franklin next year after some fall testing.

Regards,
    Attached Files
    Dave Scott
    Aim Marine Inc.
    613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
    Ottawa, Canada
    http://stores.ebay.com/Aim-Outboard-Recyclers
    DS(M)H - 20CE

Thanks!!!

Hey Matt,

Yes this one is all mine. I designed it in Autocad and had the plans printed full size. The blue is painted by brush - it is Petit Marine paints with 3 coats and wet sanded and then varnished over the whole boat. I got orders on the weekend for two more one for D Classic and one For DSH.

Regards,
    Dave Scott
    Aim Marine Inc.
    613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
    Ottawa, Canada
    DS(M)H - 20CE

Comment

Originally posted by crankbearing
      I got orders on the weekend for two more one for D Classic and one For DSH.
      Dave,

Just out of curiosity, are the boats you build now for D Classic about the same as what you built/build (or would build) for a Mercury C mod? (We used to think of a C mod boat and a D stock boat as being one and the same when C mods where 30H Mercs and D stocks were 55H Mercs.)

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

c-mod and DSH classic

Hey Dave,

I think that other than changing the transom heights I would build the 44XS - d Classic and C- mod boats all the same. That 44 boat above is 11'2 with a 36" bottom. I think the C/D boats of the past were 11' and had a 35" bottom.They all prefer a 80+" afterplane. All would require much different setups. I would most likely add some lift to a C-mod - not much but a little and some (S) in the bottom to help it out of the corners.

Regards,
        Dave Scott
        Aim Marine Inc.
        613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
        Ottawa, Canada
        DS(M)H - 20CE

Comment

huh?????

Hey Dave,

I think that other than changing the transom heights I would build the 44XS - d Classic and C- mod boats all the same. That 44 boat above is 11'2 with a 36" bottom. I think the C/D boats of the past were 11' and had a 35" bottom.They all prefer a 80+" afterplane. All would require much different setups. I would most likely add some lift to a C-mod - not much but a little and some (S) in the bottom to help it out of the corners.

Regards,
          "S" bottom to help out in the corners???????
          Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

The S bottoms have been around since the Craig Crafts in the 70's but will let Dave explain it. Just about all of the A and B hydros have S bottoms, never paid much attention to the bigger hydros
            Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

add lift

Hey Matt,

When you draw the bottom in on the boat you can change the dead-rise where it starts etc... the more deadrise the more or less lift. the "S" can be added in a couple places. theory say that if instead of a straight line from the start of the deadrise in the bottom to the leading edge you can create an "s" or a pocket and this will pack more air coming out of the corner to help "POP" the boat out of the corner. This would be done when building a new boat not to an existing boat.

The other "S" which I use is near the center of the drivers weight when under power - the theory here is that if placed correctly and with the proper speed that the relief that does not contact the water in the bottom creates a difference in pressure causing the whole boat to lift out of the water parallel to the water line. This is very noteable in many BUTZ designs.

Regards,
              Dave Scott
              Aim Marine Inc.
              613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
              Ottawa, Canada
              DS(M)H - 20CE

Comment

Originally posted by G Stillwill
                The S bottoms have been around since the Craig Crafts in the 70's but will let Dave explain it. Just about all of the A and B hydros have S bottoms, never paid much attention to the bigger hydros

I understand that and my last Darneille CMH had an "S" bottom, but do not understand how the "S" would help in the corners?????? My Butts C hydro also has an "S" bottom...
                Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Out of the corners

Hey Daren,

The wording is to help you coming out of the corners not in the corners.

Regards,
                  Dave Scott
                  Aim Marine Inc.
                  613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
                  Ottawa, Canada
                  DS(M)H - 20CE

Comment

Hey Daren,

The wording is to help you coming out of the corners not in the corners.

Regards,

ah, I should learn how to read!
                    Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

problems......

Hey Matt,

When you draw the bottom in on the boat you can change the dead-rise where it starts etc... the more deadrise the more or less lift. the "S" can be added in a couple places. theory say that if instead of a straight line from the start of the deadrise in the bottom to the leading edge you can create an "s" or a pocket and this will pack more air coming out of the corner to help "POP" the boat out of the corner. This would be done when building a new boat not to an existing boat.

The other "S" which I use is near the center of the drivers weight when under power - the theory here is that if placed correctly and with the proper speed that the relief that does not contact the water in the bottom creates a difference in pressure causing the whole boat to lift out of the water parallel to the water line. This is very noteable in many BUTZ designs.

Regards,

setup is VERY CRITICAL when an "S" is added to the bottom, ESPECIALLY when it is added more to the aft end of the boat.

Dave, are you considering the "rear S" the same as adding a "rocker" to the rear of the bottom????
                      Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Both my A and B Fralicks the S starts just in front of the steering wheel and ends just behind it. I can see and feel it more with the A boat as it comes out of a turn, if low in the boat looking through the winshield you can see the front come up on the horizone and as it picks up speed it looks like the front is settling down but its really the back of the boat lifting up and leveling out. I have pictures of both boats with no spray comming off the sides just out of the back of the boats and can see all the air trap to the transom.
                        Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Originally posted by G Stillwill
                          Both my A and B Fralicks the S starts just in front of the steering wheel and ends just behind it. I can see and feel it more with the A boat as it comes out of a turn, if low in the boat looking through the winshield you can see the front come up on the horizone and as it picks up speed it looks like the front is settling down but its really the back of the boat lifting up and leveling out. I have pictures of both boats with no spray comming off the sides just out of the back of the boats and can see all the air trap to the transom.
                          boy George, you must be going real slow to see all that happening.........just kiddin' buddy!!!
                          Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Hey Daren us old guys fall out of the boat if it goes to fast.........lol

Comment

Aqua and Wood

Pretty outfit Dave, keep up the good work.

Randy
                              SPEED-SPRAY-ACTION !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X